Sign in to follow this  
DesiredShot

Will Ehobby asia ruin my gun?

Hi guys, I was about to order the tokyo marui scar, which is a gun I have sought after for a long time, and I finally found it in stock somewhere for a good price, ehobby asia. But right as im about to order it I see a little warning next to the shipping information;

"Important Notes:

All airsoft guns sold to your country are affixed with an orange tip permanently.

Trademark on airsoft guns will also be removed."

I live in the united states, in california. Does this mean that they're gonna remove my black flash hider, superglue an orange tip, and scrape off all of the trades on the gun? If so that's quite disappointing to me... Does anyone have experience buying from them and know what exactly they do to the gun? Btw, here is the link to the product for reference: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/tokyo-marui-sca...ml#.UrIm5fRDsRk thanks in advance.

Hi guys, I was about to order the tokyo marui scar, which is a gun I have sought after for a long time, and I finally found it in stock somewhere for a good price, ehobby asia. But right as im about to order it I see a little warning next to the shipping information;

"Important Notes:

All airsoft guns sold to your country are affixed with an orange tip permanently.

I live in the united states, in california. Does this mean that they're gonna remove my black flash hider, superglue an orange tip, and scrape off all of the trades on the gun? If so that's quite disappointing to me... Does anyone have experience buying from them and know what exactly they do to the gun? Btw, here is the link to the product for reference: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/tokyo-marui-sca...ml#.UrIm5fRDsRk thanks in advance.

For Cali...definitely. Cali has been stricter on Airsoft imports over other states. A lot of people send me their unmolested TM and I resend it to them in Cali...often.

For Cali...definitely. Cali has been stricter on Airsoft imports over other states. A lot of people send me their unmolested TM and I resend it to them in Cali...often.

I've heard that rather than scrape off trademarks, they put some kind of goop or electrical tape over it and it can be taken off, it that true?

I've heard that rather than scrape off trademarks, they put some kind of goop or electrical tape over it and it can be taken off, it that true?

It depends, but your in Cali. Cali and Hawaii have provisions locally to make it harder to get your favorite Airsoft Goodie from Hong Kong.

Its a hit or miss. I'd say 60% they will burn them off. When they give you an orange tip they will also include the black one.

30% they put tape over all trades and sharpie mark the box it comes with delabeling all the trades. 5% it doesn't.... Another 5% its seized by customs and expect a heavy delay.

Decided to take a chance and go for it, after all, I'm in it for the gun itself and the way it performs way more than I am in it for the trades, otherwise I would have went for a VFC scar. Anyway, it has already arrived in southern California (I live up north) and is going through customs as we speak, so lets hope for the best! :a-grin:

"Important Notes:

A team mate of mine bought his G&P defender from ehobbyasia, it did arrive with an orange flash hider, but was not glued on. it also came with the metal black flashider which he simply tookoff after removing the set screw and put on the metal one. all G&P trades were in tact and the aeg did not have one scratch on it. We do live in Florida, a state where everyone and their brother has a gun.

Edited by ScottATS

Ok everyone, it came in about a week ago and I'm happy to say it was completely untouched, they did put an orange flash hider on that was easy to remove, but they left me the black one too, and nothing at all was done to the trades, not even putty or electrical tape was put on! So all is well, and it functions like a beast :D