to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Wei_pad

Battery Not Getting Warm?

Hey guys. I have this big NiCd battery but I think it may be broken. It says 1.2 V SC size 1500mAh. When I tried charging it, I left it for 5 hours. After 5 hours, the charger was warm but the battery wasn't. I found that strange since my other batteries get warm after charging. So I stuck the battery into the gun and played about 2 games (20 mins each). On the 3rd game, it conked out. I have no idea why this happened since it was just so sudden. What's happened?

Oh and my charger says:

Input: 220V~50-60Hz

Output: 7.2V 250mA

If your in the US. That charger is worthless...it won't charge anything.

Actually it's pretty worthless anyways...Those bundled chargers and Shuang Bao NICD's are totally fleece the newbie gimmicks.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Assuming you're trying to charge an 8.V battery, that charger will take upwards of 7 hours to charge fully. But charging an 8.4V will normally require a higher voltage like 9V (a 9.6V would be charging at around 10). Ditch the charger. Even a cheap $20 Bol basic charger will do you a lot of good.

A 7.2V charger cannot charge a 8.4V battery. Voltage is to high in the battery and will result in the battery trying to impart a charge on the charger.

Even with a "dumb" charger (no cutoff or anything) you need to charge NIMH/NiCD at around 1.35V to 1.4V per cell. 1.2V per cell is not enough... 7.2V will only charge a 6-cell pack to around 20% capacity, if that; it's likely made for 5-cell packs.

Hey guys thanks for the answers. It turns out that it's my battery that's dead and not the charger. I borrowed 3 different smart chargers from 3 different friends and charged for about 7 hours. The results were the same: the battery conked out instantly. Well at least I can now buy thoseLiPo ones.

And get a new charger too.

Your cheap charger most likely killed your cheap battery.

Please buy a multimeter to perform tests be it to the charger or battery. The warm fuzzy feeling test is as cheap as one-ply toilet paper from Dollar Tree.

Lipos is the way to go, cheap, more consistent power, easier to monitor and charge.

Two brands and you will be happy for games to come; Tenergy and Nano-Tech.

Edited by Cktein