Sign in to follow this  
superlukas91

which gun should I get?

Why would you change internals? You don't even own it yet?

You don't buy a new car and immediately start ripping off parts and changing it do you? So why would you do that with an Airsoft gun?

Play with it for 10 different days before you decide to make any changes to it. Then change it to "your" play style. Don't have a play style? Develope one first before you start changing your AEG.

Buy good spare mags and batteries (DO NOT BUY AIRSOFT BATTERIES FOR IT) and try it out.

You guys are not helping the new player base....and you wonder why I get crabby and short.

But disproving you is so fun...

OK so you change stuff on a car. But you don't change stuff on a brand new Porsche! Oh wait...

Think of your G&P as a brand new Corvette. You don't want to do anything to the beauty of the car until you get it top speed.

Take your G&P through its "top speed" and then change what you think should be changed.

But disproving you is so fun...

OK so you change stuff on a car. But you don't change stuff on a brand new Porsche! Oh wait...

Think of your G&P as a brand new Corvette. You don't want to do anything to the beauty of the car until you get it top speed.

Take your G&P through its "top speed" and then change what you think should be changed.

Camero...

But if I want to upgrade the weapon, what should I change in the internals? I know that g&p's piston and gears are crappy, so which one must I get?

And where do you base that the piston and gears are crappy? Through an Internet myth based on an issue for this brand over 6 years ago?

There is no issue with G&P gears in stock form. The piston is fine too. Use it to the point that something does break and then make improvements.

Here is a picture of a set of G&P gears that went through 5 months of play with roughly 100K cycles on it.

Teeth are fine, spindle is fine!

9975315655_72da30dea3_c.jpg

The bevel is a bit chewed due to an Element grip that was introduced about 3 weeks before the picture was taken. That aftermarket grip canted the motor off to the left and that led to improper gear contact. I only discovered this when I began a HS upgrade for the player...but as you can see...there is no inherent issue with the stock gears.

9975388926_14aa8fa994_c.jpg

And the gear set still worked.

There is nothing you "need" to get.

Also at this point...who would do the work for you were you to source another set of piston and gears?

Edited by Guges Mk3