to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Colin Zimmerman

Echo 1 ASR Upgrades

Howdy,

I recently purchased an E-1 ASR, and am getting about 6/10 hits on torso sized target at 200'.

I'm looking to be able to get this accuracy out to about 250', with really tight groupings at about 150'.

I'm thinking of getting the following:

-6.03 Madbull TBB 509mm ( http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1231 )

-Hop Up Bucking (any recommendations??)

-DIY Barrel Spacers

So, would that Barrel fit in the stock hop up chamber?

Would these mods be able to push the range to how I'd like it, or am I to optimistic? :)

Any help would be appreciated, as this is my first gun upgrade!

Thanks Guys!

Colin

You wont be able to reach that range with conventional hop up buckings. The barrel is a good start, and yes it will fit the chamber you have. They don't really make barrel spacers for AEG's, but Hunterseeker Armory makes barrel shims which wedge the inner barrel into the outer barrel and reduce vibration, so the same premise as barrel spacers. You can buy them off of Shapeways website, via searching Hunterseeker Armory.

For hop up buckings, you should really look at the R-hop, also by HS Armory. A conventional bucking won't be able to put bbs out to 250ft in a 400fps gun (I am making an assumption that is what you are running at). I would suggest the R-hop coupled with heavy bbs. I would use .30g as a minimum if you want to hit 250ft. It is definitely doable though

Barrel shems are a great idea. They help stabilize the barrel inside the outter barrel.

The upgrade kit from Echo one is worth its weight in gold. Its a fantastic upgrade. Make sure you follow the mods advice over at Echo 1 and lighten the piston as well. Its a good, worthwhile, easy upgrade.

Search for my posts on the ASR. Me and some guys from here did a whole bunch of work on this gun when it first came out. Our threads are worth reading. Alot of people posted accuracy results and modification steps.

Thanks Ronin and Airborne for your help.

I think I'm going to go ahead and get a tbb, r-hop, barrel shims, and possibly that E-1 upgrade kit.

I guess now is as good a time as ever to get these, since my ASR is currently headed back to E-1 for repairs... :(

At least I won't have to sit here looking at the gun until the upgrades arrive! :)

Thanks Ronin and Airborne for your help.

I'm ashamed to admit that I just realized the ASR is a bolt action, and not an AEG. I didn't realize Echo 1 rebranded bolties. Since this is the case, you very well may need barrel spacers, not barrel shims. It depends on how big the gap is between the inner and outer barrel. I apologize for this oversight.

LoL I said SHEMS too LoL, Sheesh !!

But I meant spacers. I have two or three in my gun. I don't remember.

And if I remember correctly, I had the firefly bucking. the one with three nubs on it instead of one big bar nub. That thing was like magic.