Sign in to follow this  
Tawababa2

If you were buying a new brand of gun?

Honestly, for the best at a price point most can afford, CYMA is basically bullet proof. They are tough as nails and quite well built, other than the occasional lemon that every company produces from time to time.

CYMA is average performance at most.

Parts in it are decent but far from great.

They are definitely not bullet proof and have crap tuning.

Occasional lemon means instant death.

How is kwa, g & p and higher priced echo 1?

Virtually all Echo 1 are mildy upgraded rebrands. All their AKs are Cyma, in fact most still have their CMXXX designation on the receiver under the stock. KWA is good but you do run into the issue that they use some proprietary parts for no other reason than to make sure you come to them for parts. G&P seem to be a bit hit and miss, especially for the money they bring in, not bad by any stretch but their gears seem to be the main quality control goof ups.

Virtually all Echo 1 are mildy upgraded rebrands. All their AKs are Cyma, in fact most still have their CMXXX designation on the receiver under the stock. KWA is good but you do run into the issue that they use some proprietary parts for no other reason than to make sure you come to them for parts. G&P seem to be a bit hit and miss, especially for the money they bring in, not bad by any stretch but their gears seem to be the main quality control goof ups.

Since when is KWA good? Elaborate on that for me.

G&P is not hit or miss....it's knowing what you are buying....

Gear issue, really? And what was the last G&P you owned? The G&P gear issue that is getting rehashed and turned into an internet myth was based on an issue they had back in 2007-2008. There has been no gear issue for the last 4 years.

G&P Gear Set with 100K revolutions on them...

9975315655_fb7bb02fa9_h.jpg

...they look pretty good, no?

Since when is KWA good? Elaborate on that for me.

G&P is not hit or miss....it's knowing what you are buying....

Exactly. G&P regular or 2S only Budget mechboxes with the plastic 8mm bushings.

Edited by Guges Mk3

The externals on the gun will be among the best. G&P externals are top notch and hard to beat on a stock airsoft gun.

The gun is accurate out to 60 yards in stock form if you use .25g bbs or heavier. It would also help to swab the barrel out, and clean the bucking with warm soapy water to remove grease and oil. Furthermore the modifications linked in my signature will only help your gun be more consistent and hit farther.

So I need some help, how is the g&p m4 magpul edition. How are the externals on this gun? What could I do if I buy it to get the accuracy consistently to about 60 yards ?

They are pretty damn good. Owned 3 and I have to say, they are freaking sexy.

They are VERY VERY well made on the outside and you won't be disappointed.

Have a magpul for sale if you're interested. Pm me.

I'd buy brand new parts and build one myself
Maybe it's just me, but EDI I see a lot of your posts are flaming all Manufactures (no disrespect intended), and I don't see much support for a particular brand or manufacture. In some sense I guess that is a good thing as you are at least consistent in your view or in other ways bad. As in one of my best friend's view about music, "all music is trash?",,, "If all is trash, then what is good trash then?" :)

So then I have to ask, sorry if I'm putting you on the spot. What would you build tomorrow?

• What externals would you use?
  • What internals?
  • Hopup/bucking/etc?
  • Barrel?
  • And anything else I missed?

Reason I ask, is I'm actually thinking of doing just that for my first airsoft gun. As in when I got into Paintball a number of years back, I built my own Autococker, even to the point of milling my own frame! So I thinkin' of doing that again, as I have about a week or so of internet searches/research for the best M4, brand, manufacturer, etc. That only yielded my conclusion that there is no "Best in Breed" when it comes to Airsoft at least for the M4 platform. Sorry that opinion comes from an extreme Newbie, completely uneducated point of view.

Thanks,

Nick

Maybe it's just me, but EDI I see a lot of your posts are flaming all Manufactures (no disrespect intended), and I don't see much support for a particular brand or manufacture. In some sense I guess that is a good thing as you are at least consistent in your view or in other ways bad. As in one of my best friend's view about music, "all music is trash?",,, "If all is trash, then what is good trash then?" :)

So then I have to ask, sorry if I'm putting you on the spot. What would you build tomorrow?

• What externals would you use?
  • What internals?
  • Hopup/bucking/etc?
  • Barrel?
  • And anything else I missed?

Reason I ask, is I'm actually thinking of doing just that for my first airsoft gun. As in when I got into Paintball a number of years back, I built my own Autococker, even to the point of milling my own frame! So I thinkin' of doing that again, as I have about a week or so of internet searches/research for the best M4, brand, manufacturer, etc. That only yielded my conclusion that there is no "Best in Breed" when it comes to Airsoft at least for the M4 platform. Sorry that opinion comes from an extreme Newbie, completely uneducated point of view.

Thanks,

Nick

Yeah no, don't do that. If you have never worked on an AEG before building one piece by piece is going to probably dissuade you from the sport entirely or just simply piss you off by time your gun eventually gets built. I know one popular route to go is buy a G&P of your choice, then upgrade it later if/when you feel the need arises. They perform well out of the box and are TM compatible so they're easy to upgrade with great externals. Buuut just because I feel like entertaining the issue, I'll throw in my 2c on this.

[*]What externals would you use?

- If money was no concern? G&P.

- Otherwise I personally like plain receivers like the DBoys and such. They're very cheap, and I'm not huge on needing "real trademarks" on my fake gun, a plain receiver that costs half as much is nice when I'm not paying extra money to have fancy marks laser'd or cut into it. It's also nice because I don't feel as guilty about abusing it or modifying it to fit stuff. Most people will tell you though, G&P externals are pretty much the standard for high end, durable receivers/externals.

[*]What internals?

- Contrary to what I said above, I build my own gearboxes. I've never used a drop in gearbox before but if I had to, I'd source a TM one if possible, otherwise, Lonex.

- Each part I put in it is different but basically I use ACM brand stuff for the gears, piston, bushings, nozzle, tappet, trigger, etc. But for the important stuff like motor and gearbox shell, I will be getting Lonex shells, and usually something like a JG Blue for a motor.

[*]Hopup/bucking/etc?

- R-Hop with a hard bucking like madbull etc, once you properly do an R-Hop mod, nothing else feels adequate.

[*]Barrel?

- Madbull 6.03mm - 6.01mm is too tight, otherwise a good, un-abused stock TM barrel is also a good choice.

[*]And anything else I missed?

- Wire your gun with a mosfet and good wire? You can have a monster of a gun but if you run crap wire, it'll perform like such. Also use good BBs, it's shocking the number of people who use crap bb's in their nicer AEGs.

Edited by Jerichow