Sign in to follow this  
Tawababa2

G&p vs kwa?

How does the quality of a g&p compare to a kwa? I really like the look of the g&p m4 magpul edition. What would I need to do to the gun to get it to reach accurately as a sr10? Would a new hop up and barrel be enough? I'd just like to hit a 12" group at 60 yards. Is this possible? As I said before I really like the m4 look and particularly the g&p magpul. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that g&p would be easier to replace parts on it?

How does the quality of a g&p compare to a kwa? I really like the look of the g&p m4 magpul edition. What would I need to do to the gun to get it to reach accurately as a sr10? Would a new hop up and barrel be enough? I'd just like to hit a 12" group at 60 yards. Is this possible? As I said before I really like the m4 look and particularly the g&p magpul. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that g&p would be easier to replace parts on it?

G&P will take almost all aftermarket replacement/upgrade parts.

KWA is proprietary with the 2GX gearbox, so upgrade parts inside the gearbox are less common, and replacement parts are pretty much through KWA direct only.

The SR10 isnt necessarily more accurate than the G&P just because of a longer barrel. A nicely tuned 10.5" barrel setup can outrange a stock 16" barrel.

Some people have some links in their signatures to DIY mods that are cheap and easy. A new barrel and hopup packing are a good place to start. I would pick your gun, clean the barrel and just shoot it the way it stands and judge the performance with your own test results, and then move to upgrades.

But yes, a barrel and hop up packing are a good place to be.

All guns brands do things better and worse than others.

G&P typically has the best looking externals out there, in my opinion.

G&P also offers a slightly easier time with the tech side of it regarding internals for those who are learning to work on airsoft guns. You will have a few more immediate options for parts.

In terms of out of the box performance and gun durability, KWA excels over the G&P, in my opinion.

To each his own experience with said brand.

As for 12' groupings at 60 yards, both the SR10 AND KM4 can do that, but require two things to do so consistently:

1. Replacing the stock KWA 2g Bucking with one of proven quality.

2. Quality heavy ammo: .30 minimum.

Both G&P and KWA guns are great.

You can't go wrong with either choice.

Remember: both have parts that need to be replaced at some point to bring the best performance out of them.

G&P would be much easier to upgrade than a KWA. Although KWA guns are not completely proprietary, they are also not completely TM spec. Parts like the hop unit, and air nozzle for example I believe are proprietary to the KWA series guns. At least in the G36c they are, I cant say too much about they're m4's but I am sure they aren't too much different. SO if you want to upgrade a lot, G&P would probably be your best bet. If you want to leave the gun alone and just use it stock with a few minor upgrades, KWA is the way to go.

The kwa is overpriced for whatyou get. And accuracy beyound 150 feet is pretty abysmal for its price ootb. But in the long run will end up costing more if/wanting to correct the issues/make them "maxed" out.

The g&p guns will come with more external options, be very upgradable without any proprietary parts. And will perform remarkably wellin the 150-180 foot range on .28s.

Another plus on the g&ps is they come with much nicer internals out of all the higher end guns (g&g, vfc, Ares, lonex). They will put you at an advantage to all but teched up/upgraded builds.

The kwa is overpriced for whatyou get. And accuracy beyound 150 feet is pretty abysmal for its price ootb. But in the long run will end up costing more if/wanting to correct the issues/make them "maxed" out.

The g&p guns will come with more external options, be very upgradable without any proprietary parts. And will perform remarkably wellin the 150-180 foot range on .28s.

Another plus on the g&ps is they come with much nicer internals out of all the higher end guns (g&g, vfc, Ares, lonex). They will put you at an advantage to all but teched up/upgraded builds.

G&P has nicer motors, but I've never really noticed a huge difference from the other higher end guns