to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
jericho

My experience with various companies (airsplat, evike, airsoftgi)

Airsplat: These guys seem to be the "Men's Wearhouse" of airsoft, only shadier. For those unaware, Men's Wearhouse is a store that sells good clothes at fair prices but is always pretending they have an amazing sale going on when, in fact, all they did was double the "regular price" and then sell everything "half off". In addition, they are not up front about their practices. I first put in an order with them worth well over $700. They did not ship the items on time although they printed a label. So, it looked like it was ready for pickup by UPS but it in fact wasn't ready for shipping yet. I knew one of the items was on back order when I placed the order, but I expected them to ship everything else and then ship that item when they got it in stock. Instead, they held everything. They didn't call or email, they just waited. I called and had to wait on hold for over 15 minutes to talk to someone and find out that despite receiving an email saying my order had shipped and giving me a tracking number, it had not shipped at all. I cancelled the order.

I found myself unable to acquire one of the items I wanted anywhere else so I ended up ordering from them again, knowing they are shady. This time they once again printed the shipping label quickly but then took several days to actually ship the item. Apparently, their idea of "shipping" is to print the label, but they still take a few days to actually get around to preparing the shipment, putting that label on it, and having it picked up. I would order from them again but only if it's a similar situation (an item no one else has in stock). They are a shady and untrustworthy company, but in the end they lose as much as we do. What started out as a $700+ order from them turned into a $250 order and a mental note never to buy from them if I can avoid it (plus this post encouraging others to do the same). Their shady practices cost them $450+ from my sale, and who knows how much from others.

Evike: I hate their coupon system, and their website is so poorly written that it wouldn't let me order until I cleared my browser cache and cookies in order to get it out of its glitched condition. This makes me wonder how safe my credit card information is with them. Nevertheless, they do ship quickly. However, I wrote their tech support email over a month ago and am still waiting for a response. I gave them extra time thinking they were just too busy with Christmas. But we're in January now and still no response. I've since figured out the issue, but I'm still curious to see if they ever respond (I'm not holding my breath). I would order from them again, but I wouldn't count on their tech support.

Airsoftgi: No real problems from them thus far. because I ordered something with second day shipping I had to jump an extra hoop and call them on the phone to verify, but they warned me up front that it would be necessary, so that's fine.

Bottom Line: I'm not loyal to any store yet. They all kind of suck, except airsoftgi so far, but nothing about them stands out either. Seems there's space out there for a airsoft store that competes based on superior customer service and honest business practices. What I want most is a store I can be loyal to. Someone needs to start that, they'll have my business for life. I don't want to shop around, I don't want to have to guess at who is up front and who is shady. I just want a place I can trust to shop at. I want a place I can log onto and not even bother shopping around, cus it's the store I'm loyal to and I don't need to look anywhere else. I might be dreaming now, but I want a store that posts a video review of a gun that doesn't just say how awsome it is, but gives you the drawbacks as well. Someone go start that store and let me know, I'll be first in line.

Bottom Line: I'm not loyal to any store yet. They all kind of suck, except airsoftgi so far, but nothing about them stands out either. Seems there's space out there for a airsoft store that competes based on superior customer service and honest business practices. What I want most is a store I can be loyal to. Someone needs to start that, they'll have my business for life. I don't want to shop around, I don't want to have to guess at who is up front and who is shady. I just want a place I can trust to shop at. I want a place I can log onto and not even bother shopping around, cus it's the store I'm loyal to and I don't need to look anywhere else. I might be dreaming now, but I want a store that posts a video review of a gun that doesn't just say how awsome it is, but gives you the drawbacks as well. Someone go start that store and let me know, I'll be first in line.

There are stores like that out there, you just have to search for them.

The downside is, you will never find a one stop shop for everything you need. It's just too much work and too expensive for one store to carry literally everything airsoft related. You will have to find a few stores that you can be loyal to that carry what you want. For me, my first stop shop for internals is ClandestineAirsoft and HivemindAirsoft. Both have excellent CS and ship quickly. As they become more popular, their inventory grows. If I need something in a pinch and I know they have it, they are my place to go. For gear, I like to shop at AirsoftSmith. They are located in Ohio, and since I am in Illinois, they get my stuff to me in a day or two. Their CS is also fantastic and I have never had to wait more than 24 hours for a response. For all things that aren't stocked in the U.S., my go to places are EhobbyAsia and WGC Shop. Although it is more expensive to ship from there, they carry more items than U.S stores do, so if I can't find something I like, I go to them. Finally for all things obscure, or otherwise challenging to get, I talk with Guges Mk3 on this forum. He has contacts that allow him to get some obscure things that you would not be able to purchase from a store, such as magazine springs.

As much as I would love to be loyal to 1 store, I can't because they wont have everything, but I can shop around and find a small group of stores that I can be loyal to.

So, are you saying that you assumed that they would partial ship the order, and when they didn't it was their fault for delaying the order, when it says in their policies that orders with items that are out of stock or backordered might be delayed? And, despite them delivering an apparently hard to find item (I presume you got the item), they are untrustworthy. Maybe they've changed their shipping system, but I've never had any of my orders from Airsplat give me a notification of shipment or a tracking number until the order actually shipped, which has usually been a couple days after making the order. I'm apparently one of the only people that hasn't had seemingly "terrible" experiences with Airsplat, but it just seems that they didn't meet your expectations, and therefore, they are out to swindle you. Or, maybe, I just can't complain about them when they have 35% off or 50% off coupons that can be applied to items that other stores exclude from coupons that have fairly standardized pricing... Sure, I won't buy everything from them, but when I can get something from them for 25% less than any other reputable store, sure, I'll pull the trigger.

As airborne says, there are basically no airsoft stores that keep everything that you need in stock all the time. I've had good dealings with ASGI, Evike, Airsplat, Airsoft Atlanta, AEX, Airsoft Unlimited, Clandestine Airsoft, eHobby Asia, Redwolf, WGC, UNCompany, among others. I have no particular loyalties, and I generally look for who has the best price on the particular items I'm looking for.

And, despite them delivering an apparently hard to find item (I presume you got the item),

Yes, I got the item. But not from them. Did you read my post? I canceled that order.

Maybe they've changed their shipping system, but I've never had any of my orders from Airsplat give me a notification of shipment or a tracking number until the order actually shipped, which has usually been a couple days after making the order.

Unless all of your orders are within the last month and they changed it within that time period, then you are incorrect.

They send you an email telling you the item is shipped as soon as they print a shipping label, which is when they have processed the order, but before they have packed it. If it turns out they are going to hold onto it for whatever reason, you are not informed. This is not opinion, it is fact. You are welcomed to your own opinion about the propriety of doing this, but you are not welcomed to your own facts. The facts are the facts. The fact is they inform you your item has shipped and give you a tracking number as soon as they print a shipping label. This is not a matter that is up for debate, it's the fact of how they operate.

I just can't complain about them when they have 35% off or 50% off coupons that can be applied to items that other stores exclude from coupons that have fairly standardized pricing

I also addressed their fake discounts in my post. Did you read it?

Later edit: I see where your confusion might come in, in regards to a "hard to find item" now that I've read back through it. Yes, they did ship me a hard to find item. But it was not the item that was backordered and caused the initial delays and the deceptive "your order has shipped" email with a tracking number for a shipment UPS never picked up because it was never actually ready. Which is why I said, if I can't find it anywhere else, I'll settle for airsplat, but otherwise I'm going elsewhere.

Edited by jericho

So far, airsoftatlanta has been superb at every single order I've dealt with. Real-time inventory and with very little haggle. The shipping turnaround is extremely fast and they ship priority for small packages to arrive quickly. They are my go-to store if I need something in a hurry. The disadvantage is that their inventory isnt as extensive as their west coast counterparts (evike, airsoft gi). Prices on some items can be a bit high. I've had about 50+ transactions with them

Airsoftgi (about 5+ transactions): decent shipping, not much problems here. Good selection and coupon deals

Airsplat: got one of their items during the Christmas sale. They were a bit slow shipping out (maybe due to volume during holidays) but it all turned out ok. I just wish they notified me if something was out of stock because I had to call them directly to check on the status of my order (after a full week has passed from payment date and no update from them). Their CS were very helpful and friendly, however.

Unless all of your orders are within the last month and they changed it within that time period, then you are incorrect.

What I'm saying is that my orders (which have been sprinkled over the last 6 years) have apparently had the shipping label printed at a later stage... after the order had been packed. Unless you're debating that fact. Doesn't PayPal do something "shady" like this as well, in sending an automated email saying that an item has been "shipped" once you create the shipping label?

I also addressed their fake discounts in my post. Did you read it?

Please show me where I can buy a new Magpul PDR for under $250. That is how much I paid for the one I bought from them the other month with one of these "fake discounts". Perhaps you consider Amazon to also have shady business practices as well with the way they suggest you're saving large percentages off the list prices, when you're really only saving a few percent off the street price, particularly with memory cards. Unless that's different, just because.

What I'm saying is that my orders (which have been sprinkled over the last 6 years) have apparently had the shipping label printed at a later stage... after the order had been packed. Unless you're debating that fact.

I am referencing their current practices. Not how they have conducted business in the past. Their current practice is to tell you something shipped as soon as they print the label (and long before they have even packed the order).

Doesn't PayPal do something "shady" like this as well, in sending an automated email saying that an item has been "shipped" once you create the shipping label?

I don't know. I don't use PayPal and am not writing a review about them.

Please show me where I can buy a new Magpul PDR for under $250. That is how much I paid for the one I bought from them the other month with one of these "fake discounts".

That they use this business practice doesn't mean they don't also wind up with lower prices sometimes. What it means is that it's more difficult to figure out when you are getting a true lower price and when you're paying the same you would anywhere else (or perhaps more).

Perhaps you consider Amazon to also have shady business practices as well with the way they suggest you're saving large percentages off the list prices, when you're really only saving a few percent off the street price, particularly with memory cards. Unless that's different, just because.

I'm not reviewing Amazon here.

Everybody experiences different things with certain companies, one cannot disput another's experience cause it was not theirs. I've had bad experiences with Evike quality control and generally stay away from airsplat. I stick with Gi and if they don't have it I go to Asia. Scopeandlaser is a Hk based company and their owner, Patrick, has the best customer service hands down. He writes personally if things go awry and is just awesome. Then again he ddoesn't offer fancy coupons so pick your poison.

Edited by jonsun81

Big retailer will never really get glowing reviews from every single person out there.

People hate Evike, but I always order from them for the parts that I need (specifically gas pistols) since they have a large inventory of stock replacement parts, since I fix guns for friends at high school that require the parts. Never had any issues with them. Only gotten a broken part a couple times, and they are always fast with fixing the problem. It's always small parts that don't require returning to them, so its fast.

As someone said, Guges Mk3 always has the recoil springs and stuff that's out of stock everywhere else US based. Always seems to have those parts you need.

My local store in NJ also sucks, so there foes that option.

Big retailer will never really get glowing reviews from every single person out there.

People hate Evike, but I always order from them for the parts that I need (specifically gas pistols) since they have a large inventory of stock replacement parts, since I fix guns for friends at high school that require the parts. Never had any issues with them. Only gotten a broken part a couple times, and they are always fast with fixing the problem. It's always small parts that don't require returning to them, so its fast.

^This.

I've personally never had any issues with Airsplat, and I've placed several orders just in the past 2 months.

Airsoft Megastore has been helpful, Customer service is fast and friendly, and they usually ship within a day. The only time my team has had a negative eperience was when my support gunner, Ghost, ordered a G3 and ended up waiting 9 days to get his order when he ordered with five day shipping. (To be fair, he didn't pay for insurance so that might've contributed to the cause.

Airsplat was really ehhh. It was an walk-in store, I wanted to purchase a gun for my brother as a late birthday present. The gun he wanted wasn't in stock, so I placed an order for the gun. 2 weeks pass and haven't gotten my gun I ordered I called their costumer service to fine out whats the status, turns out it was in back order, so I needed to wait longer. Well 3 months pass and still I haven't gotten my gun I drove to their walk-in store to a get a full refund. I didn't raised my voice or acted like an :censored2:, it was just a quick in and out that's it. I was talking to one of the sales manager (they're the ones that have to authorize the refund) about the situation I had. Basically he told me the gun I ordered was discontinued and they gotten a notification by their suppliers. I admit I was a little ticked off about this news and they haven't notified me by phone. I said "Why didn't you guys called me to say the gun was discontinued?" the manager replied saying, "We just recently gotten a notification by our supplier 3 weeks ago and we didn't know you had this gun on order." I went from 2-7 on the piss off meter, but didn't want to cause I scene, so just got my refund and left. That the last time I'm ever gonna shop with them, but don't let my bad experience discourage you from shopping at their site/store. Like MP5user wrote, "Big retailer will never really get glowing reviews from every single person out there."

Airsplat seems pretty shady, but I haven't had a problem with them yet. Same with Airsoft Megastore, although my friend ordered a JG G36c from them and it came broken. He shipped it back and they sent him ANOTHER broken one. He ended up asking for a refund and got a G&G from Evike.

Evike is good with products, but I don't like their customer service and product support or whatever. They like to give you wrongful information and they make some dough off it too.

While visiting family in Tennessee I went to a store called Parafrog Airsoft, their site has problems but they have really good employees and good parts stocked. They helped my brother out a ton and my father had a bunch of random questions as well, and they put up with it.

I think the best store I've ordered form online though has been AirsoftAtlanta. They're closer to me than the CA stores so they get here faster and they have good customer service. I called about a mag order mixup and they fixed it pretty quickly.

There are stores like that out there, you just have to search for them.

The downside is, you will never find a one stop shop for everything you need. It's just too much work and too expensive for one store to carry literally everything airsoft related. You will have to find a few stores that you can be loyal to that carry what you want. For me, my first stop shop for internals is ClandestineAirsoft and HivemindAirsoft. Both have excellent CS and ship quickly. As they become more popular, their inventory grows. If I need something in a pinch and I know they have it, they are my place to go. For gear, I like to shop at AirsoftSmith. They are located in Ohio, and since I am in Illinois, they get my stuff to me in a day or two. Their CS is also fantastic and I have never had to wait more than 24 hours for a response. For all things that aren't stocked in the U.S., my go to places are EhobbyAsia and WGC Shop. Although it is more expensive to ship from there, they carry more items than U.S stores do, so if I can't find something I like, I go to them. Finally for all things obscure, or otherwise challenging to get, I talk with Guges Mk3 on this forum. He has contacts that allow him to get some obscure things that you would not be able to purchase from a store, such as magazine springs.

As much as I would love to be loyal to 1 store, I can't because they wont have everything, but I can shop around and find a small group of stores that I can be loyal to.

Thanks for the list. Unfortunately, none of those have what I am looking for at the moment but I've bookmarked them all for future purchases.