Sign in to follow this  
Tawababa2

Help with a g&g raider

I just purchased a new g&g raider can. The gun shoots 350 per second with .20 bbs. I am getting a 6.01 barrel and I'd like to shoot closer to 400 fps. Does anyone know which spring comes with this gun and is it possible to do a sprin swap and add 50 fps?

If you plan on airsofting in CQB, you may actually want to "downgrade" your gun, by putting an M90 spring into the GB. However, if you planing on distance shooting, the strongest spring I would put into a G&G would be a M120; the rifle will fire about 400 FPS.

By putting a TB barrel into the rifle, and possible a new hopup unit, the rifle's FPS should actually increase, due to the increased air flow behind the BB as opposed to around it.

Yes...you will...more spring power more inherent stress on all components. But, it will not blow apart your AEG. Just reduce the life of it by about 20%.

Lying flat on the ground...you my get 8' more in range. Standing up with the AEG 5' off the ground may give you an additional 10'

Since this is your only gun...leave it stock and play, have fun...worry less about trying to squeeze another 50 fps out of an AEG that will not give you that much more range due to stock hop-up and packing.

If you want an immediate range increase. Switch to a softer hop-up packing and shoot .25g bbs.