Sign in to follow this  
bri bri the best

I want a good support m4/m16

I want a good support weapon and was planning on getting a LMG, but since I am a kid I can't carry around a 18-20 pound gun for a whole day. I decided that I am gunna get a m16/m4 and put on a drum mag and modify it in a few ways. I want to get its fire rate up as high as possible without having to get a li po for it. I already own a smart charger and a variety of 9.6 and 8.4 Volt batteries and getting li pos and a li po smart charger will cost alot. I want a gun with a high fire rate, strong gear box, and a decent range. I don't know what base gun I am gunna get but I was thinking about a KWA or G and P, I have heard great things about G and P and I know for a fact that KWA's are good. Any suggestions on what type of gun to get or how I can upgrade my gun would be very helpful, thanks.

(my budget is 450 dollars at most)

Echo1 also makes the casket mags (The fat hicaps) that would give you a little more ammo capacity if you wanted it. Real light machine guns have an FPS of about 10-13, in case you were interested.

Also, G&Ps are wired to deans, so don't forget to either wire your battery to deans, or but an adapter.

What kid can't carry around an M60? Jeez I'm glad I'm being raised by the way of the maul.....

But if you get a G&P M4, you would need to get deans batteries like said, and throw on a mag from... I think they're by AIM, I have one for my G36 and it's nice, I had a problem of the batteries falling out but nothing a little electrical tape couldn't fix...

Yep, AIM http://www.evike.com/products/27678/

Also remember a drum mag filled will way a good bit, you are adding some extra weight to your gun. I opt you get robotic arms and carry two.

Speaking of drum/box magazines, I would suggest staying away from auto-feeders. We had an incident in the past, that I was filming in which a player was using a very large magazine such as the ones previously stated. Unfortunately, some auto feeding magazines constantly make noise when they are running. The player with the box magazine gave the position away as well as the position of a few teammates, simply because his magazine had just ran out of BBs but was still attempting to feed ammunition into the gun. Have you ever heard the sound a Hi-Cap mag makes when it runs out of ammo? VEEERRRRT! The sound isn't exactly loud, but it was enough to alert the enemy to their position.

Box or drum magazines also tend to weigh the gun down significantly. I had a friend with the same objective as you regarding a support position. He used a Dboys M4 CQB with a box magazine. He simply couldn't use the magazine because his gun was simply too heavy. You can still function as support, but a box or drum magazine can make your loadout that much heavier. This would also be the opposite of what you are going for, is it not?

^ Get one with a pressure switch, and just load it when firing and/or while dead/in a deadbox.

And Colonel, I think they meant Honey Boo Boo heavy, not just kinda heavy. A support gun/LMG ways a LOT more than an M4 with box mag.

you really don't need the 3k+ ammo capacity of drums unless you're just plain crazy. If you haven't broken 10k bbs in a day of playing just get quality hicaps that load in ~400 on a wind. Then you won't have to hear it from butthurt support gunners like me who think hauling around a giant gun is a rite of passage.

Edited by Bomb has been planted

I would say kwa sr-10. the stock internals should perform fine for a support role without tweaking or modding. just add deans

there are the a&k manual winding drum mags out there. I would think theyd be more reliable. you would do fine with just using regular hi-caps though. they make those longer hi-cap stanags too. khmountain is a good place to get mags. they have a wide selection at nice prices

did you ever think about the cyma rpk74 for an lmg? if you want an lmg itd be better to get an actual lmg instead of being one of them kids that stick a drum on an m4 and call it a saw.

also with the cyma, if you didnt want such a long barrel and you knew someone else who had a cyma/d-boys vfc clone or you have one yourself you could probly swap front kits so that youd have a standard ak length rpk

Edited by Zemanova