Sign in to follow this  
No Two

Gas Pistol With Reservoir Built-In?

Hiya guys, I'm looking for a nice secondary to go with my AK, and I was thinking that a GBB or GNBB pistol would be fine. However, I'm interested in a special type of pistol, one with the gas reservoir built inside the pistol grip of the actual gun. Meaning that instead of gassing up the magazines I would gas up the pistol itself. Kinda like this:

It could be Green Gas/Propane or CO2, it really doesn't matter to me. My budget is 100 USD tops and I'm planning to use this in a CQB environment. It'd be nice to see a more unique model of pistol, such as a Makarov or something, but considering how I can barely find any guns that fit this spec I'm assuming that they will mostly be 1911's. Any suggestions on which kind of guns that have this feature would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by No Two

A lot of older guns work this way and even new guns based on old designs. I don't know as to why you'd want something so unrealistic and outdated, but here are a few that are still available today all being NBB:

Gletcher APS (CO2)

TM Wilson Super Grade

TM Centimeter Master

TM AMT Hardballer

TM Steyr GB

HFC Colt 1908

A lot of older guns work this way and even new guns based on old designs. I don't know as to why you'd want something so unrealistic and outdated, but here are a few that are still available today all being NBB:

Gletcher APS (CO2)

TM Wilson Super Grade

TM Centimeter Master

TM AMT Hardballer

TM Steyr GB

HFC Colt 1908

Thanks for the suggestions. You said that there are new guns based on these old designs, like what, like what newer airsoft pistols are not gassed from the mags? Reason being that a good amount of the guns you recommended, such as the Gletcher APS and the HFC Colt 1908, aren't really field ready (shoots 4.5 mm steel BBs and has extremely low FPS respectively). Also, any GBBs? Thanks for the help.

I've never in my life seen a reservoir GBB... I don't even think they exist... Why do you want something that comes from a reservoir again? I would think it'd be easier just to run a few filled mags...

I've never in my life seen a reservoir GBB... I don't even think they exist... Why do you want something that comes from a reservoir again? I would think it'd be easier just to run a few filled mags...

No reservoir GBBs? That's a shame. I want to use a reservoir because I don't mind having a larger pistol grip, and maintaining a single reservoir would be much easier than maintaining a bunch of gas mags. Not that big of a problem, but eh, why not. Also, the mags used for reservoir guns are way skinnier than other ones, making storing them much easier. Furthermore, the magazines are way cheaper.

They MIGHT exist, but if they do I never have heard of them... And wouldn't it be harder to store small mags? You'd have to hold them in a flashlight pouch or something.

No reservoir GBBs? That's a shame. I want to use a reservoir because I don't mind having a larger pistol grip, and maintaining a single reservoir would be much easier than maintaining a bunch of gas mags. Not that big of a problem, but eh, why not. Also, the mags used for reservoir guns are way skinnier than other ones, making storing them much easier. Furthermore, the magazines are way cheaper.

just get a normal gbb. you're going to have to have extra mags anyways. The only guns like that I can think of ar NBB and are co2 and tend to shoot pretty hot.

They MIGHT exist, but if they do I never have heard of them... And wouldn't it be harder to store small mags? You'd have to hold them in a flashlight pouch or something.

I was under the impression that smaller mags are easier to carry around and store. Grenade pouches could probably hold a few of them, or even just sticking them under MOLLE webbing could work.

just get a normal gbb. you're going to have to have extra mags anyways. The only guns like that I can think of ar NBB and are co2 and tend to shoot pretty hot.

Thanks for the suggestion. I still want to try and find one of these types of guns, however. And you say that I will still need extra mags, which, as I said before, are more expensive and large. Could you list the guns that you said, even if they do shoot over the normal limit and are NBB CO2? I want to take a look.

What you seek...does not exist and is really not practical.

You really want to manage these brittle things?

tm-em-04_3_mark.jpg

Could you tell me why it's not practical so I can understand why it doesn't exist? Is it just because of the strange shape of the mags? I don't see too big of a problem handling these types of mags. I suppose they are more fragile, but due to you being able to carry more of them, it wouldn't matter if one broke every once in a while, correct?

The Gletcher APS is an example of new production based on old designs. It uses air pistol mechanisms for 4.5mm bbs but there are also 6mn airsoft ones. They're nbb but I was told its possible to convert to have blow back owing to its original design having that feature.

I checked it out, the one imported by ATACKA, and it looks extremely nice. Too bad the price is out of my range.

It's not practical for the very reason that projectile and propellant are stored separately. Sure, you might be able to carry more bbs, but the gas capacity is the same. Unless you're aware of how much gas you have left at any given time you run the risk of pulling out your gun with a fresh load of bbs but otherwise out of gas. And that's not to say these older/simpler systems are leak free. If your seals blow you have a whole gun down whereas on a gas mag you just swap to a fresh mag.

It's not practical for the very reason that projectile and propellant are stored separately. Sure, you might be able to carry more bbs, but the gas capacity is the same. Unless you're aware of how much gas you have left at any given time you run the risk of pulling out your gun with a fresh load of bbs but otherwise out of gas. And that's not to say these older/simpler systems are leak free. If your seals blow you have a whole gun down whereas on a gas mag you just swap to a fresh mag.

Hm, good points. Replacing an entire gun would probably be aggravating.

I have yet to see a gun shooting at normal field limits that runs off CO2(unless its some HPA rig or something else DIY). I had an M9 a while back that shot around 420fps and had no hop up. If you get extra mags for guns like this, the CO2 cartridge stays in the grip of the pistol usually and the mag's are a tiny stick that are easy to loose and the feeding mouth gets bent in pretty easy causing feeding problems.

A buddy of mine had a GBB CO2 that was either a glock or S&W that he got at dicks, but that was WAAAAYYYY back, probably like 6 or 7 years ago, and it broke pretty quick because of how hot CO2 runs and how hard it blows back.

Just do yourself a favor and get a GBB. They are a lot more fun and you can use them way more places

Edited by sergantsnipes

Have you considered an AEP?

No, not really. Aren't AEPs considered to be sort of cruddy?

I have yet to see a gun shooting at normal field limits that runs off CO2(unless its some HPA rig or something else DIY). I had an M9 a while back that shot around 420fps and had no hop up. If you get extra mags for guns like this, the CO2 cartridge stays in the grip of the pistol usually and the mag's are a tiny stick that are easy to loose and the feeding mouth gets bent in pretty easy causing feeding problems.

A buddy of mine had a GBB CO2 that was either a glock or S&W that he got at dicks, but that was WAAAAYYYY back, probably like 6 or 7 years ago, and it broke pretty quick because of how hot CO2 runs and how hard it blows back.

Just do yourself a favor and get a GBB. They are a lot more fun and you can use them way more places

With the replies that I'm getting, I think that's the best road. I still think that the stick mags can be convenient, but it looks like the pistols themselves have too many issues because they aren't really made now.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I think that's all for this board.