sharxbyte

SB199: PASSED! Here's what CA Airsofters Need to do!

I'm still kinda clueless on the whole thing, but from what I could tell the assembly amendment would allow airsoft with some caveats while the version passed by the senate would not.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140SB199

It changes too quickly honestly every time I look at it from a few weeks, it's changed. But hopefully at least the businesses fighting it now.

Another thing is if they are going to attach red decals to the guns in the future, I forsee some safety issues because this interferes with dead rags. Currently as a player, when you see red (esp. if it's moving around), that means dead rag / don't shoot / player hit. B'cos no one on the field wears red except maybe a ref. Now if they are going to attach red decals or such to the guns sold in california, when you as a player see red, what are you going to do? Keep shooting? Stop shooting? It just adds confusion and room for error.

Once again another example of how the government is trying to take away our rights. Honestly I'm not supprised that it happened in California (being how liberal most people are there) but it is quite unfortunate. Thankfully I still have Airsoft Atlanta practically in my backyard but I bet some states will follow. Guys we should probably make a petition on this. Also I think they're forgetting that it's possible to paint REAL guns bright colors. Also just because it may become illegal to do that doesn't mean I criminal is going to listen, they're just taking away a fun sport and many jobs. This is quite similar to the gun control debate actually, they're punishing smart people for the actions of the stupid/ punishing law abiding citizens for the actions of the criminals. The only problem we face is the fact that we can't fix stupid. Also that "moms demand action" campaign (I don't know what to call it) is gonna be all over this in the future.

The guns thing is already happening. ie.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/san-leandro-police-confiscate-guns-altered-look-fa/nhG6F/?__federated=1&utm_content=buffer4b544&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Also the bill is not law if the governor vetoes it, which I think he has until the 15th to do.

What does this mean for the rest of the nation? Any number of things can happen, but with California being such a large market, and some of the major retailers being housed in California, it is likely that we'll start to see safety colors on guns sold outside of California now, at least to some extent. Or the major retailers will just leave California.

I don't know what the legalities would be for shops outside of California selling to California residents, or things like that. It could end up making things pretty complicated. One line of opposition that was being pushed with the law, and may be pushed in the courts is that it presents an undue interference with interstate commerce that constitutionally should have been decided at the federal, not state, level.

B.A.M.F. I already tried, see around post #71 (this thread). I don't think people outside of CA will care until it (quite possibly) starts to affect them, and by then it will be too late to do anything about it.

Anyone who plays airsoft long enough comes to realize the importance of thinking, acting, coordinating as a team, even if some of your team is halfway across the field.

If it was full-on safety colors, evike, airsoft gi, and the other retailers would probably just relocate (all) their stores and not sell to California, or try to sell to California in a way that could/would bypass the controls of the state. Airsoft would take a hit, but outside of CA, it would survive.

But now what you are looking at is basically 'safety decals', or paint, that is going to be applied on the gun in a 2-inch wide strips, as well as red trigger frames. This is more benign than the full-on safety colors, which is good for CA residents. But it also makes it easier for everyone to adopt, and that is the danger.

That (perhaps) the manufacturers and/or distributors sellling to US retailers will be encouraged to add these features to (all) their guns so that they can be sold by California retailers, or to California residents from out-of-state retailers, without the risk of raising the ire of the state authorities. Think of it form the point of view of a manufacturer or a distibutor. For US sales, will they make a CA model and a non-CA model? Or will they simply make a CA model that they can sell in the whole US? I can't tell what choices they'll make, but with all the manufacturers out there, we'll most likely see a mixture -- 1) leave the replicas alone, don't sell to CA at all, 2) sell a modified replica to CA, and unmodified one to the rest of the US, 3) Sell only a modified model in the US. For a business, each of those three options has pros and cons.

I can't tell what is going to happen in 2016, nor can I tell the rest of the nation how to act. But that my rationale and how I see it.

Edited by Shutaro

This bill would require all Airsoft firearms to be mostly colored in fluorescent colors. Consider the impact on MILSIM as we know it. Nice load out with a fluorescent orange M4 or AK or ? 5 of the largest airsoft retailers are in CA. For those of you outside of CA, I realize you probably could care less what happens here. Understand if it happens here, it could happen to your state. We are all in this together.

If you are a CA resident please contact Governor Brown immediately and ask him to VETO this legislation. Be POLITE! Let him know the impact on our community (MILSIM) and that this is bad legislation that will have zero impact on increasing public safety and a detrimental fiscal effect on a thriving industry in CA. Link below will get you to a form to fill out.

Under "Choose your subject" you can select SB199.

https://govnews.ca.g...39mail/mail.php

This bill would require all Airsoft firearms to be mostly colored in fluorescent colors. Consider the impact on MILSIM as we know it. Nice load out with a fluorescent orange M4 or AK or ? 5 of the largest airsoft retailers are in CA. For those of you outside of CA, I realize you probably could care less what happens here. Understand if it happens here, it could happen to your state. We are all in this together.

If you are a CA resident please contact Governor Brown immediately and ask him to VETO this legislation. Be POLITE! Let him know the impact on our community (MILSIM) and that this is bad legislation that will have zero impact on increasing public safety and a detrimental fiscal effect on a thriving industry in CA. Link below will get you to a form to fill out.

Under "Choose your subject" you can select SB199.

https://govnews.ca.g...39mail/mail.php

For those of you under 21. Things having a CA model is nothing new for guns in the real Firearm world. There are many models and options that are sold in the other 48. (Hawaii is as restrictive if not more than California) that are not sold in CA/HI.

I'm not too partial to the idea of CA-legal models for both real steel and airsoft. Having restrictions for one doesn't justify having restrictions for both.

"There are airsoft guns that I like, and there are airsoft guns I can get in Cali," is something I never want to hear...

I'm feeling that a CA-legal line will lead to some people leaving the state after they finally see just how far gone California is (and has been). Not a mass exodus, but if enough restrictions and such go on like this, it's a matter of time before the only people voting for such politicians and policies will pretty much be the only people living there. There's a reason businesses are opening up in numerous areas in the Southeast here in the US: the friendlier politicial and economical climates. I hate to throw you Westcoast airsofters under the bus, but that's what it'll lead to in the end, whether or not this bill (or a similar one) passes. I have honestly zero hope for stopping any of this from happening, because unless you get SCOTUS to intervene with a ruling (highly unlikely) then nothing will stop Cali from going further off the port-side in its restrictions and regulations with guns and airsoft. I think the reality is that the ship's sinking and you Westcoast airsofters should be more concerned about abandoning the wreck rather than trying to scoop buckets of water from the torn hull.

This shows how worthless this legislation is. This is a Ruger 1022 in a Nerf Gun shell. Bright colors mean nothing. No LEO should assume any firearm regardless of appearance is a toy.

22LRNerfGun.jpg

Edited by aws1963

Guest alberty

This shows how worthless this legislation is. This is a Ruger 1022 in a Nerf Gun shell. Bright colors mean nothing. No LEO should assume any firearm regardless of appearance is a toy.

I agree, but the lawmakers, and supporters of this kind of bill, seem to believe this will fix everything.

I agree, but the lawmakers, and supporters of this kind of bill, seem to believe this will fix everything.

The worst part is that when it fails and bites them in the rear, the knee-jerk response will be to restrict things more, or just outright ban airsoft. The only reason states like California, New York, Hawaii, etc. haven't banned civilian ownership of firearms is because SCOTUS affirmed that firearms are a constitutional right of individuals at the state and federal levels.

...and owning airsoft guns is and never has been a constitutional right. By all means, call your representatives and state senators, but just keep in mind where you live, Californians.

The worst part is that when it fails and bites them in the rear, the knee-jerk response will be to restrict things more, or just outright ban airsoft. The only reason states like California, New York, Hawaii, etc. haven't banned civilian ownership of firearms is because SCOTUS affirmed that firearms are a constitutional right of individuals at the state and federal levels.

...and owning airsoft guns is and never has been a constitutional right. By all means, call your representatives and state senators, but just keep in mind where you live, Californians.

Actually it's all up to the governor now, but definitely appreciate your call to action.

Been calling/emailing every day between my college classes.

Well, SB199 was signed into law. Get ready for blaze orange, pink, green and yellow airsoft M4's, AK's and any other milsim weapon. Sometimes I hate this fricken' state. I need to leave.

We look forward to all future airsoft-related jobs and businesses due to pop up in the coming years.

Sincerely,

-The South

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Governor "Moonbeam" serving his last term as California's governor (second non-consecutive term)? Always beware of politicians who have no more terms to be elected to, they're the kamikaze pilots/YOLO-idiots of politics if reelection isn't something they have to worry about.

::EDIT::

Governor Brown also signed into measure some realsteel restrictions too that day. Not really surprised either way.

Edited by Dmitri

I'm wondering now how all of this is going to affect overall prices and sales in other states? Are manufacturers going to have two separate versions of each of their guns for sale? California compliant ones and normal ones for the rest of us? If they need to start making guns in neon colors, aren't their production costs going to increase resulting in higher prices for end users?

Or are they going to go "Full Potato" and simply decide that all guns manufactured for import into the US be bright green, orange, blue, etc.?

We've all seen the "UK approved" airsoft guns in blue or orange. Not cool, not cool at all.

I'm wondering now how all of this is going to affect overall prices and sales in other states? Are manufacturers going to have two separate versions of each of their guns for sale? California compliant ones and normal ones for the rest of us? If they need to start making guns in neon colors, aren't their production costs going to increase resulting in higher prices for end users?

Or are they going to go "Full Potato" and simply decide that all guns manufactured for import into the US be bright green, orange, blue, etc.?

We've all seen the "UK approved" airsoft guns in blue or orange. Not cool, not cool at all.

My guess is that if they're already making UK-approved guns then there will just be an increase in production for such variations for the Californians. If they aren't they'll just use a different coat of paint or a different coloration of the plastics used. Production costs of making more UK/Californian guns would be offset by the new demand, but companies that don't specialize in those guns yet might be able to offset costs if there's a high enough demand for the new colors on their guns. Worst case scenario (highly unlikely though) is that the companies throw the Californians and Brits under the bus and just ship their stuff to the less restricted places so there's no change in production costs. But again, highly unlikely as it would mean 1) losing a huge customer base, and 2) allowing a new company or rival company to fill the void, FURTHER losing money.

Edited by Dmitri

Being in sales and marketing, my suspicion is that they will try CA compliant products....for now. But unlike real steel weapons which still look like weapons, fluorescent striped airsoft products over the long term will not sell. Sure they might for 8-12 year olds, but in the end it will kill the industry. After all, what demographic buys airsoft products? At 51, I won't continue my milsim fun and games with something that looks something like a Super Soaker. I suspect that I am not alone.

What I really believe is going on is a concerted effort to shrink the market for "toy" guns. If you can reduce the toys I.E. take them out of the hands of youth substituting other activities, the appeal goes away and it's easier for gun control policies to be enacted on a complacent younger generation. People tend to care less about something they know nothing about or have no interest in!

In the meantime, get ready for some serious price gouging on pre SB199 guns before the law is enacted.

Edited by aws1963
  • Upvote 1

Now that it's signed by the governor we are in the unfortunate situation of seeing how this is going to affect airsoft both in California and outside. IMO we will see a mixture of different companies trying different things. Whether the extremes of not selling in California at all to modifying their whole gun line sold in all states, or somewhere between the two.

I feel for everyone else who only knows airsoft, my group can always fall back to paintball if airsoft dies locally but a lot of groups might have no choice but to either disband or turn to outlaw play if the parks go away.

BTW I don't think we'll see grown men running around with solid pink hello kitty guns; if I recall the bill has been watered down considerably by amendment so it now requires:

Source: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140SB199

Source: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=20001-21000&file=20150-20180

Source: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=16001-17000&file=16100-17360

Warning: Incoming wall of text...

Existing law generally prohibits anyone from purchasing, selling, manufacturing, shipping, transporting, distributing, or receiving an imitation firearm. A person is liable for a civil fine of not more than $10,000 for a violation of this prohibition. Existing law excludes all BB devices from the definition of imitation firearm for these purposes.

This bill would, commencing January 1, 2016, make BB devices that expel a projectile, such as a BB or a pellet, that is 6 millimeters or 8 millimeters in caliber subject to that prohibition unless the devices meet specified coloration requirements, and would exclude spot marker guns that expel a projectile larger than 10 millimeters in caliber from the prohibition.

So what are these specified coloration requirements?

(4) A BB device that is an airsoft gun that expels a projectile, such as a BB or pellet, that is 6mm or 8mm caliber which meets the following:
(A) If the airsoft gun is configured as a handgun, in addition to the blaze orange ring on the barrel required by federal law, the airsoft gun has a trigger guard that has fluorescent coloration over the entire guard, and there is a two centimeter wide adhesive band around the circumference of the protruding pistol grip that has fluorescent coloration.
(B) If the airsoft gun is configured as a rifle or long gun, in addition to the blaze orange ring on the barrel required by federal law, the airsoft gun has a trigger guard that has fluorescent coloration over the entire guard, and there is a two centimeter wide adhesive band with fluorescent coloring around the circumference of any two of the following:
(I) The protruding pistol grip.
(ii) The buttstock.
(iii) A protruding ammunition magazine or clip.
(5) A device where the entire exterior surface of the device is white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright blue, bright pink, or bright purple, either singly or as the predominant color in combination with other colors in any pattern, or where the entire device is constructed of transparent or translucent materials which permits unmistakable observation of the device’s complete contents.
© The adhesive bands described in paragraph (4) of subdivision (b) shall be applied in a manner not intended for removal, and shall be in place on the airsoft gun prior to sale to a customer.

Now my real question for you all is does 20150 apply to anyone who removes these adhesive bands (and is the same true for removing a red flash hider or other attachment / accessory)?

20150. (a) Any person who changes, alters, removes, or obliterates any coloration or markings that are required by any applicable state or federal law or regulation, for any imitation firearm, or any device described in subdivision (b) of Section 16700, in a way that makes the imitation firearm or device look more like a firearm, is guilty of a misdemeanor. (b) This section does not apply to a manufacturer, importer, or distributor of imitation firearms. © This section does not apply to lawful use in theatrical productions, including motion pictures, television, and stage productions.

Because the language and the logic is very tricky here, hard to follow (especially with the amendments to section 16700 that the bill makes).

The ony way a "bb device" that is an airsoft gun is exempted is with the markings, if the markings are removed then it is no longer exempted and hence becomes subject to 20150 (before SB199 had passed all "bb devices" including airsoft guns were exempted. So in a sense removing the markings also removes it from the exemption list.

So this becomes more of a logical or temporal question, especially since there would be two decals and removing even one of them means it is no longer exempted. Not to mention opens up a whole another can of worms when it comes to actually playing airsoft? (ie. what if someone shoots you and his bb hits the decal, causing a piece to flake off (altering it)? Could it then be argued that the player who shot your gun in the course of normal play is then guilty of a misdermeanor?

Edited by Shutaro

All of this from kids being shot by cops from carrying toy guns. Kids are inherently stupid. They'll either bring their toy guns out in public view anyway or simply paint over the neon colors and still end up getting shot. Heck, people have been shot holding an alarmingly bent banana. Keep on derping Cali, keep on derping.

• Upvote 1

Being in sales and marketing, my suspicion is that they will try CA compliant products....for now. But unlike real steel weapons which still look like weapons, fluorescent striped airsoft products over the long term will not sell. Sure they might for 8-12 year olds, but in the end it will kill the industry. After all, what demographic buys airsoft products? At 51, I won't continue my milsim fun and games with something that looks something like a Super Soaker. I suspect that I am not alone.

What I really believe is going on is a concerted effort to shrink the market for "toy" guns. If you can reduce the toys I.E. take them out of the hands of youth substituting other activities, the appeal goes away and it's easier for gun control policies to be enacted on a complacent younger generation. People tend to care less about something they know nothing about or have no interest in!

I sadly can't find a legitimate reason to disagree with this.

California continues to keep trying to make guns less 'cool'. Nerf used to be weird dart guns and foam footballs but has transitioned over the more recent years into 'Nerfsoft' becoming either a gateway for kids to get into airsoft/paintball as they get older, or a watered-down milsim sport for people who would rather spend less on a combat-simulation fun. Toy guns in general have returned to being things kids want to play with ever since the War on Terror began and the military became something relevant for kids (particularly boys) to take an interest in be it from family in the armed forces or for planning to join themselves for future tuition/careers. First-Person-Shooters added to re-popularizing kids wanting to play 'Army' too (though personally I loathe online FPS gaming). Just when guns were becoming less scary in some people's minds and more 'normal', we get this monstrosity.

I hope Californian lawmakers will feel proud knowing that they added more mundane things to send people to jail for, including little Timmy who just wanted to play airsoft with a gun that didn't give his position away at the field, meanwhile the state is still bankrupt and the cost of living and doing business there is outrageous.

Edited by Dmitri

20150. (a) Any person who changes, alters, removes, or obliterates any coloration or markings that are required by any applicable state or federal law or regulation, for any imitation firearm, or any device described in subdivision (b) of Section 16700, in a way that makes the imitation firearm or device look more like a firearm, is guilty of a misdemeanor. (b) This section does not apply to a manufacturer, importer, or distributor of imitation firearms. © This section does not apply to lawful use in theatrical productions, including motion pictures, television, and stage productions.

Seems to me the solution is to make every game an official "motion picture". Someone always has a GoPro at my games. Ha Ha.

Thanks for the video. It does clear up the law.

Couple of thoughts.

First and foremost, those guns look ridiculous.

Second, this law will do nothing to improve safety. In fact, I predict we will have more tragic incidents because once they become more "toy like" kids will be more inclined to carry them in public. No LEO should assume a gun with a 2cm blue band on the handle (which they can't see) and a blue trigger guard is a "toy". Good way to not make it home that evening.

This was meaningless legislation that is merely a gateway to the original intent (all fluorescent guns). This version will do nothing if not increase incidents. Make no mistake, Deleon's intent is to remove guns of any kind from the public. I will also predict in 2 years the original (all fluorescent) bill will be reintroduced and passed. The tick tock you hear is the death clock for airsoft in CA.

While I understand $$$, the fact is the industry caved and once you do, you will be expected to fall in line from now on. Governor Brown is no dummy, and based on the economic impact would have vetoed the bill in its original form. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy!!!!

Edited by aws1963

I wrote this earlier this year when I read the first articles about SB199

I recently read an article regarding California’s decision to color airsoft weapons as if they were designed at a clown school. These weapons are multi-colored, and honestly, quite hysterical looking. It’s as if airsofters are now playing “revenge of the clowns” scenario. But, as I read the article, I began what was the specious logic behind such a decision. Were there truly mitigating factors, or was this one more attempt to make all weapons the root of all evil? Two questions immediately came to mind:

How many airsoft players have been killed on the field by real weapons?

How many innocent civilians have been killed by airsoft weapons during violent crimes?

Those are the only two reasons I could see for wanting to make clown based airsoft weapons. Honestly, I think the percentage of airsoft players being killed by “real-steel” weapons is probably very low, if not non-existent. As to how many civilians have been killed by airsoft weapons used during violent crimes, again, probably non-existent. So, does making an airsoft weapon multi-colored really save lives, or is it perhaps a way to make the local populace of gun fearing people sleep better at night? I do not think there is a shred of irrefutable evidence that proves painting airsoft weapons reduces crime. If a person wishes to commit a crime using an airsoft weapon, all he needs is a can of black spray paint to complete the job. Again, if the individual uses an airsoft weapon to commit a violent crime, I think the worst case scenario is a person may lose an eye. On the flip side, that criminal’s airsoft weapon will not stand the test against a cop’s real weapon, or a law abiding citizen with a side arm.

In conclusion, I feel as if this is nothing more than another way for the anti-gun community to have their voice. Attacking the second amendment is trickling over to the airsoft community. These people believe that all guns are evil, and that by removing them will make all crime go away and they will sleep well at night. Painting airsoft guns does nothing to make the world a safer place. The same logic could be applied to making every car painted bright neon green so that they are easier to see, and avoid being hit by.

Perhaps the logic of this decision escapes me.

I know I am rehashing here, but its worth sharing...

I wrote this earlier this year when I read the first articles about SB199

I recently read an article regarding California’s decision to color airsoft weapons as if they were designed at a clown school. These weapons are multi-colored, and honestly, quite hysterical looking. It’s as if airsofters are now playing “revenge of the clowns” scenario. But, as I read the article, I began what was the specious logic behind such a decision. Were there truly mitigating factors, or was this one more attempt to make all weapons the root of all evil? Two questions immediately came to mind:

How many airsoft players have been killed on the field by real weapons?

How many innocent civilians have been killed by airsoft weapons during violent crimes?

Those are the only two reasons I could see for wanting to make clown based airsoft weapons. Honestly, I think the percentage of airsoft players being killed by “real-steel” weapons is probably very low, if not non-existent. As to how many civilians have been killed by airsoft weapons used during violent crimes, again, probably non-existent. So, does making an airsoft weapon multi-colored really save lives, or is it perhaps a way to make the local populace of gun fearing people sleep better at night? I do not think there is a shred of irrefutable evidence that proves painting airsoft weapons reduces crime. If a person wishes to commit a crime using an airsoft weapon, all he needs is a can of black spray paint to complete the job. Again, if the individual uses an airsoft weapon to commit a violent crime, I think the worst case scenario is a person may lose an eye. On the flip side, that criminal’s airsoft weapon will not stand the test against a cop’s real weapon, or a law abiding citizen with a side arm.

In conclusion, I feel as if this is nothing more than another way for the anti-gun community to have their voice. Attacking the second amendment is trickling over to the airsoft community. These people believe that all guns are evil, and that by removing them will make all crime go away and they will sleep well at night. Painting airsoft guns does nothing to make the world a safer place. The same logic could be applied to making every car painted bright neon green so that they are easier to see, and avoid being hit by.

Perhaps the logic of this decision escapes me.

I know I am rehashing here, but its worth sharing...

All good solid points!

I personally believe the way they intend to erode the 2A is to target the young people. They know most of the current adults aren't buying it. If they can remove the "toys", the odds of them being interested in "real steel" is greatly diminished. The anti 2A crowd has figured this out. Our youth are being taught every day in school that "good intentions" outweigh "effective results" and they are willing to accept an erosion of rights. It's a long term, incremental plan. If the 2A is a moldable and pliable right, which ones are next? The 1st, 4th, 5th, etc......?

On another note, wonder how hard it would be to move to 7mm bb's? Law covers 6mm and 8mm specifically.

I was just thinking about that this evening at work too. The likely result would be further legislation and/or far tighter restrictions. Maybe Hunterseeker5's aspherical rounds (or an unconventional ammunition design) might get a chance at being implemented as non-BB's and non-pellets with neither 6mm or 8mm dimensions.

They'll come after it eventually. The only way to stop it is to cut it off at the source. I've read about speculation that airsoft is targeted specifically as the other major stakeholders of gun replicas (paintball and air guns mainly) have struck a deal with De Leon funding his campaign even though both are just as guilty in occurrences where people are killed by cops after mistaking a toy for the real thing. So in effect he's practically blackmailing the airsoft community until we grease his palms as well. That or the people of California stop voting for these career politicians! They have the dumbest laws with regards to real firearms and they're letting it spill over on TOYS. To some degree I feel Californians deserve all this crap since they've voted for these clowns in the first place.

Well..some of the Airsoft distributors also sell 4.5mm bb guns.

If I did not play Airsoft, I would not play paintball...so that is another variable to consider. Especially after manipulating the system to "overthrown" a viable competitive sport.

In fact if that was the case...I would work against paintball. I had a field in the 90's and I dealt with the incumbent regional field owner. He had the gall to come up to me and say that the player base was not big enough to support another field. Considering mine was 4.5 times larger than his...he tried every trick in the book to get other fields shut down...if paintballers are funding Leon...the backlash would be huge!

The bottom line comes down to two things, money and the "guns are scary" mentality. California (and a large portion of Congress) is a left leaning. There for guns are bad. Since airsoft is about using replica guns, we must be bad as well. SB199 is not about protecting airsoft players, cops, or the general populace. It is gun control under the guise of protecting the masses. Guges eloquently pointed out that if you can take away the appeal of firearms as youths, adults won't want to buy the real deal. Secondarily, it was pointed out that paintball companies ponied up money to protect their interests, whereas airsoft stood true and didn't sell out. There is far more to this bill than meets the eye. This is the left again trying to run our lives.

Don't know if this has already been stated but if you haven't heard of Airsoft Atlanta you probably will in the future. I have no idea what evike and Airsoft gi are gonna do, also people like freddiew and rocket jump (Freddiew is part of rocket jump) they make their videos in California and they use Airsoft guns

My group did paintball for many years. I can't say it was better than airsoft (anyone who has played them both knows the difference) but it was just what we had at the time. We did try airsoft in the distant past, and we had a lot of problems with the player base, so we decided to stick with paintball. Until a short while ago, when airsoft really started to pick up locally, and good people playing it this time.

We didn't do mainstream paintball, we did pump leagues and 210 tournies and things like that. So honestly, we could go back to that if airsoft dies completely. Paintball has its own milsim community now, small, but it's out there. It might never be the same, but in the end, we got to work with what we got.

Mainstream paintball (died in 2008) was a victim of itself, they can blame airsoft or whatever else for bringing it down, but that doesn't make it so. Likewise even if airsoft died tommorow, I don't think that would bring paintball back. It might get a little boost, but that's all.

For me it's never been about the game as much as just what the good people are playing. And right now airsoft has it's problems, but it's still far better right now than paintball has ever been.