Sign in to follow this  
AsianAirsofter1

G&G combat machine project build

Im starting my first project gun with a G&G combat machine that I practically for for free. So I have a parts list right now and I need some opinions before I go off and buy it all. Ive worked on gearboxes before replacing minor parts but ive never replaced virtually everything in the gearbox.

Parts list:

Lonex 8mm ball bearing bushings

lonex piston with ten metal teeth

Lonex Aluminum Cylinder head ( double o-ring)

G&G metal reinforced piston head

Guarder Chromium cylinder

Element Steel ball bearing spring guide

Matrix M90 Spring

I already have installed a Lonex hop up chamber, bucking, and 6.03 tightbore(big fan of lonex if you couldnt tell). also I have installed a KWA high torque motor that I had lying around.

All of this is costing me about 110 bucks. I think its a decent budget build. any thoughts or criticism?

Last I checked, G&G's didn't come with 8mm gearbox shells, which means the 8mm Lonex bearings you want wont fit. You need to determine which size shell you have (likely 7mm) and get the appropriate bushings for that. Otherwise, you should replace your gearbox shell with the an 8mm one that you want.

The Matrix spring will probably give you a bit of a headache as they are notorious for either mispackaging their springs, or having such poor quality control that their springs don't perform anywhere in the ballpark of where they should. Replace that spring with a brand of known quality such as Madbull, PDI, Prometheus, and Guarder.

For starters though, I would really take a look at the link in my signature. The guides in there may help you save a little bit of money, particularly ditching the new cylinder you want as it really isn't needed.

Last I checked, G&G's didn't come with 8mm gearbox shells, which means the 8mm Lonex bearings you want wont fit. You need to determine which size shell you have (likely 7mm) and get the appropriate bushings for that.

Really? when did that change. Im pretty sure that the Combat Machine's come with 8mm bushings

Some G&G Products have 8mm some don't, newer ones are 8mm. Honestly if you already have metal bushings, no need to replace them with bearings, unless its the brass ones. Though in stock form they can run for a very long time.

What you are doing won't necessarily make your AEG better. It's not a video game where all non-stock parts is an upgrade.

And if your running a double bearing system....that is NOT a good idea too.

Edited by Guges Mk3

I bought mine probably a year and a half ago and it came with 8mm brass bushings, if yours has the same you might want to replace them but on an m90 it might not be a huge factor. I would also recommend steel bushings as opposed to bearings. As for the spring guide I have used many with bearings and many without, none of them have given me issues. Also with your m90 you don't need a so many metal teeth on the piston, metal piston head, or metal cylinder head in my opinion unless you are really dead set on them. In my experience a piston with 1 metal tooth has always gotten the job done and I personally prefer polycarb piston and cylinder heads. And of course remember to adjust for AOE! Have fun with the build

Im starting my first project gun with a G&G combat machine that I practically for for free. So I have a parts list right now and I need some opinions before I go off and buy it all. Ive worked on gearboxes before replacing minor parts but ive never replaced virtually everything in the gearbox.

Parts list:

Lonex 8mm ball bearing bushings

lonex piston with ten metal teeth

Lonex Aluminum Cylinder head ( double o-ring)

G&G metal reinforced piston head

Guarder Chromium cylinder

Element Steel ball bearing spring guide

Matrix M90 Spring

I already have installed a Lonex hop up chamber, bucking, and 6.03 tightbore(big fan of lonex if you couldnt tell). also I have installed a KWA high torque motor that I had lying around.

All of this is costing me about 110 bucks. I think its a decent budget build. any thoughts or criticism?

don't GET A METEL PISTON HEAD! Get a polycarbonate one. They are WAY more quiat and just as durable with great air seal if ported.