Sign in to follow this  
Soccerlepercon

Wiring Issue

Recently bought a v2 deepfire wire set for my mp5. Tried installing it and got no response (set it up on multiple batteries and multiple motors). Thought it was defective so I got another one sent to me and once again no response. Could this wiring set just be non responsive with my gun? It's a HK mp5 wired to deans, and worked fine until I tried bringing this deep fire wire set into the equation. What could be wrong? Keep in mind that I'm almost sure there is no issue with a loose connection.

While I could point fingers at your connections to the motor or battery, I have another thought:

What if your gun came pre-bridged, and with the Deep Fire contacts it has an electrical safety you'r now (obviously) not engaging?

Two metal prongs on the back side of the trigger mech (should be visible from the outside of the GB) Is your tappet plate copper wrapped down there and is that contacting those two prongs? If not, thats your problem right there.

Edited by hunterseeker5

the trigger connectors is a good idea and simple to test for and the selector plate is an excellent possibility

you can test both of these areas easily by having your battery plugged in and motor hooked up. bridge each area with a screwdriver or whatever piece of conductive metal you can control to complete the circuit

youll find right where the issue is when your motor jumps. I really don't think you need to spend money on a special meter to diagnose something as simple as this

if the case is that its the selector plate side of the switch box as HS suggested then this is a simple fix. just melt some solder over the two tabs to bridge them together, and then you can dremel it flat so the selector plate slides over it without bending. this is actually better than having the copper plate on the selector plate

if its the trigger contacts you can try tightening the screws that hold the contacts in place and bending them closer together or you can try a trolley with a longer or wider metal contact

if none of this at all fixes anything I would check out your deans and resolder the wires on though they should be conducting through the solder even if the wires arent touching the tabs

if your motor just clicks and doesnt cycle then the polarities may be switched. ive gotten a few wire kits that were like this or put together wrong. you can either switch around the wires on your battery connector (I think :/ ) or turn your motor 180 to switch the wires

Edited by Zemanova

How many times do I have to tell you to listen to what I'm thinking not what I'm saying. :P

Good catch Airborne. :D What would I ever do without you? Probably give very confusing advice.......

Try these...it helps.

frog-card-500x500.jpg

Edited by Guges Mk3