Sign in to follow this  
PCEN713

Thoughts on the new Echo 1 AR-57?

I came across the Echo 1 AR-57, which looks pretty interesting. It is supposed to be a rebrand of the S&T AR-57. Just asking if its any good by the specifications that were released (the gun itself isn't available to the public yet, but the specs can be found on Echo 1 USA's webpage). The stock parts seem pretty nice for $230, and with minimum upgrading (TBB, downgrade spring for CQB) I think it actually isn't that bad. It comes stock with a high torque motor, metal spring guide, ported nylon piston, and a polymer hop-up with a Madbull bucking. Any thoughts?

I came across the Echo 1 AR-57, which looks pretty interesting. It is supposed to be a rebrand of the S&T AR-57. Just asking if its any good by the specifications that were released (the gun itself isn't available to the public yet, but the specs can be found on Echo 1 USA's webpage). The stock parts seem pretty nice for $230, and with minimum upgrading (TBB, downgrade spring for CQB) I think it actually isn't that bad. It comes stock with a high torque motor, metal spring guide, ported nylon piston, and a polymer hop-up with a Madbull bucking. Any thoughts?

It is a rebrand of the S&T, and has standard internals you would see from an Echo1/JG/S&T/clone internals.

The gearbox shell and hopup are proprietary because of the design.

The design is only popular since the real steel AR57 is a unique rifle. For airsoft, you are taking the versatile and proven M4 platform and adapting it to use P90 magazines, of which midcaps become your only good feeding magazine choice.

Another plus of the P90 platform is the ability to use a box mag. Using a box mag is not even an option for this one. I believe tiger11hk has a picture with the box mag, just amusing.

The optic rail is also rather far back if you prefer some optics that need to be mounted farther from the shooter, or if you use a magnifier.

you can put a stanag shell in the magwell to carry skittles. true story

Please go on, how did you find this out?

On topic, I don't even care how it performs, I just want one because nobody else is going to have one. They are very unique and amazing.

I think the gun sounds nice, looks decent, and would be alright for real steel use. For airsoft, I think it just is downright useless, why not just buy a P90? It looks kind of weird to me, just an M4 with P90 magazines on the top. Maybe if you like M4 platforms and P90 mags, except P90 mags aren't famous for being the best.

True. It is pretty much a P90 in a M4 frame. Also, it has a 300mm barrel not a standard M4 363mm barrel lengtg, so I'm not too sure how well this gun would perform in field. It's a pretty unique gun though IMO, since you probably won't be seeing lots of these in the arena. Though performance-wise, I don't see anything that stands out much.

I think it was odd that they chose to use a peq for battery storage when empty stanags are sometimes used to catch the brass. you could make it more realistic in that sense and have the wires come through the magwell using an empty mag shell to hold a battery.

I think it was odd that they chose to use a peq for battery storage when empty stanags are sometimes used to catch the brass. you could make it more realistic in that sense and have the wires come through the magwell using an empty mag shell to hold a battery.

I believe that the Echo 1 AR-57 has the battery stored in the crane stock, not in a PEQ. The S&T version has a retractable wire stock version that utilizes a PEQ.

They made both actually being the OEM.

I can't find the Echo 1's version of the other variant... I only see this one on the Echo 1 webpage. Also, S&T's AR-57 has a longer outer barrel than the Echo 1's version. It seems like as if Echo 1 combined both of them: it has the outer barrel length of the S&T's retractable frame stock version yet has the crane stock of the S&T's long barrel version. The S&T AR-57 can be found on ehobbyasia:

S&T AR-57 "Long barrel" version: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ay-ar-57-aeg-wi...ml#.UuupcVE2_Hg

S&T AR-57 "Frame stock" version: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ay-ar-57-aeg-wi...ml#.UuupsFE2_Hg

Everyone knows Echo 1 OEMs a ton of Chinese manufacturers, so it would't be too surprising to see Echo 1 "combining" a few parts to make it look different from the ACM versions (they don't opening admit they OEM Chinese guns. they just "upgrade it", which in reality is pretty much adding a madbull hop-up/bucking)

I can't find the Echo 1's version of the other variant... I only see this one on the Echo 1 webpage. Also, S&T's AR-57 has a longer outer barrel than the Echo 1's version. It seems like as if Echo 1 combined both of them: it has the outer barrel length of the S&T's retractable frame stock version yet has the crane stock of the S&T's long barrel version. The S&T AR-57 can be found on ehobbyasia:

S&T AR-57 "Long barrel" version: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ay-ar-57-aeg-wi...ml#.UuupcVE2_Hg

S&T AR-57 "Frame stock" version: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ay-ar-57-aeg-wi...ml#.UuupsFE2_Hg

Everyone knows Echo 1 OEMs a ton of Chinese manufacturers, so it would't be too surprising to see Echo 1 "combining" a few parts to make it look different from the ACM versions (they don't opening admit they OEM Chinese guns. they just "upgrade it", which in reality is pretty much adding a madbull hop-up/bucking)

E1 is a rebrander...not an OEM. S&T is an OEM.

Something to note is years ago I know E90s had a different magazine size spec and would not take TM or MAG mags. So unless they changed that, you probably can't use then in the AR57 - which means the gun is ultra dumb as TM and MAG are the only reliable P90 mags I've ever seen

Edited by GTAMOBSTER