Sign in to follow this  
Justinmharris33

Would this be a decent base for a DMR?

So I want to build a dmr and have been looking for a decent base to get started. I saw this gun on the sales part of the forum and liked the look of it. Would it be a good gun to start with? I plan on putting about 500 into it after I buy it.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/GandP-Ma...nd-t281779.html

its the moe sniper on the list.

Edited by Justinmharris33

yea that ones pretty cool & it would work well. though its a v2 gb which are prone to cracking. not the best for dmr type high fps set ups, but more people use them for dmr platforms than anything else

youll want to look into things like sorbo & radiusing, and why metal piston and cylinder heads are a no no in the v2

really in my opinion the best thing to start a good dmr/sniper rifle build on is a gun that has a specialized gearbox that allow for higher volumes of air to be compressed

guns like the sr-25's that have the long type v2 and the svd like the real sword and cyma

guns that use v3 gearboxes are also great to use for a dmr. even a crappy v3 shell can take a beating

v3's also seem to take to mixes of upgrade parts like a fish to water. theyre really easy to dump parts into without issue

Edited by Zemanova

I have been reading for a few weeks about upgrading a dmr. I was a little worried about the v2 gear box like you said but I plan on replacing/doing mods to prevent a lot of the damage. All that being said would a 400-450 dmr be doable? all the fields around me chrono max at 450.

I have been reading for a few weeks about upgrading a dmr. I was a little worried about the v2 gear box like you said but I plan on replacing/doing mods to prevent a lot of the damage. All that being said would a 400-450 dmr be doable? all the fields around me chrono max at 450.

400-450 is very duable.

I shoot at 400 for most of my gun and none of them have any problems.

Same with my sr-12 which was at 450-500 fps and it holds out well.

+1 for an SR25 w/ an extended gearbox (CA, G&P, and A&K). The gearbox almost seems to be made for a DMR. The higher air volume is great for long shots, and the shell is very durable. Pair it with a few compression mods, a tbb, and a r-hop and you're ready to roll. Be aware some parts are hard to come by, and the gun is heavy. Don't plan to run around too much with it.