Sign in to follow this  
berkie

king arms sig 556 dmr shoots only 5 meters.

I bought this gun, broken, for pretty cheap. The problem was advertized as a hop up problem but its one I cant seem to fix. So far the bb drops to the ground at around 5 meters, and even less when I apply hop.

Inside I have a lonex piston+head, stock piston+head stretched and have good compression. Theres a transition piece to make sure the long nozzle gets into the hop up chamber and the chamber has been replaced by a prommy neo strike with a pdi w hold bucking for seal and a rhop in a pdi 05 520mm barrel. The spring is a m130.

Ive changed pretty much everything but the problem still happens. The nozzle is proprietary but isnt leaking and I don't really feel air escaping from the hop up and magwell.

Im out of ideas for this one and I pretty much want to give it to a decent tech that can fix this :pain: if there was anyone actually near. I hope you guys have some idea

Did you put the cylinder in backwards?

Like what this "tech" did and his "dur" moment. Owner brought it to me after the other tech worked on it.

6017894879_b51ced54be_b.jpg

Also do the paper test on your hop-up with your AEG inverted.

Its a full cylinder. The old one as well as the new one. I havent done the paper test yef but I don't feel anything when I hold my finger in front of the feeding tube.

I can try putting in a smaller barrel if I have one lying around but usually 510mm would work fine with a full cylinder

Its a full cylinder. The old one as well as the new one. I havent done the paper test yef but I don't feel anything when I hold my finger in front of the feeding tube.

I can try putting in a smaller barrel if I have one lying around but usually 510mm would work fine with a full cylinder

Is the Rhop patch well seated?

When you apply hop, can you see if the front edge of the patch cuts down into the barrel?

What kind of nub are you using?

Other than that, have you cleaned the barrel recently? Could be gunk in the barrel causing problems.

Silly test maybe, but if you remove the hop chamber and bucking, and load a bb in the front end of the barrel, does it pass through the barrel without problem? Can you use it as a blowpipe?

Will at least rule out the barrel as the problem if you can shoot a bb further with your lungs ;)

Is the Rhop patch well seated?

When you apply hop, can you see if the front edge of the patch cuts down into the barrel?

What kind of nub are you using?

Other than that, have you cleaned the barrel recently? Could be gunk in the barrel causing problems.

Silly test maybe, but if you remove the hop chamber and bucking, and load a bb in the front end of the barrel, does it pass through the barrel without problem? Can you use it as a blowpipe?

Will at least rule out the barrel as the problem if you can shoot a bb further with your lungs ;)

The barrel is a brand new pdi 05 and is cleaned and even with the r hop on the bb will pass straight through once its in the barrel or with a little push or puff. Im using the m nub.

This problem also showed in the original lonex barrel but im wondering if sanding the tappet would fix it

out of the gun, does the gearbox make plenty of power (blow enough air when you cycle it?)

If it does there, and the barrel is ok (sounds like it is), it's in the hop up and/or nozzle area... you've eliminated everything else.

From a lot of experience with type of thing, you have to look at how the assembly is going together there. It may be that the nozzle is not seating properly (you might look at the tappet plate, the part the nozzle sits on) to make sure it isn't doing some weird flex thing (ran into a bad batch on M4s in V2 boxes years ago, drove me nuts trying to figure out why they weren't moving correctly) or it could be that the barrel is not seating fully back in the hop up assembly, hence not allowing the air nozzle to set up against the back of the rubber bucking, so no seal, and no power.

Take your time, don't get frustrated, and just observe what's going on with it.

I figured out the problem.

When I put pressure on the hop up chamber towards the gearbox, it fires normally. There's a large gap between the Gearbox and the hop up chamber with only a plastic tube in between. The HSA barrel lockdown kit doesn't work on this gun, the O-rings are too big, but I will need to figure out a way to put more pressure on that hop up that it currently does. perhaps I should superglue the tube to the hop up chamber so there's absolutely no play in there.

I figured out the problem.

When I put pressure on the hop up chamber towards the gearbox, it fires normally. There's a large gap between the Gearbox and the hop up chamber with only a plastic tube in between. The HSA barrel lockdown kit doesn't work on this gun, the O-rings are too big, but I will need to figure out a way to put more pressure on that hop up that it currently does. perhaps I should superglue the tube to the hop up chamber so there's absolutely no play in there.

Put a spring around the inner barrel so the spring pushes the chamber into the GB.

Edited by EDI 1st