to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
airborne101

Marine Force Recon Kit

I am excited to finally get this all put together. The Nexus U94 PTT final came in today to finish out the kit.

I used Knifes guide on various sites (Airsoft Society, Miairsoft) as well as a couple of photo threads on AirsoftPacific, AirsoftCanada, and MilitaryPhotos.net.

MFRComplete1_zpsa13ea870.jpg

MFRComplete2_zpsdc9ffa8f.jpg

MFRComplete3_zpsd7953f10.jpg

MFRComplete4_zpsc0fb4651.jpg

MFRComplete5_zps89bb453d.jpg

MFRComplete6_zps4c9f9f30.jpg

Kit List

1st Line:

Pantac Duty Belt w/ Security buckle

Pantac High Speed Low Drag X Suspenders

Pantac Upright Drop Leg Panel

2x Pantac Dual .45 Pouch

Pantac Double m16 Pouch

Blackhawk Lvl 2 SERPA holster (I know the SERPA is uncommon, however Knife said it is kosher, and since I already had it, I decided to stick with it)

Gemtech Pistol Retention Lanyard

Pantac Dump Pouch

Pantac Horizontal General Purpose Pouch

2nd Line:

Pantac Land Recon CIRAS

Pantac Individual First Aid Kit

Pantac Double M16 Pouch

Pantac Single M16 Pouch

Pantac Large Square Admin Pouch

2x Eagle Industries Frag Grenade Pouch

Eagle Industries Triple Shingle

Pantac MBITR Radio Pouch

Pantac Smoke Grenade Pouch

Pantac MAP & Hydration bladder

Helmet:

ACM MICH TC-2000

ACM Helmet Goggle Retention Straps

ACM Norotos Universal NVG Shroud

Surefire Helmet Light HL1-C-TN

Arena Flakjacks (as far as I can tell these are not kosher, but they work fantastic for me in regards to fogging)

Communications:

Puxing PX-777 Radio

MSA Sordin #75305 Headset (Rewired to TP-120 connector)

Nexus U94 Amplified PTT for Kenwood 2 pin

Clothing/Random bits:

Propper Flight Suit Tan (Not pictured)

Bellville 550 ST boots (Not pictured)

Alta Knee Pads

Mechanix Wear Gloves

Guns:

Classic Army M4, G&P 552, Echo 1 PEQ-2

13 mags

Tokyo Marui MEU

4 mags

At this point, I consider the kit more or less finished. I am open to getting a weapons catch, belt mounted Surefire, and flight gloves, but I consider those minor, and will only purchase them if I determine that I really need them. I will also be getting a pair of IR U.S. Flag patches for the helmet.

As for the M4, I actually pieced this together for the photo out of the 3 that I own. Base gun, optic from the second, and rail/PEQ from the third. I wouldn't be using this in game, but rather my M4 that the optic came from since the performance is better.

Took some geared up photos today. Sorry about the poor trigger discipline.

MFR2_zps8af48aab.jpg

MFR4_zps2219e896.jpg

MFR9_zps48eefae9.jpg

MFR6_zps1fee4f19.jpg

MFR7_zpsf00e7da5.jpg

MFR14_zps46452103.jpg

MFR12_zps18866c4a.jpg

MFR10_zps9a5fcb00.jpg

Edited by airborne101

Awesome loadout! I was originally going for a FR look, but decided on practicality over accuracy. Now I use a Mayflower APC as my base.

How is the Alta knee pad working for you? I originally purchased one, but sold it off in favor of the larger, older knee pads used by the Marines (http://bpe-usa.com/ostore/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=50). Even though these ones are much larger and bulkier, I feel better protected. I have no qualms dropping to the ground in a hurry with them.

I have a TM 1911 MEU as well. Isn't it a beautiful gun? I threw in a PDI tightbore and Nineball bucking, but otherwise, it's stock.

The Alta knee pad is kinda "meh". Doesn't stay in place very well. I believe those are Banji's or something like that, that you linked, and I have thought about those.

The TM MEU is a wonderful gun. Feels great and performs great. Smokes the hell out of the KWA Mk.23 I own, and the other KWA's I've shot.

The Alta knee pad is kinda "meh". Doesn't stay in place very well. I believe those are Banji's or something like that, that you linked, and I have thought about those.

The TM MEU is a wonderful gun. Feels great and performs great. Smokes the hell out of the KWA Mk.23 I own, and the other KWA's I've shot.

That's why I switched to the BPEs. They don't move at all. However, I hope to eventually pick up some Crye G3s, so I won't need separate knee pads for those.

Definitely love the TM MEU. I especially love its look. I was conflicted between the KWA 1911 PTPs or the TM 1911 MEU. Eventually, the looks and TM-name won me over to the TM 1911 MEU. I personally only run 2 extra pistol magazines, but I rarely use my pistol since my primary is so reliable.

Just curious, but how much did your comms set you back?

Also, how are your Belleville 550 STs? I personally went with Blackhawk Warrior Wear Desert Ops. After getting issued boots, I've avoided most things that are standard issue.

Have to say, I really love your loadout. A few years ago, my dream loadout would have looked exactly like yours. However, I've moved toward function and comfort over form and accuracy, so my loadout doesn't look like a particular group's kit. It's more of a blend between the FR and NSW kits.

For the comms, I got the Puxing 777 as a Christmas gift, but they cost about $60-80. The headset was $140, brand new never used, but it was the model with the Lemo 6 pin which no one uses, so I sent it into TCI to get rewired. That ran another $70 shipping both ways and work. The PTT I new I required an amplified version due to impedance issues between military headsets and radios, but I found that for $100 on ebay. So all in all, in the area of $400.

As for the Bellville 550's, I love them. I wear them whenever I know I might get dirty or wet. They are very comfortable and stay dry, even when stepping in puddles of water or in the snow. That isn't something I could say about snow boots I used to own. I find them to be a great working boot, and they are even warm in the winter. I use them in subzero temps without issue. My only complaint is that they are awful for traction on slick surfaces. They suck on ice, and even just a little snow can cause them to slip if you aren't paying attention.

I understand wanting to go lighter/functional. I'm sure some people will berate me for going with a big bulky impression, but it's fun for me, and I have learned how to be functional in it. If you want to do a Marine impression but remain light/functional, you might want to look into MARSOC, as from what I have seen, they aren't as bulky and wear smaller PCs. Airsoft Canada has a nice thread going on FR/MARSOC. The later half of the thread consists almost entirely of MARSOC since that is becoming more common than FR in present conflicts.

I'm glad the Bellville 550s worked out for you. I really like my Blackhawks because the traction is phenomenal. You don't even need to look at the bottom of the boot to tell they have an aggressive tread. A side portrait is enough to give the impression. Unfortunately, I've heard that when they fail, they fail catastrophically. I've babied mine so far, so they are still in great condition. Hopefully they will stay that way.

I've given up on the Marine impression. I decided that functional and comfort were my forte, but thanks for the info. I hope to eventually get some comms, so I'll probably copy what you've done as a guideline.

I've given up on the Marine impression. I decided that functional and comfort were my forte, but thanks for the info. I hope to eventually get some comms, so I'll probably copy what you've done as a guideline.

It may be a bit expensive, but go with the real stuff, especially if you plan to be in the sport of a good chunk of time. It sounds like with the repo stuff (Element/Ztactical) you have better than a 50% chance of getting a lemon in some way, shape, or form. Buy once, cry once.

Edited by airborne101

Definitely! My PC, pouches, and basically everything I use is RS. I picked up the Cavalvy headset a few years ago. It broke after a few uses, and those were the "best" replica comms.

Edited by airsoftmatthias

It's tax time, and I found a EI CIRAS that was brand new, with tags, still in the packaging for $250. Half off of most retailers sites, and cheaper than what some of the used ones go for. Naturally I had to pick it up. Its a medium and fits a lot nicer than the Pantac large does, and doesn't have the fifth row of webbing, so its a bit smaller.

EICIRAS1_zps2f2b7813.jpg

EICIRAS4_zps8aaed774.jpg

EICIRAS3_zpseaa32e07.jpg

So the EI/FSBEII consists of:

CIRAS

Triple M4 shingle

2x Frag pouches

Wow, that is nice. Getting real steel gear is always neat. Doesn't it feel better? Not always literally, but psychologically? I have a Mayflower APC waiting to be used. I have an airsoft team practice tomorrow that I'll use it for.

I definitely feel like this fits better. If you notice on my original pics, the Pantac actually has 5 rows of MOLLE on the cummerbund, vs the correct 4 rows on the EI. Now with the EI, the interacts a little bit nicer with my belt. Really my only complaint with the EI is the internal cummerbund is a big small and fits tightly around my fat stomach, but otherwise it's awesome.

Things have been updated as of late. Here is how it currently sits.

FSBEII1_zps3123d941.jpg
FSBEII3_zps01ef0d53.jpg
FSBEII4_zps22768aaf.jpg
FSBEII5_zps482e3e58.jpg
FSBEII9_zpse7aa6f67.jpg
FSBEII10_zps279d2c99.jpg
The items in bold are things I still plan to change.
1st Line
-Flyye Right Angle Belt (This is a medium. May need to step up to a large.)
-2x Eagle Industries FSBEII Frag Grenade Pouch (only 1 shown right now. -Thinking I need the larger belt to carry both of them.)
-Eagle Industries FSBEII Weapons Catch
-Eagle Industries FSBEII .45 FB Pouch
-Pantac Double .45 FB Pouch (Just a place holder until I get 2 more FSBEII pouches.
-Safariland 6004
-Gemtech Pistol Retention Lanyard
-Pantac Horizontal General Purpose Pouch (debating whether to replace this with an E&R bag, or a M60/SAW pouch. I use it to hold my phone, wallet, and keys during a game. Leaning towards an E&R bag, despite the price)
***Still need to add a CSM FSBEII Dump Pouch
***May add a Surefire G2 and V70 light holder, since there is a slim to no chance of finding a CSM light holster.
2nd Line
-Eagle Industries FSBEII CIRAS (Medium LAND version)
-Eagle Industries FSBEII Hydration System
-Eagle Industries FSBEII Triple Shingle
-3x Eagle Industries FSBEII .45 FB Pouch
-3x Eagle Industries FSBEII 1x2 M4 Pouch (green tag)
-Allied Industries FSBEII MBITR Pouch
-Pantac Large Square Admin Pouch
-Pantac IFAK
Helmet
-ACM MICH TC-2000
-ACM Helmet Goggle Retention Straps
-IFF Infrared US Flag Tan (regular)
-IFF Infrared US Flag Tan (reverse)
-Arena Flakjaks (not kosher, but chosen because they are functional, also wear a balaclava for mouth protection, but again, not really kosher)
Communications
-MSA Sordin Headset
-Toy Soldier AN/PRC-148 Military Radio
-Toy Soldier/ztac TEA E-Switch PTT (may splurge and get a real one in the future)
-TRI Harris "Blade" Antenna
Clothing
-Tan & Sage Flight Suits
-Alta knee pad
-Bellville 550ST Boots
***Need to add flight gloves, currently using Mechanix
Guns
-Tokyo Marui MEU with Guarder TRP MBK & tan Ready Fighter grips
-Classic Army M15a4 (M4a1 Carbine) pieced together from 2 M4's for the sake of being kosher
The gear pouch on the belt is going to be replaced. I am just debating between an E&R bad (damn you price on those) or a M60/SAW pouch. Considering I would use it to carry my phone, wallet, and keys during a game, leaning towards the E&R bag, despite the price.
The Admin is for sure getting replaced with an FSBE one. I saw a guy selling several of them on ebay for $15, but didn't jump on one fast enough. Hopeing to come across another where they aren't charging an arm and leg for them.
Also considering changing the IFAK to FSBE, but considering their price, and the fact that I marked up my current IFAK so it probably wont sell, I don't think it will be worth it to switch.
Eventually going to buy a Norotos 3 Hole shroud when funds allow.
Other than that, some flight gloves, 2 more .45 FB pouches, I will probably add in the smaller things like a carbiner of chemlights and flexcuffs. May also add a leg panel with 2 more 1x2 M4 pouches for extended games.
Sadly, I am already planning another MFR impression using the RRV as the base.

I picked up a few more FSBEII pieces.

FSBEII13_zps5f46cf8c.jpg

Addition of the CSM Dump Pouch. Only think I think that is left on the belt is to swap the horizontal gear pouch out for an FSBEII E&R Bag.

FSBEII14_zpsc744e49f.jpg

And to start a little bit lighter kit,

FSBEII Allied Industries MBSS L/XL

FSBEII Allied Industries Admin w/o Light

3x FSBEII Eagle Industries M4 1x2s

So with this one, I'll add a MBITR on the front, and a MAP on the back. Not sure what else other than that though, since both kits will share the belt.

There is also a new helmet, but I am waiting on the shroud to show up before I post it.

Edited by airborne101

Got the MBSS kitted out.

fCVrNRi.jpg

trBq7IH.jpg

Front

AI FSBEII MBSS

3x 1x2 EI FSBEII M4 pouches

AI FSBEII MBITR pouch

AI FSBEII Admin without light

Back

AI FSBEII Modular Assault Pack

EI FSBEII Smoke Grenade pouch

I'll be using this with the belt shown a few posts up, as well as an AI FSBEII Low Vis Carrier. Still waiting to buy the dummy plates and soft armor.

Edited by airborne101

Now that the dummy plates/armor came in, a few geared up photos.

CIRAS

zI8g0J0.jpg

wOD8rnk.jpg

qYqpPpn.jpg

17oaEnA.jpg

Fdn8TOt.jpg

EE7YWUQ.jpg

MBSS

t939Dsk.jpg

Wcx2Bui.jpg

YwYlGfO.jpg

Kz4pshu.jpg

WgCVKWb.jpg

I originally wanted all the mags closest to my weak side for ease of reloading, however, after taking photos, I've realized that the radio antenna get's in the way of shouldering my rifle, so I will be swapping sides with it.

Also not quite sure I like the back panel. Looks a bit...idk, messy? Still trying to figure out what I want to do about it.

Edited by airborne101

I attended Third Coast Airsoft's Broken Dagger II this weekend in University Park IL. The AO was an old chemical plant and was awesome to say the last. Tons of buildings, some with no light, pipes & liquid tanks, building with 5 stories, the works. This was my first MILSIM event as well as first time at a place other than a sanctioned field. To say I had a blast would be an understatement. Ran my MBSS MFR kit. Helmet saved my noggin several times.

UAg9G6A.jpg

Mt31QQR.jpg

The Enola Gaye EG67 grenades get 2 thumbs up. Ended up buy 4 of them. They were so fun and worked very well.

20 something members of my college team came out to the event as well.

WgAUjO6.jpg

We comprised 1st and 2nd squads of 1st platoon, Chaos company, Eastern Forces.

Edited by airborne101