Sign in to follow this  
skrallex

Newbie - debating

Hey all. So I'm new to forums, and I'm also new to airsoft. As in, never played, not once lol. So I'm stuck between 2 different guns to get as my first. I've ruled out all others I've looked at and settled between these 2. The G4-A2 Silent Death, or the G4-A1. I'll provide the links incase any one needs to review the specs. My question is, is that I'm looking for something that can handle both field and cqb. I've looked at ones that are rated for both but I don't personally like the style. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_in...roducts_id=6441

http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_in...roducts_id=6533

If your new, I'd avoid getting blowback. It adds several parts that are harder to repair when broken. Also, who rated the guns for cqb and field? I'm guessing ASGI did.

Just remember, AS is not real steel, longer barrels don't always mean longer range.

Also, check out the AUG. It may interest you

If your new, I'd avoid getting blowback. It adds several parts that are harder to repair when broken. Also, who rated the guns for cqb and field? I'm guessing ASGI did.

Just remember, AS is not real steel, longer barrels don't always mean longer range.

Also, check out the AUG. It may interest you

Agreed. Also, ASGI's G4 series aren't the best things out there. You can get something better for the same amount money. As The Great Dane said, EBBs aren't the easiest thing upgrade.

Hey all. So I'm new to forums, and I'm also new to airsoft. As in, never played, not once lol. So I'm stuck between 2 different guns to get as my first. I've ruled out all others I've looked at and settled between these 2. The G4-A2 Silent Death, or the G4-A1. I'll provide the links incase any one needs to review the specs. My question is, is that I'm looking for something that can handle both field and cqb. I've looked at ones that are rated for both but I don't personally like the style. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_in...roducts_id=6441

http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_in...roducts_id=6533

Put what you would have paid for an ASGI Custom and buy any G&P that interests you.

A spring change to an M100 and you'll be set for whatever you like, CQB and field.

well crap.... you could get some awesome guns for that budget. like vfc, g&p, or kwa

if I had your budget I would get a vfc stinger and convert it to a 7'' moe handguard with vltor flip up sight gas block, and cqb barrel. I think thatd be hot

Hmm. Alright. Thanks for the tips... So what are some brands I should keep an eye out for? Maybe to better assist, I'm only looking to spend $450 maybe just a little over. That price including gun, optic, battery/charger, bbs, and maybe some light misc gear.

Well, since you have the budget, (prices approximate)

Elite battery pack/similar: ~$20-$25

Smart charger: $30

BBs: self explanatory

If you must have an optic then sure, but with that budget some internal stuff wouldn't be a bad idea.

A tightbore would cost you $30 (Madbull Python), a decent bucking $5.

As before, buy any G&P, around $250 and put the rest to the above items and some gear.

G&P rifles are wired to deans. A deans wired battery will be required.

You don't NEED to spend that much. Of course you can, but $450 is a healthy budget.

Ha, alright. With that said. Any other reputable sites to purchase from? Only one I see to find reputable is ASGI. And the G&P guns on there are going for $358 and only have 3 in stock. Any other brands that are good? Just to have a selection. I don't want beginer or cheap sh** lol. If I'm going to dump the money in something, I want it to be good. And again, thank you for all the info/tips.

Ha, alright. With that said. Any other reputable sites to purchase from? Only one I see to find reputable is ASGI. And the G&P guns on there are going for $358 and only have 3 in stock. Any other brands that are good? Just to have a selection. I don't want beginer or cheap sh** lol. If I'm going to dump the money in something, I want it to be good. And again, thank you for all the info/tips.

ASGI doesnt stock G&P.

Evike will have a nice selection of G&P, probably the most as far as US retailers go.

Hmm, could have sworn I saw it. Anyways. Went onto evike.. I really like Evike G&P M4 custom. Any really difference other than length between the stuby and tank?

Evike's customs arent the best.. They often swap G&P parts for lesser brand parts. I've seen a few shipped with G&G Combat Machine outer barrels instead of true G&P ones.

What do you mean differences? They look pretty different..

Ahh, I see. So if I were to choose between those two, which would be "better" persay.

The stubby killer is on preorder... the tank is your option if youd like to pick one up soon.

If you mean this one: http://www.evike.com/products/37650/ then you'll need an optic/iron sights, they arent included.

Otherwise they are the same internally.

The stubby killer is on preorder... the tank is your option if youd like to pick one up soon.

If you mean this one: http://www.evike.com/products/37650/ then you'll need an optic/iron sights, they arent included.

Otherwise they are the same internally.

Hmm I was looking at the foliage green ones.

Depends. Some CQB fields have a .25g limit for indoor. .25g is a good weight all around if you don't plan on switching to something heavier for outdoor.

G&P guns are wired to deans, so you will need a battery wired to deans. Eliteairsoftbatteries.com: you can make you own pack (9.6v wired to deans, for example).

Evike has G&P/Intellect deans batteries, but buying an Elite is the ideal especially since your budget has room to budge.

Charger isnt that important brand wise. Anything works, even a Tenergy charger. They are wired to Tamiya, so a deans adapter for the charger will also be necessary.

THAT IS A CUTE LITTLE GUN!

But your batteries bought will need to be deans, buy a smart charger wired to deans(not a crap one), and some nice .25g BBs. Always 6mm, G&G has nice BBs.

Also that is a great gun, should serve you well.

Unless you piss on it.

Bioval probably makes the best BBs. They are also relatively well-priced if you look hard enough. AirsoftGI sells them for $12 a bag. The heavier the BB, the more accurate and consistent it will be. Try to use the heaviest BB you can. That typically means at least 0.25g, preferably 0.30g, for guns that shoot in the 400 FPS range. Yes, you will lose FPS, but I'd rather hit a target 10/10 times with a slower BB than 6/10 times with a faster one.

Get an Accucel 6 or IMAX B6 charger. They've been used by RC enthusiasts for years and are well known for their reliability. Additionally, they will charge both NiMH/NiCd and most Li-XX batteries. They cost about $20-$30 from hobbyking.com. Make sure you order from the USA warehouse.

As for batteries, get what you want. NiMH are the standard choice. 9.6v NiMH is what most beginners purchase. A 7.4v LiPo with the correct c-rating is equivalent to a 9.6v NiMH, but read up on LiPos before purchasing them. Don't get an 11.1v LiPo unless you're fully aware of the ramifications and you've installed a good MOSFET on your AEG.

Check out eliteairsoft.com for some battery options.

Edited by airsoftmatthias

Bioval probably makes the best BBs. They are also relatively well-priced if you look hard enough. AirsoftGI sells them for $12 a bag. The heavier the BB, the more accurate and consistent it will be. Try to use the heaviest BB you can. That typically means at least 0.25g, preferably 0.30g, for guns that shoot in the 400 FPS range. Yes, you will lose FPS, but I'd rather hit a target 10/10 times with a slower BB than 6/10 times with a faster one.

Get an Accucel 6 or IMAX B6 charger. They've been used by RC enthusiasts for years and are well known for their reliability. Additionally, they will charge both NiMH/NiCd and most Li-XX batteries. They cost about $20-$30 from hobbyking.com. Make sure you order from the USA warehouse.

As for batteries, get what you want. NiMH are the standard choice. 9.6v NiMH is what most beginners purchase. A 7.4v LiPo with the correct c-rating is equivalent to a 9.6v NiMH, but read up on LiPos before purchasing them. Don't get an 11.1v LiPo unless you're fully aware of the ramifications and you've installed a good MOSFET on your AEG.

Check out eliteairsoft.com for some battery options.

Sounds good, thanks.

And coyote; thanks for the tip. I'll try to refrain from pissing on it. Lol.

Just a warning. I knew a guy so tacti-cool he urinated all over his Polarstar'd Systema.

Just a warning. I knew a guy so tacti-cool he urinated all over his Polarstar'd Systema.

A Polarstar'd Systema PTW? :a-laugh: I know you're joking, but it would be completely insane to put a Polarstar inside a Systema PTW. That would be completely ridiculous.

A Polarstar'd Systema PTW? :a-laugh: I know you're joking, but it would be completely insane to put a Polarstar inside a Systema PTW. That would be completely ridiculous.

Not joking. He got divorced because he sold his wife's Prius to pay for it.

Because a waste of money is always needed.

Not joking. He got divorced because he sold his wife's Prius to pay for it.

Because a waste of money is always needed.

That's hard to believe. Who in their right mind would buy a Systema PTW and put a P* inside it? Anybody with common sense knows that the two are completely separate systems... I'd purchase a Systema PTW and a P*, but I wouldn't put a P* inside of a Systema PTW. I don't think you can even drop in a P* inside a Systema PTW body.

So I have yet another question... What style(s) of battery would fit in this? It says butterfly type is recommended, however, from youtube reviews (heh) say a stick battery..

A stick type lipo will fit in the buffer tube, because they're smaller. But for a nimh you use a butterfly or nunchuck type battery.

AND STOP DISPROVING MY JOKE IT WAS FUNNY IN ITS OWN RIDICULOUS WAY.