to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
airsoftmatthias

AMM's "Function over Form" Loadout

I just finished my latest loadout. I originally wanted to pull off a Marine Force Recon look, but realized I prefer function over form. I wanted something comfortable and relatively low profile rather than a bulky CIRAS rig. I haven't used it yet, due to uni, but I'll hopefully get a chance to run with it this coming weekend at my airsoft team's practice for an upcoming OP.

I currently run this with M81 Woodland BDUs and MARPAT. Hopefully, I'll eventually pick up some Multicam from Crye Precision.

I must admit, this is a substantial improvement over the eBairsoft RRV that I've run for the past few years. This loadout doesn't flap around when I run and it just feels "solid."

Once I get some good pictures of me wearing everything this weekend, I'll definitely enter it for the winter gun/loadout competition.

What do you think of it?

1625619_654840074561849_110038227_n.jpg

1978832_654840081228515_1801938237_n.jpg

1625619_654840077895182_2081490621_n.jpg

This is the plate carrier kitlist:

Mayflower APC

Mayflower triple magazine insert

Tactical Tailor triple magazine shingle

HSGI Mini EOD Pouch

Emdom PM4 pouch

Specter Gear smoke grenade pouches (2) w/ Valken Thunder B grenades

PIG 2L Hydration Carrier w/ Source 2L bladder secured with ITW Grimlocks (3)

Inserted inside the front, back, and side plate carrier slots are DIY EVA foam plates.

1800268_654840084561848_104484506_n.jpg

This is the 1st line belt kitlist:

HSGI Suregrip belt

HSGI Cobra belt

Tactical Tailor Magna double pistol magazine pouch

Emdom MM dump pouch

ITS ETA Tactical Trauma Kit pouch

Blackhawk SERPA Tactical Holster

Not pictured are:

Emerson Ballistic FAST helmet

ESS Turbofan

Bitter End lower face mask

UA Heatgear Tactical Hood

Blackhawk Warrior Wear Desert Ops boots w/ boot bands

Your setup looks pretty cool.

It might not be an issue for you if you're a taller player but it looks like you could raise your pistol a bit to ride higher, but you'd have to move the utility on your right side or maybe that's why it's set up like that.

When I ran similar PCs, I put foam/cardboard into the magazine insert and pouches so my primary mags sat higher to make it easier to take them out.

What items are you running between your utility and ITS pouches? Maybe you can make do with one and cut your silhouette down.

Looks good. What rifle and pistol do you use?

Thanks! I actually use a KWA KM4-RIS as my primary AEG. It's mostly stock, except for an AWS MOSFET and EdGI 6.01mm tightbore, but I plan on overhauling it soon. Surprisingly, I've never had to shim it or even open the mechbox for the 5-6 years I've had it. It just works without any issues. I run a TM 1911 MEU with a PDI tightbore and Firefly bucking as my secondary.

Your setup looks pretty cool.

It might not be an issue for you if you're a taller player but it looks like you could raise your pistol a bit to ride higher, but you'd have to move the utility on your right side or maybe that's why it's set up like that.

When I ran similar PCs, I put foam/cardboard into the magazine insert and pouches so my primary mags sat higher to make it easier to take them out.

What items are you running between your utility and ITS pouches? Maybe you can make do with one and cut your silhouette down.

Thanks to you as well! I wear my belt above my hip, almost on my waist. As a result, the SERPA straps to the top of my thighs.

I currently have extra batteries and a multitool in the utility pouch. The ITS currently doesn't have anything, but I plan on filling it with first aid supplies since I'm wilderness first aid certified.

Ideally, I wouldn't have any pouches on the side of my PC to increase lateral motion. However, I'm not a huge fan of putting pouches on my chest since I go prone fairly frequently.