Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Did I Damage my Cybergun AK47 RIS?

I was trying to remove the safety sticker from my Cybergun AK47 and it wasn't coming off easily. I tried several different ways to get rid of the sticker residue, and I finally got rid of it. Then I looked at the washcloth I had used, and I noticed dark residue on the washcloth. Uh oh... is this paint?

So I wanted to know... did I damage the paint on my AK? You can watch the YouTube video I made of it, and I think I did...

Cybergun AK Paint Damage?

Did I damage the paint? If I did, what can I do to fix it?

My regards,

Nathan3219

The aeg is useless, the loss of paint will cause a definite 50 fps loss and your hop-up will not be as effective when using .25 or higher bbs.

Good luck if you get $20.00 for it as is. If you want to fix it change to a 8mm gearbox and use gold plated deans now that you are working on it.

I got the AK as a licensed Kalashnikov AK-47 60th Anniversary from amazon on sale for 150 and it works great with high FPS and it looks and feels like the real thing... but the brand must be either soft air or cybergun because those are the only two brands on the box. Sorry for my incompetence... this is my first airsoft gun that I've ever gotten.

Now back to the original post... does anyone know how to fix the paint because I played quite a bit for this gun.

It looks like as if you finely sanded the receiver. What material is the receiver made of? If it's plastic, wiping the area down with someyhing containing acetone (like nail polish remover) might get rid of that shine. Also, Cybergun is a cheap brand. With the amount of money you had in your budget, you could have gotten something more decent like CYMA or G&G AK.