to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Weapondrift

What AntiFog method do you use?

Rather then ask "What the best antifog solution is" I'd rather you guys tell me what you like to use. I have literally spent hundreds of dollars on optics, everything from Smith Optics to Revision's and they all fog. My issue is when I sweat underneath my goggles it creates condensation on the insides of my lenses and washes off the spray and once I wipe...it wipes off everything. So what method do you guys use?

So far I have been using either Quick Spit and/or Fogtech

Edited by Weapondrift

Don't take any advice from people whos faces do not sweat. They do not know what fogging is.

1) deoderant on face

2) RAIN X anti fog wipes on mask inside and both sides of your glasses if you need them. Do not wipe off excess.

3) exhaust fan inside the goggles. Put it up top and make it blow out.

4) wipe down everything and re-apply between rounds.

double pane goggles may help when it is extremely cold, but indoor not so much.

wage peace

Don't take any advice from people whos faces do not sweat. They do not know what fogging is.

1) deoderant on face

2) RAIN X anti fog wipes on mask inside and both sides of your glasses if you need them. Do not wipe off excess.

3) exhaust fan inside the goggles. Put it up top and make it blow out.

4) wipe down everything and re-apply between rounds.

double pane goggles may help when it is extremely cold, but indoor not so much.

wage peace

I have only run into one issue with exhaust fans. If you wear prescription lenses (like I do) the fan essentially mashes down on the Rx Lenses and can cause the Rx lenses to shatter. I have had it happen twice.

I have only run into one issue with exhaust fans. If you wear prescription lenses (like I do) the fan essentially mashes down on the Rx Lenses and can cause the Rx lenses to shatter. I have had it happen twice.

I wear perscription glasses. I have had the JT paintball goggle with the turbo fan, it mounts outside the lense and does not interfere, I have the B2B ACM goggle with built in fan and its fan is outside the goggle, I have a gas mask fan goggle and the fan is in the gas mask cartridge, and I built my own from a DYE goggle and the fan is outside the goggle. No such problems for me.

wage peace

Best anti-fog solution? Either ESS Turbofans or Revision fan goggles with scuba-diving anti-fog gel. The scuba-diving anti-fog gel is designed for keeping scuba masks fog free, which have absolutely no ventilation whatsoever. The fan goggles will provide enough ventilation to remove whatever fog that does appear. Since I purchased my ESS Turbofans, I've never had a fogging issue once I turned the fans on. I sweat profusely and wear a balaclava, which traps moisture, so finding the best anti-fog solution was important.

If you wear glasses, you'll have to definitely go with something with a fan.

I wear perscription glasses. I have had the JT paintball goggle with the turbo fan, it mounts outside the lense and does not interfere, I have the B2B ACM goggle with built in fan and its fan is outside the goggle, I have a gas mask fan goggle and the fan is in the gas mask cartridge, and I built my own from a DYE goggle and the fan is outside the goggle. No such problems for me.

wage peace

Gotcha. I actually have the Haber Elimination fan. It fits perfectly inside my Revision goggles but once I insert my Rx Lenses. That's when the issue occurs.

Gotcha. I actually have the Haber Elimination fan. It fits perfectly inside my Revision goggles but once I insert my Rx Lenses. That's when the issue occurs.

I took the top foam out of my Revisions last night and did a workout in my house with my goggles helmet and balaclava on. About 10% of the fogging I was getting with the foam in.

Tried everything as a high-fogger...I have gone to the ExFog - Yes, I'm partial and it isn't on the market yet, but heading there. It has been field tested and launching a good following on Facebook. If you haven't heard of it, I invite you to check it out. I developed it so it can be used on any goggle, including Low-Pros. Purpose built for Airsofters...