to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
gregman123

AEP or small AEG?

I am going to sell my two GBB pistols as I don't like depending on gas. Would it be wise for me to get an AEP like the JG/Well Scorpion or should I just get a Galaxy MP5k? Also, I've been out of the game for a few years, is the galaxy mp5 still raved about the same these days?

JG/Well Scorpion, Galaxy MP5AK, or something I didn't mention that is cheaper but a great sidearm? No GBB.

Thanks!

Guest alberty

As a sidearm, it would be better to go with an AEP as that would still be a "pistol size". An MP5K is still bulkier than a holstered pistol, though it is a compact AEG overall.

The Galaxy MP5K has been popular as a cheap TM-spec MP5K clone, but if you want an MP5K the more expensive CYMA ones were worth taking a look, as they had better internals and a metal upper receiver.

However, with the recent Hk/Umarex licensing partnership, the market is more restricted now in the US. You won't find as many retailers in the past still carrying the Galaxy MP5K, or other brands of MP5 replicas like Echo 1, Classic Army, JG, etc.

There's two options I can think of that get around this. One is the Cybergun licensed GSG 522 which seems to be OEM by CYMA and retains MP5K compatibility, and there's the Echo 1 SOB series which has a little external differences but also retains MP5K compatibility.

Other than that, check different retailers around and look in the used market.

Edited by alberty

id totally go after the e1 sob2. how many people are gonna have a full metal swordfish mp5k and cool straight mags?

I almost got one last year, but opted for a g&g ebb mp5

if you were really set on an aep I would reccomend the jg mac10. it performs so well that you can use it as a field gun.

im not joking.

the problem with it is that you need to remove material from the battery compartment and rig up a 7.4 cx heli lipo for it. it almost doesnt even work on its stock battery

though I dunno how reliable any aep would be when used as a primary. I dunno how well the sep smg gearbox would hold up to medium to heavy use. its a big risk to take when aep upgrades are expensive, nineballs are hard to find, and because of the gb being so small it is very hard to work on and can be easily messed up

I got a well skorpion once. spent $120 on nineball parts. installed them and poof the gun didnt work anymore no matter what ive tried over the years.

Edited by Zemanova

I am going to sell my two GBB pistols as I don't like depending on gas. Would it be wise for me to get an AEP like the JG/Well Scorpion or should I just get a Galaxy MP5k? Also, I've been out of the game for a few years, is the galaxy mp5 still raved about the same these days?

JG/Well Scorpion, Galaxy MP5AK, or something I didn't mention that is cheaper but a great sidearm? No GBB.

Thanks!

Not criticizing your decision at all... but purely curious, what is it about your playstyle that is driving you away from the GBB's?

I ask because I feel almost the exact opposite, I'm tired of depending on charging batteries and electrical motor issues and might get rid of my AEG's in favor of GBB rifles. I tend to view my MP7 GBB as very nearly the perfect all-round airsoft gun.