Sign in to follow this  
Jeebus Christmas

TM Desert Eagle vs. KWC Full Metal

After several long nights of pondering, window shopping, and a surprising revelation, I've come down to what I've really wanted in an Airsoft GBBP: A very large pistol, with an under-mounted red-dot scope, it will handle like a machine-pistol like so. I tried this combination with my WE CQB Master, and I was shocked at the feeling of ultimate completeness, I had found what I was truly looking for, or at least, the start.

I've been window shopping, and watching YouTube videos left and right about the KWC Full Metal Desert Eagle, and the Tokyo Marui variant. Honestly, with all of this information and opinions in my face, I'm at a loss.

-I have no issues wielding the Desert Eagle's heft, and considering how much equipment I don't carry during an Airsoft war, along with my ownership of a Desert Eagle holster, whining about its weight would not be excusable.

-I plan to use this Airsoft pistol for years to come, I won't be throwing it about, but I'd like it to be at least decently solid...

-I'd be exclusively running duster gas on either of them.

-Budget is not an issue.

Please, help me.

(This was accidentally posted in an incorrect section, previously.)

Seriously now, why do you want to put optics team am. e he ]under[/b] the barrel?

My friend whom I bought the CQB Master from had the same reaction. I've found that a red dot scope, I have a large Swiss Arms one, is more handguard-ish than a vertical grip.

Does it have to be an optic? I know I'm stating the obvious here but you can't exactly see through it under there. Why not just put a large torch like an Insight M6 weapon light? At least that way it would still be functional.

Sorry, I was resting for a while there. It's way too small for my hands.

Optics under a pistol? ummm...okay.

TM, Good...you can get spare parts.

KWC, bad (even your SMG's), throw away guns when they break.

I thought that their Kriss and MP7 models were top of the line, and had backup parts available?

Also, something I'm really not going to be a fan of is ordering a five-dollar spring or hammer, and having to pay forty+ dollars for shipping.

That's KWA you're thinking of.

The only good things to have ever come from KWC are their Pythons, which are essentially TM clones, and their mini Uzi which they built in collaboration with WA. Everything else is pretty much garbage. Can't say for the new ones to come out this year though: CO2 GBB P08 and C96 among others.

That's KWA you're thinking of.

The only good things to have ever come from KWC are their Pythons, which are essentially TM clones, and their mini Uzi which they built in collaboration with WA. Everything else is pretty much garbage. Can't say for the new ones to come out this year though: CO2 GBB P08 and C96 among others.

Unless I'm mistaken, KWA/KWC are sister companies that use the same parts, they're just located in different regions?

Edit: Sorry, I was thinking of KWA and KSC.

Edited by Jeebus Christmas

I'm sorry, but I've read several times, on several boards that the Desert Eagle was the only gun KWC ever did right. I'm going to give the full pot-metal one a chance. Hopefully it'll run on duster gas (I've purchased two propane/duster magazines for it), if not, then we'll see how long it lasts on Co2. Tokyo Marui would've been nice, but I really wasn't excited with import shipping, and buying replacement parts overseas. As I may or may not have said before, I don't want to have to pay five dollars for a hammer spring, then pay thirty-forty dollars for shipping it.

I'll bet half of these KWC models were broken by continued use of it's full-auto capabilities. That's how my friend's broke a few years back, though, that was the plastic one.

Once again, I appreciate the input you guys have given me. I'll likely even do a review of it once it comes in the mail.

post-86235-1396530247_thumb.png

Edited by Jeebus Christmas

You have so much to learn about airosft in MN

You should be on the MAA site more...there are far more resources than buying yourself overseas.

Also...you are being overly simplistic about gas.

Your "Organic" gas mag can hold any type of "organic" gas.

R152

R134A

R122

ET1000

ET1600

ET2200

All are gases you can use and step up in power.

All I can say is you're wasting your money in buying KWC. As a secondary or holster filler it might last you pretty much until you're sick of it and want to sell it off. As a primary or something you use more than just for kicks/intimidation and something will give in short order. Then you'll have to source another unit just to get parts. At least with TM there are after market options for some parts and finding replacements isn't too hard. And your estimate for shipping is express, of course it will be expensive. Using regular mail with tracking shouldn't cost more than $15 for you if it's something small like a spring or even a few internal parts like hammers, triggers etc.

You have so much to learn about airosft in MN

You should be on the MAA site more...there are far more resources than buying yourself overseas.

Also...you are being overly simplistic about gas.

Your "Organic" gas mag can hold any type of "organic" gas.

R152

R134A

R122

ET1000

ET1600

ET2200

All are gases you can use and step up in power.

I'm aware that it can hold the gas, but I'm more concerned about computer duster gas being able to cycle the KWC's full metal slide. Is there any particular reason I'm getting a condescending response from you? Just because I don't lurk about on the MAA site doesn't mean that I haven't looked around for other second-hand options besides RedWolf, or Uncompany.

I'm aware that it can hold the gas, but I'm more concerned about computer duster gas being able to cycle the KWC's full metal slide. Is there any particular reason I'm getting a condescending response from you? Just because I don't lurk about on the MAA site doesn't mean that I haven't looked around for other second-hand options besides RedWolf, or Uncompany.

You're getting a condescending response from Guges and renegadecow because they've been in the airsoft community for a very long time and offered you advice you should have taken. You deliberately ignored their excellent advice, and so they are telling you what to expect.

You should have gotten the TM. KWC never makes anything worthwhile, and the "reviews" you read about the KWC were probably from a fourteen-year-old who has never owned anything else. Guges and renegadecow have owned and seen many guns over the years, so they know what works and what does not work.

I've been airsofting for a while, but I'm not as knowledgable about the guns available like Guges/renegadecow. However, I do know that KWC is a brand that should be avoided at all costs. TMs though are famed for their reliability and performance. I hope you enjoy your KWC, but as history and experience has proved, you probably won't.

I do own a KWC spring pistol, but since it is a spring pistol, I do not expect any worthwhile performance from it. KWC makes great Walmart/:censored2:'s Sporting Goods airsoft guns, but nothing actually worthwhile.

You're getting a condescending response from Guges and renegadecow because they've been in the airsoft community for a very long time and offered you advice you should have taken. You deliberately ignored their excellent advice, and so they are telling you what to expect.

You should have gotten the TM. KWC never makes anything worthwhile, and the "reviews" you read about the KWC were probably from a fourteen-year-old who has never owned anything else. Guges and renegadecow have owned and seen many guns over the years, so they know what works and what does not work.

I've been airsofting for a while, but I'm not as knowledgable about the guns available like Guges/renegadecow. However, I do know that KWC is a brand that should be avoided at all costs. TMs though are famed for their reliability and performance. I hope you enjoy your KWC, but as history and experience has proved, you probably won't.

I do own a KWC spring pistol, but since it is a spring pistol, I do not expect any worthwhile performance from it. KWC makes great Walmart/:censored2:'s Sporting Goods airsoft guns, but nothing actually worthwhile.

If you can find me at least three reviews where a buyer has complained about the full metal version of KWC's Desert Eagle breaking on them, then I'll buy your opinion.

I don't know why you're arguing against us. Why even post for advice then?

We gave you an advice that was totally correct. Well, according to you, not really.

guage, renegade have been through these guns and have been airsofting for a long time. They know what they're talking about.

Even I agree with the TM over the KWC. I have owned 3 TM desert eagle,(2 chrone, 1 black) and their hard recoil kick backs are pretty amazing. I run them on green gas and all of them haven't broke yet. But I barely used them too. TM is one of those companies that have aftermarket parts for EVERYTHING. You can buy a metal slide, you can buy all those parts.

I really don't care if it's Metal lol.. Metal can still break if it's :pain:. Heard of pot metal? They break as easily as plastic too... Just cause it's metal doesn't mean anything if it's poorly made.

And as for performance, Tm will always beat any other brand for pistols. Their hop up system is just superior. Also, you said that budget is not a limit... Apparently it is if you don't want to get the TM from overseas. And you can buy ALL the parts at once with the desert eagle and the shipping will be cheaper.

You only pay an extra $5 for other small parts you order with a gun.

Well, Hope you have fun with the kwc cause the performance is something that will never surpass TM.

I don't know why you're arguing against us. Why even post for advice then?

We gave you an advice that was totally correct. Well, according to you, not really.

guage, renegade have been through these guns and have been airsofting for a long time. They know what they're talking about.

Even I agree with the TM over the KWC. I have owned 3 TM desert eagle,(2 chrone, 1 black) and their hard recoil kick backs are pretty amazing. I run them on green gas and all of them haven't broke yet. But I barely used them too. TM is one of those companies that have aftermarket parts for EVERYTHING. You can buy a metal slide, you can buy all those parts.

I really don't care if it's Metal lol.. Metal can still break if it's :pain:. Heard of pot metal? They break as easily as plastic too... Just cause it's metal doesn't mean anything if it's poorly made.

And as for performance, Tm will always beat any other brand for pistols. Their hop up system is just superior. Also, you said that budget is not a limit... Apparently it is if you don't want to get the TM from overseas. And you can buy ALL the parts at once with the desert eagle and the shipping will be cheaper.

You only pay an extra $5 for other small parts you order with a gun.

Well, Hope you have fun with the kwc cause the performance is something that will never surpass TM.

When did I ever start arguing against the advice given to me? I did refute the statement about the KWC Desert Eagle not lasting long and how "history has proven it". And no, budget is not an issue, but if I'm going to shell out all of that money, I'd quite like to only have to do it once, and get the complete package. Look, I'm really not trying to fight you guys here, and I apologize if that's how I'm coming off. I'll tell you what, I will buy the standard black-finish TM Desert Eagle with my next paycheck, and I'll let you guys know what I like better.

Yuri, if you would be willing to sell me one of your Tokyo Marui Desert Eagles, I'd be more than willing to buy it from you.

Yes, you can get the WHOLE package from overseas too. It's not too hard to look at what parts you need to buy it... Do some researches. It will literally take you like 5 mins to come up with a list of items to buy from overseas and you can have a better pistol than the KWC.

The thing is, we gave you a good advice yet you want to go for something that's not worth it.

With the money you spend, you can get a TM which is like 2 times better. But at the end, it's your choice on what you want to get. The kwc will break and so will the TM. However, out of the two, the tm will perform better and have more upgrades/aftermarket parts where you can replace the broken ones.

And as for my deagles, they're not for sale. Sorry.

> as Guges said, we have helped lots of people here and answering the same question can be a bit annoying at times. Hence why we might sound pretty harsh at times.

Edited by Loveyuri

I am honestly trying to help you save your money by not wasting it on low end unsupported products. What your doing is not new, 1000's of Airsofters have learned from their mistakes so you don't need to do them again. Unless you really want to.

If you would have lurked around the MAA site, we would have told you the same thing and we would have told you how to by a TM spring for 8.00 shipped instead of assuming it would cost you 40.00 for shipping. One advantage of the MAA site is that we have a deep supply of parts for the "good" repairable/upgradeable airsoft items. Even hard to find parts.

If you can find me at least three reviews where a buyer has complained about the full metal version of KWC's Desert Eagle breaking on them, then I'll buy your opinion.

^That is an unrealistic expectation of American Consumerism. It does not apply to Airsoft. Considering item in this industry have no warrantees and are sold pretty much as is.

All reviews are going to be by people that "own" it and think it's great. The people that know better will not bother with a negative review:

1. They aren't going to waste money on junk just to say how bad it is.

2. Any attempt at trying to post negative reviews on the major retailer sites get censored. (They don't want the crap either, they want your money instead, so they will embellish on the marketing)

3. Price point. Good items do not come cheap.

4. Spare accessories like magazine. Do they sell them as spare or not? If not..."Red Flag", big honking, deep communist RED, taking 1000 comrades to wave, red flag!

And if you think I may sound condescending...sure...it may come across that way a bit in text. But, you don't hear the exasperation of decades of repeating the same thing over and over in trying to help people buy the right thing the first time. Even you yourself realize that you now have a KWC and not a KSC, which is of a higher quality. But, your KWC SMG is a one-off of a J-Model KSC. But, not a KJW that is like a TM where you can mod, fix and upgrade it. Unlike a WE which is like a KJW as it is being a clone, but some WE's are really cheap, but not all WE are WE. Some are 3HK which is a good clone, but not like a Stark, which is partially owned by VFC, but VFC has nothing to do with actually making pistols and are not completely TM compatible. And then there are a handful of other Taiwan and China (though not officially in China because Airsoft is illegal there and it's called Gas Gun) that will make things under contract mostly for Cybergun because they are cheap. But, their guns are not cheap, just cheap in construction, but very high in price in some cases like a Japanese maker like Western Arms, Maruzen, Marushin, Tanaka and of course TM. Which are restricted to a low pressure system, unlike the Taiwan pistols that can use a high pressure system, thus the adaptation of NS2 for KWA. Other companies just beef up the part or loosen the tolerances to handle high pressure needs of American Airsofters..."and so on and so one..." - Eddie Izzard

If your slighted, I'm sorry. But, some of us just know a bit about Airsoft and well...I just don't want mis-information to spread like a cold at a day care. So, I will mind dump a bunch of data in as short of a period of time as possible just to get the facts out there. Because, I care and when I see a kid sitting on the side lines at the field because, they have something that broke or "upgraded" something improperly. I will take my play time and shelve it, so I can fix their crappy gun or at least jury rig it for a game or two.

And actually sticking around for so long when others that I know of my generation have given up on the "dumb little poo poo heads" (guess who that is on the MAA Boards) and don't care any more...my comments can get a bit dull in the sensitivity department.

I bought one on a whim when I had a 102 fever, it busted and got stuck on full auto only before I even got to use it for one joke round at my local CQB field. The sear based construction of the thing is archaic, and so are the mags. You have to either use the weird push tube or hand load bbs as you can't speedload or do standard push down follower/ insert in bottom gap loading

TM does however produce in batches, so items may go out of stock for a few months. And this is their current batch of items queuing up for production. MArch to May. Why the Famas SV in it's 1990's form gawd only knows...but the MK23 is back!

AEG

FA-MAS SV ¥24,800 5 Late March

AK-47 ¥31,800 5 Early May

FA-MAS ¥24,800 5 Late April

PSG-1 ¥54,800 3 Early May

Steyr Aug ¥29,800 5 Mid May

Thompson M1A1 ¥35,800 5 Late April

P-90 TR ¥29,800 5 Late May

MP5A5 HG ¥25,800 5 Late March

MP5A4 HG ¥25,800 5 Late April

SIG 552 Seals ¥29,800 5 Early April

M14 Wood Stock ¥45,800 3 Early April

M14 Fiber Stock ¥45,800 3 Early April

New M4A1 Carbine ¥34,800 5 Early May

New P-90 ¥29,800 5 Late May

Type89 Folding Stock Ver. ¥49,800 4 Early April

M933 Command ¥34,800 5 Late April

HC AEG

AK HC ¥34,800 5 Late March

PS90 HC ¥34,800 5 Early April

MP5K HC ¥29,800 5 Early May

Gas Blow Back Pistol

M92F Military ¥12,800 12 Late March

Socom MK23 ¥15,800 8 Early April

M1911 Government ¥16,800 12 Late Mar

Hi-Capa Dual Stainless ¥16,800 12 Early April

M.E.U. Pistol ¥17,800 12 Mid April

Desert Eagle 50AE 10inch ¥16,800 10 Early May

Gas Gun

MP7A1 ¥32,800 6 Late March

M870 Shot Gun ¥34,800 4 Mid April

M320A1 ¥27,800 6 Late May

Electric Gun

MP7A1 ¥28,800 8 Mid April

Bolt Action

VSR-10 Pro Desert ¥19,800 6 Early April

Electric Pistol

M93R ¥14,800 12 Early April

USP ¥13,800 12 Late Mar

M9A1 ¥15,800 12 Early May

Next Gen AEG

AK102 ¥49,800 4 Late March

G36K ¥49,800 4 Late March

SCAR-L (Black) ¥59,800 4 Early May

SCAR- L(F.D.E.) ¥59,800 4 Late May

The hard kick model is the current iteration of TMs Desert Eagle and AFAIK is still being made and sold.

Alright, next paycheck I get will more than likely land me a TM.

Now, I've noticed that TM produces a ten-inch barrel variant DE50. I don't suppose that's just a change made for looks, is it?