Sign in to follow this  
SgNomad

Gbbs that arent aegs and guns that arent in airsoft

Why aren't some gas rifles not aegs? For example the KRISS Vector. That gun would be a amazing AEG and be 100-150$ cheaper or more. Since the AEG is the most popular type of airsoft gun I think many people would buy it. Also why are some real steel guns not been made into airsoft yet? Take the Ak12 and the Taurus MT-9 G2. Yes I know the Taurus is not known but I suppose it could be a cooler varient of the mp5. I also think some of the foreign weapons like the MSMC and other guns could gain much popularitywithin aairsoft.

Why aren't some gas rifles not aegs? For example the KRISS Vector. That gun would be a amazing AEG and be 100-150$ cheaper or more. Since the AEG is the most popular type of airsoft gun I think many people would buy it. Also why are some real steel guns not been made into airsoft yet? Take the Ak12 and the Taurus MT-9 G2. Yes I know the Taurus is not known but I suppose it could be a cooler varient of the mp5. I also think some of the foreign weapons like the MSMC and other guns could gain much popularitywithin aairsoft.

The market is growing, but still fairly small. No company that makes airsoft guns is going to even attempt to make all possible variants of all kinds of guns. They'd go bankrupt in a week.

As for why a particular gun isn't there, the only answer I can give is that there hasn't been enough demand for it, or at the very least, the decision makers at these companies think that there isn't enough demand.

Edited by Daishain

Some things are better left un-AEGed in this world, especially the KRISS. Anyways, kwa wouldn't be making it, I believe Krytac would. Maybe?

Now think about it. How cool would it be to be able to have a KRISS without any of the o ring issues or expensive mags or expensive upgrades in general. How cool would it be if you could just go out and buy one for 225-260$ and have all of the AEG upgrades available already? I think it would one awesome thing to see. Heck if a goodish company like g&g made it would be evencheaper. But lower quality. Now think if g&p made it. Complete awesomeness in airsoft.

I can see it now, an electric KRISS...

I can also see it being like the cheapo Tavors, and within a month I see myself curb stomping it and lighting the damn thing on fire.

Now think about it. How cool would it be to be able to have a KRISS without any of the o ring issues or expensive mags or expensive upgrades in general. How cool would it be if you could just go out and buy one for 225-260$ and have all of the AEG upgrades available already? I think it would one awesome thing to see. Heck if a goodish company like g&g made it would be evencheaper. But lower quality. Now think if g&p made it. Complete awesomeness in airsoft.

And why would you "assume" it would be cheaper just because it's an AEG?

AEG's with Magpul on them already command a ~15% premium due to MAGPUL licensing requirements.

VFC are at a 10% premium due to "perceived" quality.

Plus if it was in the 260.00 retail price point...I would not buy it. That means it would be in the class of a mid-level production AEG.

Take the Ak12 and the Taurus MT-9 G2.

The AK-12, last I heard, hadn't officially phased out the old inventory of AK-74's (which the AN-94 was supposed to do about twenty years ago as well), so I doubt it'll be in AEG form just yet since making an airsoft gun based on a gun that hasn't been formally adopted yet isn't the smartest gamble (XM8, anyone?). The Taurus is also still very new and hadn't quite caught on yet unless the next CoDfish games feature it.

Guest alberty
And where/what gearbox would fit in a KRISS? The system leaves room for the bolt and lower components in the real deal, hence why it was created into a GBB.

Agreed, would end up being a proprietary gearbox, possibly including a major design flaw.

Fits an MP7 gearbox, if a 300fps ceiling is ok with you.

The mp7 gearbox would be much too small and I doubt anyone would want 260 fps out of the box, sure you can hit that 300 mark but that's after upgrades and proper compression issues are fixed.

Well they make a custom gearbox where the parts are spread further apart or in a different configuration. They could make the lower recevier a bit longer to house a custom gear box. But then it wouldn't be "completely accurate" to the real thing and also couldn't they just have magpul make it and then be 300-350$ just so it doesn't seem intermediate. Also I don't think a tar is really that bad. Get past the hassle to disassemble and some things not being upgradable its actually a really good gun with the upgrades you could put into it

Guest alberty
Well they make a custom gearbox where the parts are spread further apart or in a different configuration. They could make the lower recevier a bit longer to house a custom gear box. But then it wouldn't be "completely accurate" to the real thing and also couldn't they just have magpul make it and then be 300-350$ just so it doesn't seem intermediate. Also I don't think a tar is really that bad. Get past the hassle to disassemble and some things not being upgradable its actually a really good gun with the upgrades you could put into it

"Make a custom gearbox" isn't as simple as "Let me design this, okay we're done now start making thousands of them."

To fit in such a small body, you would have to engineer a custom gearbox to fit in there. As renegadecow mentioned in a previous post, current AEG part sizes are little big consider the size of SMGs/PDWs, even the Kriss Vector, so most likely it ends up as a TM-type AEP gearbox, or it is something completely proprietary. And if you get proprietary, that means you're stuck buying specific parts, or stuck entirely if you can't get an OEM replacement or aftermarket upgrade for a certain part.

Magpul doesn't make any airsoft guns. Their name was associated with "PTS" for a while, but it's PTS/Ares making the Magpul licensed models. Magpul PTS AEGs have a high price, such as the Masada, but most people don't think it's actually worth that cost from technical experience with them.

Edited by alberty

I can't tell if you're another Codsofter with ideas or you actually want to see these made into AEGs.

I like AEGS, I hate GBB rifles, I like the KRISS vector, but I don't want to see it in an AEG form, simply because it won't work. Some stuff is better left alone. I've never even heard of the Taurus, is it a shotgun?

That said, if the AK-12 gets a bit more popular, I wouldn't mind seeing one.

Right now, like the posters above,making every variant of every gun isn't feasible, if the Taurus is like an MP5, why not just buy an MP5?

this thread reminds me of how psyched I was waiting for the groza and then it coming out as a gbb.

I was like FFFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

I don't do gas guns. too much bs with seals, o-rings, mags, and having to have gas. a non renewable energy source unlike charging a battery

Guest alberty
this thread reminds me of how psyched I was waiting for the groza and then it coming out as a gbb.

I was like FFFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

I don't do gas guns. too much bs with seals, o-rings, mags, and having to have gas. a non renewable energy source unlike charging a battery

I agree, I personally don't like dealing with gas guns, and would have loved to see good AEG versions of certain guns out there. Of course, technology restraints and engineering difficulties come in to it.

I can't tell if you're another Codsofter with ideas or you actually want to see these made into AEGs.

I like AEGS, I hate GBB rifles, I like the KRISS vector, but I don't want to see it in an AEG form, simply because it won't work. Some stuff is better left alone. I've never even heard of the Taurus, is it a shotgun?

That said, if the AK-12 gets a bit more popular, I wouldn't mind seeing one.

Right now, like the posters above,making every variant of every gun isn't feasible, if the Taurus is like an MP5, why not just buy an MP5?

Yes I do want to see some guns made proper aegs put I guess some just can't. The codsofter ststment does remind me of the ps1 GameCube days tho

Some guns are just better gas.

THIS is the best truth out there. There are still guns on the market that I won't buy just because the gas version would be so much better in my opinion.

That being said there are also guns where the electric version is better. It's a few, but they are there.

One more note, the Gamecube makes me feel as old as Guges, because people no longer know about it. I still prefer the Gameboy over a DS. :a-laugh:

doesnt the whole polar star drop in thing make gas rifles sort of obsolete? the p* takes the whole expensive gas mags part right out of the equation of the gas rifle.

I honestly don't know why youd ever buy a gas rifle when if you wanted to you could get an aeg and the p* drop in for it and if you mod where the gas line comes out the right way, you could potentially be able to swap back and forth between gas and electric in the same gun at will

I get that the whole gbbr thing is pretty realistic, but its not real. its airsoft. most of the enjoyment youll get out of the realism of the gbbr will be for yourself and will be lost on other players. team mates and opposing team members will not care or will not take enough time to notice you have a gbbr when your gun shoots bb's in the same fashion as everyone elses aeg's and p*'s. the most people will notice is how nice/realistic your gun looks externally because thats what they see and seeing is usually what happens first

this is only my opinion, but do you really think the guy with the real sword ak really gives a flying f*** about the one dude with the ghk ak?. im the guy with the real sword and I don't care about ghk's. I don't care if theyre all steel, if they look exactly like the real thing, or if they are even made with gutted real steel externals. I don't know if a ghk is made of a gutted real ak, but I know my real sword is AND ITS ELECTRIC. im glad the rs ak isnt a gbbr

im never going to bother with p* either. tank, gas mag, or co2 cartridge. gas is gas is gas, and thats why I also have aeps.

I wont completely crap on gas guns. I just think that the only time an airsoft gun should EXCLUSIVELY only be a gas gun is IF its impossible to fit ANY sort of gearbox into the externals to have an electric version of it

like for the groza I mentioned. ive often wondered if they coulda fit a type 97 style gearbox into the receiver and top cover space, then used the upper handguard area for battery storage. I mightve even been able to deal with an odd stock situation that covers up the v3 motor like the smokeys bullpup ak kit

Edited by Zemanova

most of the enjoyment youll get out of the realism of the gbbr will be for yourself and will be lost on other players.

Why yes, the reason why I roll with a GBBR and play airsoft is to impress others. Never mind the tactile realism of its feeding and firing mechanism or feeling the recoil on my shoulder, I want them to see my arm jiggling around while I play.

The AK-12, last I heard, hadn't officially phased out the old inventory of AK-74's (which the AN-94 was supposed to do about twenty years ago as well), so I doubt it'll be in AEG form just yet since making an airsoft gun based on a gun that hasn't been formally adopted yet isn't the smartest gamble (XM8, anyone?). The Taurus is also still very new and hadn't quite caught on yet unless the next CoDfish games feature it.

The Russian military is not, and will not be purchasing/issuing any AK12s. izhmash might still export them if they can find a market / stay afloat.otherwise, yeah, its going tge way of the xm8