Sign in to follow this  
Scarlet-Impaler

O Shapes Motor Connectors

Hello,

Sorry if these seems like a stupid question....

I recently got myself a G&P V2 Gearbox, and the motor connectors have this "O" Shape to them, as opposed to the normal "L" shaped ones that slip on over prongs from the motor.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/gandp-switch-as...ml#.U1W8onVdX1E

I found this here, and these are the type of connectors I'm speaking of, and it says under details: "Suitable for G&P Motor Only"

I looked at other G&P motors online and they all seem to have the standard prongs to accept the "L" shaped slip on connectors. What do I need to do here, and/or what motors do I need to for?

Thank you!

G&P motors have the option to use the prong (with the L shaped spade connector) or you can use a ring terminal and screw the wire into the motor.

If you have a motor that is not a G&P, you need to get a wire set that has L shaped spade connectors.

G&P motors have the option to use the prong (with the L shaped spade connector) or you can use a ring terminal and screw the wire into the motor.

If you have a motor that is not a G&P, you need to get a wire set that has L shaped spade connectors.

Thanks, any links to where I can find a "ring terminal", and a possible how-to?

Thanks, any links to where I can find a "ring terminal", and a possible how-to?

Honestly, this is basic wiring technique. If you have to ask, then I suggest you do the basics on something else other than your AEG wiring.

Start by going to your hardware store and asking the people there for scrap wire and ring coonectors...tell them your new to wiring and soldering...they maybe able to help.

Otherwise...have you tried the internet? Wire Stripping and Connector Crimping 101