to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
pdubs

Help building full loadout - Crusader

Hey all,

What I need help with today is finding accessories and equipment that will go with a helmet I was given recently.

post-87645-1398137938_thumb.jpg

I want to make a loadout centered around a "crusades" or "Paladin" theme. My callsign has always been Paladin anyways, figured I might start looking the part.

I need recommendations on where to get:

Custom Patches

Vest/BDUs (that would work well with it)

What material I would use to paint/mark my gear with precision

Primary and Secondary weapon recommendations.

Edited by pdubs

I'm assuming that you want to keep the bronze with turquoise motif? White with red or white with black are more traditional crusader color combinations, but are going to be horrible on the field.

BDUs and vests are going to be tricky. Camo doesn't mesh well, and the only solid colors I've seen them come in are black, OD, and a couple variants of brown. Coyote brown woudn't be too far off, but I think you might be better off dying it.

In terms of vest design and loadout, I might suggest a replica IOTV including the extra attachments, groin, shoulder pads, etc. It looks a bit like plate armor that way. Keep the majority of bulky pouches at your side or back.

If there are any fields around that allow for the use of shields, you could always expand on the theme by going for a tower shield and heavy pistol/one handed smg combination. Paint/emboss the shield to match up with the mask.

Edited by Daishain

I'm assuming that you want to keep the bronze with turquoise motif? White with red or white with black are more traditional crusader color combinations, but are going to be horrible on the field.

BDUs and vests are going to be tricky. Camo doesn't mesh well, and the only solid colors I've seen them come in are black, OD, and a couple variants of brown. Coyote brown woudn't be too far off, but I think you might be better off dying it.

In terms of vest design and loadout, I might suggest a replica IOTV including the extra attachments, groin, shoulder pads, etc. It looks a bit like plate armor that way. Keep the majority of bulky pouches at your side or back.

If there are any fields around that allow for the use of shields, you could always expand on the theme by going for a tower shield and heavy pistol/one handed smg combination. Paint/emboss the shield to match up with the mask.

It's more of a gunmetal grey, not the best picture, I'm aware.

On the IOTV, I can't find any that look even slightly similiar. I was thinking I could get a set of grey motorcycle armor and dye/paint it then add a belt rig.... My field DOES let us play juggernaut....

I like the idea of a shield. Any clue where I could find one?

It's more of a gunmetal grey, not the best picture, I'm aware.

On the IOTV, I can't find any that look even slightly similiar. I was thinking I could get a set of grey motorcycle armor and dye/paint it then add a belt rig.... My field DOES let us play juggernaut....

I like the idea of a shield. Any clue where I could find one?

Yeah, motorcycle armor would work better. I was trying to think of a means to get replica armor suitable for airsoft without paying a premium for custom work, and failing.

Evike and Airsplat both sell riot shields. You can also get them from various suppliers to law enforcement. Actual bullet proof shields are available, but extremely expensive for this purpose, and quite heavy. Problem with the riot shield style is that the vast majority are almost entirely clear, which doesn't quite work for this from a looks standpoint. You can always paint over them, but most people, myself included, would say that this is a waste of expensive Lexan.

If you're decent with craft work, I'd actually suggest going a different route and making your own shield. Much cheaper, and you can get it to have the size, shape, and looks you want with less fuss. One of the better looking DIY shields I've seen had two layers of shaped cardboard wrapped in duct tape and then covered with a tightly fitted thick OD green cloth. There was a simple window cutout at the top with plexiglass inserted, as well as a handle and velcro armband attached to the back. I think it also had some bent metal rods running around the edges in between the layers for added stiffness. In your case, I might suggest ditching the cloth, and covering the shield in a layer of liquid rubber, which you then hit with metallic paint.

Alternatively, you could start off with a functional replica shield, like this one http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-1734...ite-shield.aspx The kite shield type is closer to true crusader style, but the tower or scutum shield type http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-2243...tum-shield.aspx would be more functional for use on an airsoft field. Bear in mind that the replicas are likely to be fairly heavy, not so heavy that they can't be used of course, but it is a factor.

Edited by Daishain

Yeah, motorcycle armor would work better. I was trying to think of a means to get replica armor suitable for airsoft without paying a premium for custom work, and failing.

Evike and Airsplat both sell riot shields. You can also get them from various suppliers to law enforcement. Actual bullet proof shields are available, but extremely expensive for this purpose, and quite heavy. Problem with the riot shield style is that the vast majority are almost entirely clear, which doesn't quite work for this from a looks standpoint. You can always paint over them, but most people, myself included, would say that this is a waste of expensive Lexan.

If you're decent with craft work, I'd actually suggest going a different route and making your own shield. Much cheaper, and you can get it to have the size, shape, and looks you want with less fuss. One of the better looking DIY shields I've seen had two layers of shaped cardboard wrapped in duct tape and then covered with a tightly fitted thick OD green cloth. There was a simple window cutout at the top with plexiglass inserted, as well as a handle and velcro armband attached to the back. I think it also had some bent metal rods running around the edges in between the layers for added stiffness. In your case, I might suggest ditching the cloth, and covering the shield in a layer of liquid rubber, which you then hit with metallic paint.

Alternatively, you could start off with a functional replica shield, like this one http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-1734...ite-shield.aspx The kite shield type is closer to true crusader style, but the tower or scutum shield type http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-2243...tum-shield.aspx would be more functional for use on an airsoft field. Bear in mind that the replicas are likely to be fairly heavy, not so heavy that they can't be used of course, but it is a factor.

Yea I like the idea of motorcycle armor alot. I've just remembered I can get sheet metal, think I'll try making my own. That or wood.

I'm thinking either a KWA MP7/9, or a Skorpian for my sidearm. I don't know exactly what I want seeing as I've only ever had ARs