Sign in to follow this  
ninovoa

$200 Dollar budget gun for a friend

My friend recently asked me to put together a rifle for him under $200. This is what I plan on getting him

G&G Challenge Kit wired to the rear

G&P Barrel assembly

Handguards

G&P Nunchuck Battery

Tenergy Smart Charger

I may need to buy a weaker spring but I don't know for sure yet

------------------------------------------------

That's what I plan on purchasing however I plan on doing some internal work on the gun as well including:

-Regreasing and shimming

-R-hop (Got plenty of source material from my Bar-10 :a-wink: )

-Cylinder polishing

-AOE Correction

-Silicone Dampner Link

-Possibly a mosfet (Still gotta learn about these)

-Barrel polishing

-------------------------------------------------

My goals are to make an all-around gun that is:

Is cost Effective

Good quality

Has consistent fps (Accuracy)

Low FPS (350 for CQB)

Some feedback on this setup would be greatly appreciated :a-grin:

In order to make this post less boring: here is a picture of my 1911 for your enjoyment :)

osxmC4r.jpg

Guest alberty

If you're going to put together a sort of M4A1 look, why not just get one of the G&Gs that is already in the M4A1 configuration instead of having to buy and assemble the externals separately?

If you're going to put together a sort of M4A1 look, why not just get one of the G&Gs that is already in the M4A1 configuration instead of having to buy and assemble the externals separately?

This is true however the gun assembled would cost a tad ($170 vs $150) more than it would unassembled (Link). I also figured that a G&P outer barrel was probably nicer quality than the G&G one, so why not.

Apart from that does everything else sound good? Is G&G pretty much an acceptable choice? Are there any other mods/upgrades I should look in to?

You're not taking into account the labor involved in putting everything together. For what its worth the complete gun still comes out cheaper. The G&P barrel might be of better quality but only marginally as it's still made of aluminum. You can put that money to better use like for good eye protection, optics, mosfet or a lipo battery and charger. For CQB an R-hop isn't necessary. It will perform similarly to even a stock hop rubber within 30m.

Guest alberty
This is true however the gun assembled would cost a tad ($170 vs $150) more than it would unassembled (Link). I also figured that a G&P outer barrel was probably nicer quality than the G&G one, so why not.

Apart from that does everything else sound good? Is G&G pretty much an acceptable choice? Are there any other mods/upgrades I should look in to?

G&G is fine.

I would still suggest putting in the small extra $20 to get a factory-built complete M4A1. Like renegadecow said, that $20 then factors into you have to assemble all of that.

Another note from me: if you are getting an aftermarket front assembly, there's always a small chance that it might not fit with the rest of your gun without modification. For example, is the G&P mock gas tube thicker than the G&G mock gas tube? Is the body-side end of the G&P outer barrel too thick for going into the G&G upper receiver? Will the G&P delta ring thread on completely on the G&G upper receiver?

Those minor possible problems could cause you a ton of work in modifying things to fit, or ditching them to buy new parts again. In my opinion, I would throw in $20 to stick with the gun that is already fully complete, guaranteeing I won't have any fitting issues as the parts would be all meant for each other and already assembled to prove that.

Edited by alberty

There isn't much that I can add that hasn't already been said.

Just curious, but why G&G? Combat Machines are notorious for being terrible bases if you intend on upgrading the internals. You can purchase a KWA CQR for under $200, which will have more potential for gearbox upgrades, even factoring in the proprietary nozzle/hop-up/cylinder head.

There isn't much that I can add that hasn't already been said.

Just curious, but why G&G? Combat Machines are notorious for being terrible bases if you intend on upgrading the internals. You can purchase a KWA CQR for under $200, which will have more potential for gearbox upgrades, even factoring in the proprietary nozzle/hop-up/cylinder head.

who said the CM are terrible bases? quite the opposite. they have a strong shell and decent stock gears. onlything I worried about in mine is the piston which works well if its untouched. if you are upgrading the internals itll be swapped anyway

Ill say they are terrible bases, especially the Challenge Kit units.

The stock shell is weak if it is the Pneumo version.

The stock shell is "nothing" special without the pneumo modifications.

The Receiver does not play well with G&P and as Noted by the listing (only 100% compatible with G&G and TM items...). As mentioned GAS tube needs to be forced into a G&G receiver. Not to mention the threading and barrel nut don't seat all the way together.

Your battery selection is pretty bad too. I would get a better HIGH DISCHARGE pack and a B6/Hota Charger instead of the overprice limited use Tenergy Unit.

Edited by Guges Mk3