Quebec

Highly-specific and insane request

[uPDATE] I recently got an extra $15 to my funds, so, still being a very small amount of money, by budget is around $35.

Hello, I am a member of a local MILSIM group in Wyoming. We're small, but, it's still a fun time.

Anyways, we entered a tri-state tournament, and a new rule is that every member must have a primary weapon and secondary sidearm. The sidearm MUST be partial to full-metal and be at least semi-automatic (springs are disqualified).

-ACCEPTED-

Revolvers

Mouseguns/very small sidearms

Electric sidearms (batteries are fine)

Gas sidearms (CO2 or Green)

Shotguns (length must be < 1 ft.)

Fully-automatic sidearms

-DISQUALIFIED-

Shotguns > 1 ft.

Spring weapons of any kind

SMGs/PDWs (machine pistols like Mini-UZI, MAC-11, Skorpion, etc. are acceptable)

I have several PDWs and assault rifles, but my small collection if pistols are all springs. I need a nice-looking pistol, and hopefully soon. However, I have a large problem.

My budget is $35.00 at the very max. I'm really tight on cash, and I'm really hoping to order one online since I don't live near many sporting outlets. Free/low-cost shipping would be great.

I know this is an impossible request and probably won't come up with any answers, but, I'm giving it a shot.

-ALL SPECS-

[Type] - For pistol: Electric or Gas | For shotgun: Any (must be metal)

[Material] - Partial/full-metal (full if possible, difficult with the price)

[Firing mode] - Semi-auto (full auto is great, but also difficult with the price)

[FPS] Doesn't really matter, will only be used for close-range.

[Manufacturer] - Any, hopefully with good reviews.

[Price] - $35.00 would be the max, I'm very low on money at the moment, hence the issue. (This doesn't include shipping costs, but if possible, Gun + Shipping < $25 is perfect)

[Website] - Whatever can get it to me the cheapest. Also nice reviews.

Like I said, this is near impossible. But if you have ANY sidearm under these specifications, PLEASE post it. I don't care what it is.

Thanks for taking the time to read such a ridiculous request. Hopefully I won't have to rent one.

Again, thanks!

Edited by 7.62x51mm

What do they have against the FN 5-7? One of the most outstanding pistols in my armory.

Also, at $25 you have zero luck.

And they allow revolvers but need to be semi-automatic? Nobody's made a Mateba Unica 6 or a Webley-Fosbery as far as I know. If DA NBBs are allowable you might be able to find a Y&P Mk23 but that's all plastic just like the TM original.

Edited by renegadecow

What do they have against the FN 5-7? One of the most outstanding pistols in my armory.

Also, at $25 you have zero luck.

And they allow revolvers but need to be semi-automatic? Nobody's made a Mateba Unica 6 or a Webley-Fosbery as far as I know. If DA NBBs are allowable you might be able to find a Y&P Mk23 but that's all plastic just like the TM original.

Apparently they want it to be as "realistic as possible", claiming that modern militaries issue their troops true-semi-auto revolvers and pistols. Doesn't make sense to me either, but, those are the rules.

Also, thanks for being honest.

Found these: http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/1618-stti-...ter-pistol.aspx

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/4093-HG-10...stol-Black.aspx

Think they're worth the buy? Obviously, they're both plastic other than a few parts. Some of the members of the other teams say that partial-metal means a metal slide, others say that it means it must have some metal parts. Going to take your advice and argue as to how far "partially metal" can go.

Thanks!

The HFC is actually a decent little plinker, just didn't want to suggest it as it doesn't quite fit the bill for milsim except maybe as an opfor aka bad guy. The STTI may very well be a Y&P as a lot of their products are (STTI only rebrands). If that's the case then it would at least be as reliable as their M9 and Mk23. Well enough to keep you afloat long enough to get a decent GBB at least.

Edited by renegadecow

The HFC is actually a decent little plinker, just didn't want to suggest it as it doesn't quite fit the bill for milsim except maybe as an opfor aka bad guy. The STTI may very well be a Y&P as a lot of their products are (STTI only rebrands). If that's the case then it would at least be as reliable as their M9 and Mk23. Well enough to keep you afloat long enough to get a decent GBB at least.

I called them up, and they agreed to a plastic pistol so long as it is pure-semi-auto.

With that, I found these: http://www.walmart.com/ip/HK-USP-CO2-Airso.../17133156\

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Umarex-XBG-CO2-Pistol/20931845

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ruger-P345PR-CO2...-Black/15137020

I don't suppose any of them have a metal slide, but, I do love the CO2, and for the price. Obviously, though, quality might be a problem. If you have a review for it, I'd love to check it out.

Think they're good?

((UPDATE: I recently just got paid $10 for mowing my neighbor's lawn, so, I guess the max price right now is around $35 (really would prefer less, though. Don't wanna spend all of my money on airsoft.)))

Also, with the new info that plastics are not banned, I'd be willing to look into a plastic revolver (preferably gas, have yet to see an electric revolver, though)

If you guys have any, please let me know.

Edited by 7.62x51mm

Any TM spring pistol would be fine for your budget. You will not find any reliable gas blowback pistols for your price range. Electric blow back isn't good at that price range either.

Springs are disqualified. I don't mind them at all, but, my airsoft team does.

Reliable, as stupid as it sounds, isn't an issue. I really only am going to use it this one time until I can get a better one. CQB purposes only, FPS doesn't matter a bit.

You might get a fairly decent NBB automatic for cheap, but the same can't be said for revolvers unfortunately. Cheapest you could go (still over $50 though) are HFC but the die soon enough.

Thing is, what you buy now will more than likely be shelved due to something breaking. I'd suggest paying a bit more now (borrow money from your parents) for a good pistol so the $35 you have won't be wasted. There's a Mk23 on Amazon for $39 and $7 shipping.

Borrow money, borrow a side arm, or skip this event.

Short of a seller f***ing up and listing a piece for a less than half its MSRP (ever so slightly unlikely), you will be wasting your money on anything you can get at that price.

Well guys, I appreciate all of the feedback, means a lot to me that you guys take the time for such a small thing.

Anyways, with the results I've seen, this request is near impossible. One of my friends lent me his WE Beretta 92FS. Check it out here if you want:

At least now I have a good idea of what a dedicated, realistic, reliable sidearm will be like. Again, I appreciate the feedback, and it was fun talking with you guys.

If you do come across something that fits these specifications, please let me know. I still do need one, and something like this for the price would save me some cash.

Thanks!

Looks nice, I'd definitely get it, but every site says its spring. I saw this:
(KhanSeb, he's my favorite), and he's firing semi-auto.

Did he modify it? Or are these retailers just inaccurate?

No, that hasn't been modified, and the retailers are correct.

The Gindan series is fairly unique, they are semi auto spring pistols, the only ones I am aware of. They have a double action trigger that releases the spring and then pulls it back in the same motion. Frankly, it makes for a very poor skirmish weapon (very low power and ROF, and the extra trigger resistance fouls accuracy), but it does do much better than other options in the same price range.

I would have mentioned it, but you said all spring pistols were disqualified, not just the non semi auto.

P.S. Some purists may argue that it is not technically semi-auto, since the system does not reset on its own. It qualifies as far as I am concerned, since the fire and reset actions are bundled together rather than being a seperate motion.

Edited by Daishain