hanyo66

Should There Be An Airsoft Video Game?

Airsoft Video Games  

891 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that there should be an Airsoft video game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I'm against it because it would get more ignorant little kids into the sport which leads to the banning of the sport.

agreed. the aspect of making your gun you have in real life in the game would be cool. but most people (including me) would rather kill someone in a game than hit them with 6mm plastic bbs.

A game about airsoft would pretty much be another America's army or Operation Flashpoint.

If there was going to be a game made on airsoft, then the game would be a normal shooting-type game, but with an airsoft mod included.

There's already an airsoft mod for Counter Strike I think.

oh /THOU SHALT NOT USE MY NAME IN VAIN/ no, *ack* whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whyyyyyyyyyyy lower airsoft to that levvel to *sob* thats one of the reasons why I stopped paintballjava script:add_smilie(%22:flush:%22,%22smid_103%22)

can you not say /THOU SHALT NOT USE MY NAME IN VAIN/?

Edited by KAG8893

Guest Classic-Ill
:a-censored: no airsoft is a fun game but not good for a platform game

Pretty sure most online FPS have a custom game option for "One hit kills" isn't that EXACTLY what airsoft already is? Hm.

I think there should be one.

For all of you saying it's a simulation of a simulation and you could just go out and play. What about the kid's who's parents won't let them play airsoft.

For all of you saying it's a simulation of a simulation and you could just go out and play. What about the kid's who's parents won't let them play airsoft.

A video game isnt going to be a suitable replacement. At least, IMO

A video game isnt going to be a suitable replacement. At least, IMO

I never said it would be but it's just like how you can't kill people in real life, video games are fine. If you can't play airsoft video games would be fine. For all of us who actually play airsoft it seems kind of stupid.

I said no. my bro had the play tv paintball game with the light gun and I member seein him play that and how lame it was

I wouldnt like to see it....it would be like....the FPS(not feet per second lol) from hell

Edited by tpkirk2k

It's basically Call of Duty 4.

Was that a joke? I really hope it was...

Hahaha yes, yes it was. Depending on my mood, it either was a joke, or it wasn't. Bahahaha.

Well, it kind of is XD

You run around with a gun and you shoot people. There's game types where you die you're out until the next round, a bit like Airsoft.

Customize your guns n' stuff. Lol.

Edited by Fatboy 589

Dude, if there was an airsoft video game it would suck. The whole point in playing airsoft is getting to act out milsim operations. Airsoft is like the closest you can get to war without being in it. So there is no point in having the game when you can do the real thing and the real thing is actually more fun.

Uhhhh...NO

Isn't the whole point of airsoft to replicate real firearms??? Well I guess in a virtual world I wouldn't be worried of a 5.56 round in my shoulder while in real life on the other hand....but the point is//....It would be stupid to have an airsoft video game...A deathmatch with real guns seems more fun...I like those games were u can totaly upgrade your guns....but I still don't see the point of an airsoft video game...

Just think. The possibilites in the game would be endless. You could upgrade your guns and gear as you get better. I think that it would be great! Please vote and comment! :a-salute:

hell no

YES! But I think It would be awesome if you had to build the gun. Everything from the internals in the gearbox to the type of sights. So it teaches people how to disassemble certain guns while having fun with it.

Just think. The possibilites in the game would be endless. You could upgrade your guns and gear as you get better. I think that it would be great! Please vote and comment! :a-salute:

That is the most stupid thing I have heard in a LONG time. I hope that you are like 12, and didnt think this through.

Go play a first person shooter and think about it.

tactical_facepalm%5B1%5D.jpg

That is the most stupid thing I have heard in a LONG time. I hope that you are like 12, and didnt think this through.

If that were true, he'd be 18 now and probably regrets making this poll. Also, WHY is this poll still alive??

If that were true, he'd be 18 now and probably regrets making this poll. Also, WHY is this poll still alive??

Because people like you are posting that question.

sorry, I know that this is a dead thread (and with good reason) but seriously? an airsoft video game? for who, the 500 pound fat f*ck who cant leave the house? wouldnt he just play any of the many first person shooters already on the market? seriously, the whole reason why I started playing airsoft was because I was getting sick of just playing fps games. the fact that half the time you have to deal with lag, and then other times you have to deal with people who mod their systems and cheat. the only cheating that you have to deal with in airsoft is people not calling their hits, and if thats the case, you just full auto the bejesus out of them until they cry and call the hit. whoever had this bright idea must have taken that light bulb atop their head, broke it open and started smoking meth out of it.

Guest gamerfreak

One of the good things about airsoft is that it is an outdoor sport and it helps get kids away from video games cough COD. But yeah if you want to play a game might as well one that has actual guns. Plus would they add in how people don't call their hits?

no, unless someone makes a Wii equivalent where physical movement is part of the game, otherwise all the existing FPS games out there such as counter strike already does more or less the same thing.

Whats the point of replicating a replication?

Also, to whoever says that we could upgrade the weapons, you can do that with a real firearm LOL.

I think that FPS games should incorporate a little more of that. Instead of just buying a "holographic sight", you can buy different models of holographic sights ( or even brand names like Eotech ), different parts whether it be internal or external, and actually have it effect your gun or character's performance.

Lol..Replicated game, for a replicated milsim! Can't you already upgrade your guns in cod...

How about you go out and play airsoft instead of couchsofting a game in front of your flat screen.

Idea seems dumb, not gonna lie. Not trying to bash, just seems pointless.

Also

I think there should be one.

Honestly, if their parents aren't letting them play, They're probably not too responsible enough to handle the sport by themselves.

Edited by Volta

I would love the idea of it, but it would be a simulation of a simulation and that probably wouldn't be the greatest idea. I mean sure, you get to instant kill someone (if the game has that enabled) and other than that, theres not much difference between an airsoft video game and an FPS like call of duty because, well other than your shooting airsoft bullets and maybe its less violent mine as well just play CSGO or COD or Arma 3 or Insurgency or any of those games.

I don't think it would be a good idea, because there would be nothing spectacular about it. We already have Arma, CoD, Battlefield, Destiny and so on and a game about touching someone with a plastic pellet won't catch to the public. Upgrading your skills or appearances can already be done in other games. There can't be any explosions or blood or plot twists in such a virtual game. I just can't see what it can bring new.

Although, if we were speaking multiplayer... that's a whole other deal. Being able to upgrade your internals so that the bb has a straighter and longer path and applying tactics with your friends in a mil-sim type of game could lead to different outcomes to a game.