Sign in to follow this  
totoyeahwhat123

Help about gas mags

So got me a well g55. Mags are leaky as hell. Tried to find a guide, but nope... So if you have a detailed guide (I prefer with pics/video) I would be so gratefull.

Anyway, what is what on a gas mag? I hear about bottom valve, baseplate valve, mid section valve etc. What is what? Can you explain in clear detail for a Newbie what valve is what and how I fix leaking? (please don't link me to a youtube video of some M4 mags. It may be the same, but I get easily confused)

Yeah, those suck balls. Add poor materials to an already wonky design and you get endless hours of fun trying to fix that.

There are only two valves on any gbb magazine: inlet valve where gas is put in (usually at the bottom) and the outlet valve at the top rear corner. These two valves are comprised of two or more o-rings creating a gas seal and their quality will spell how a long they'll last holding gas. Things from China usually put in the cheapest kind with lots of seam defects. If you can it's highly advisable to replace all of them. Now for the magazine seals they're usually a two part design because it's easier to manufacture them that way. Pistols will have the base plate come off with either a large o-ring or gasket sealing the two together. Some like WE AK mags are three part. The g55 is a two part but they're split in half in the middle. If you run into leaky gun-specific gaskets that can't be replaced with o-rings you can plug them up using sealants like RTV silicone gasket makers from the hardware store.