BrainExploder

CO2 Palmer's Regulator Inconsistent FPS/PSI

Hi Guys,

I thought I had all the parts for my CO2 powered KJW M700 but after getting the Palmer's regulator with the Macro Line Hose Kit and installing it into my KJW M700P and into the Action Army Company AAC-21 28rds Gas Magazine I cannot get it to shoot at consistent FPS and the readout gauge on the regulator shows the PSI jumping between 3 different readouts. I put a video together to better demonstrate what is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrr6Dg9IuhA

As the PSI changes the FPS changes accordingly.

What I have noticed is when the CO2 cartridge is running down and there is only 5-8 full power shots left the pressure will stabilize and reset to the proper PSI between each shot until the pressure starts going down towards 0 as the gas runs out.

Another way is if I take the mag out and simply tap on the valve knocker of the magazine with an allen key it will dump some gas and then reset the PSI back to the desired setting.

I've contacted Palmer's about this and they said an o-ring might be dry or the tube is too tight and they will send me some replacement parts but I wanted to see if any of you had this happen and what did you do to solve this?

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

If those readings are right then the regulator is not allowing the air to flow after each shot. It looks like it fires full, then half pressure, and then hits a low threshold where it then resets. This looks like the valve is sticking in the regulator. This could be from dry parts that are griding/sticking or you might have debris in the valve somewhere. You'll want to disassemble it and give it a quick brush over then run some lube through it. Stick to paintball oil, oils intended for air tools, or something that is recommended in the Palmers manual.

One thing did puzzle me though. You were getting consistent readings even at the end. But at the end the shots sounded much much weaker. On average, how many shots do you get out of a cartridge? It's possible that you're getting bad readings from a faulty gauge.

If those readings are right then the regulator is not allowing the air to flow after each shot. It looks like it fires full, then half pressure, and then hits a low threshold where it then resets. This looks like the valve is sticking in the regulator. This could be from dry parts that are griding/sticking or you might have debris in the valve somewhere. You'll want to disassemble it and give it a quick brush over then run some lube through it. Stick to paintball oil, oils intended for air tools, or something that is recommended in the Palmers manual.

One thing did puzzle me though. You were getting consistent readings even at the end. But at the end the shots sounded much much weaker. On average, how many shots do you get out of a cartridge? It's possible that you're getting bad readings from a faulty gauge.

I don't think the gauge is at fault because the fps readout at the chrono confirms the changing pressures. A shot will register at 500 fps then 450 then 380 and back to 500 again just like the psi will jump from 80 to 50 to 30. I can get about 100 shots on one cartridge. Does Palmers provide explosion views of the regulator I can probably take it apart but putting it back together could spell trouble.

Ok then you're definitely getting some valve creep. Which means you definitely need to check it for debris inside the valve area around the seals. Lube it up while you're doing it.

I'm guessing that you're running a stabilizer and not a modified rock LRP. In that case, see the video below for step by step on how to disassemble and perform maintenance. The shocker lube mentioned is just a low temperature silicone grease put out by various paintball companies for their markers. You can find the same thing at a hardware store or section under names like Dow 33 or Super Lube Synthetic grease.

Step by step guide using pictures.

http://reviews.ampedairsoft.com/palmers-re...ear-down-guide/

Ok then you're definitely getting some valve creep. Which means you definitely need to check it for debris inside the valve area around the seals. Lube it up while you're doing it.

I'm guessing that you're running a stabilizer and not a modified rock LRP. In that case, see the video below for step by step on how to disassemble and perform maintenance. The shocker lube mentioned is just a low temperature silicone grease put out by various paintball companies for their markers. You can find the same thing at a hardware store or section under names like Dow 33 or Super Lube Synthetic grease.

Step by step guide using pictures.

http://reviews.ampedairsoft.com/palmers-re...ear-down-guide/

Thanks Brainplay, I followed that video and the site and took it down, cleaned it (no obvious debris found) lubed it and still had the same issues. What seems to be happening is the main valve (green in my case, yellow on that site) is overly tight, even when I initially set the pressure from 0 to desired it is not a smooth progression as I turn the adjustment screw nothing happens then it will jump 10 psi again I turn and nothing, then a jump, so something is getting snagged or stuck. What I did that seems to have helped a bit is swap out the o-ring on that main valve, as I am calling it, and I am getting some consistency but I would not call it a victory yet because I've had it work fine before then I swap out the CO2 cartridge and the whole thing goes back to skipping and hopping. I am awaiting arrival of more CO2 cartridges as I spent about 30 of them thus far trying dial this thing, very annoying.