Sign in to follow this  
Scarlet-Impaler

XM-8 Gearbox problems

A little history here, if it means anything. I got an old, broken Double Eagle XM-8 from a friend and decided to swap internals from a G36 into it.

The G36 was an Echo1 and works perfectly fine by itself, but when I put it in the XM-8, it stops working. It looks like everything is lined up and I've tried both the DE and Echo1 selector switches and gears. Still not working. When pulling the trigger, no electrical response.

For good measure, I've also tried fresh new batteries and fuses.

Any constructive input on this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Scarlet-Impaler

Could you define not working a bit better? Is there simply no response from the electrical system at all, or is it just not cycling in response to the motor?

Indeed, I'm sorry. The safety and selectors switch work, but when I pull the trigger I have no electrical response.

I'll update OP.

That is certainly odd.

Well, my initial guess would be to check the trigger assembly. Try to see if there is anything in the chassis that would cause the cutoff lever to get jammed in there, or anything else that might prevent the contacts from cycling properly.

Wires popping loose due to pressure is another possibility, but the odds of them falling back in place well enough for the system to work when removed from the reciever again are low.

That is certainly odd.

Well, my initial guess would be to check the trigger assembly. Try to see if there is anything in the chassis that would cause the cutoff lever to get jammed in there, or anything else that might prevent the contacts from cycling properly.

Wires popping loose due to pressure is another possibility, but the odds of them falling back in place well enough for the system to work when removed from the reciever again are low.

Actually it was the chassis. I had to saw out the trigger hole a centimeter or two backwards. Thank you!