Sign in to follow this  
gmiller

Which KJW GBB

Sorry for posting so many threads in this section but this should be the last one. I'm trying to decide on my first quality GBB pistol and have pretty much narrowed it down to KJW as far as brand. I would prefer c02 powered but it really isn't that important. So which KJW around $120 would you guys recommend?

Get the one that has a lot of compatible third party products such as holsters and stuff.

If you look around you'll find threads titled "need help finding (hard/kydex) holster for my unique dapper gun"

So like one of their 1911s? I am mainly deciding between one of their 1911s, hi-caps 1911, or their p226

I recently purchased and have already fallen in love with their KP05 hi capa 1911. It works extremely well, can switch between green gas and CO2 as conditions demand, and the extended mag capacity has already saved my sorry arse more than once.

Kydex holsters for the standard 1911 will fit, but some require a bit of persuasion via heat or a file. The problem that pops up is with the magazines if you want their carriers to be kydex as well. I received a tip that carriers for a double stack 9mm magazine will fit a hi capa mag just fine, but cannot yet confirm that for you, the unit I found and ordered is still in the mail.

Edited by Daishain

don't really limit it to a brand, if you don't have a style in mind. KJW may not make a GBB in the style that you end up really wanting. Now, at the moment the feel isnt "too important" to you, but I really would suggest going out and getting a feel for certain styles. Something like a slim grip 1911 is very, very different from the chunky but comfortable P226. Maybe you like the P226 more, but its too thick? P226 E2.

If you end up liking, say, a G17, then youre out of luck, because KJW doesnt make one.

Bottom line, find a style, and from there assess what brands fit the bill.

And why exactly is CO2 so important? Not only is it more expensive, but severely limits your choice and availability of GBBs out there. Propane is 10x cheaper, powerful enough, and still operable in cooler temps, if that is a selling point for CO2 for you.

don't really limit it to a brand, if you don't have a style in mind. KJW may not make a GBB in the style that you end up really wanting. Now, at the moment the feel isnt "too important" to you, but I really would suggest going out and getting a feel for certain styles. Something like a slim grip 1911 is very, very different from the chunky but comfortable P226. Maybe you like the P226 more, but its too thick? P226 E2.

If you end up liking, say, a G17, then youre out of luck, because KJW doesnt make one.

Bottom line, find a style, and from there assess what brands fit the bill.

And why exactly is CO2 so important? Not only is it more expensive, but severely limits your choice and availability of GBBs out there. Propane is 10x cheaper, powerful enough, and still operable in cooler temps, if that is a selling point for CO2 for you.

I was mainly looking at KJW because they all seem to be around my price range and I haven't found many others in my price range. KJW does make a G23 though correct? I have shot real steel 1911s, SIGs, and M9s and didn't have a strong preference towards one of the three.

And the only reason up like co2 is I already have some and it's easier to get but it doesn't really matter.

Thanks for the help