Sign in to follow this  
Jeebus Christmas

Get Me Out of The WE-Tech Frying Pan

I'm really sick of low-end GBB pistols, and the hours of pointless troubleshooting I have to perform on them. I've got a WE-Tech 3.8 1911, and an HFC M190, neither are cooperating with anything I do to them.

I'm looking for something that is guaranteed to work out of the box, and not have leaky magazines. I'm looking at a KJW KP-05, at the bare minimum. But I'm looking for advice on other reliable options.

Budget is 150 max. (I can flex a few dollars, if need be.)

I don't care about how it looks. But I'd like it to have aftermarket-support.

Thanks!

I'm really sick of low-end GBB pistols, and the hours of pointless troubleshooting I have to perform on them. I've got a WE-Tech 3.8 1911, and an HFC M190, neither are cooperating with anything I do to them.

I'm looking for something that is guaranteed to work out of the box, and not have leaky magazines. I'm looking at a KJW KP-05, at the bare minimum. But I'm looking for advice on other reliable options.

Budget is 150 max. (I can flex a few dollars, if need be.)

I don't care about how it looks. But I'd like it to have aftermarket-support.

Thanks!

Marui Hi-capa, no contest. Best after-market on any pistol in the market.

Also more accurate than KJW, just better overall.

Or cough up $70 for a zeon hi capa, and stick some upgrades in it :)

Marui Hi-capa, no contest. Best after-market on any pistol in the market.

Also more accurate than KJW, just better overall.

Or cough up $70 for a zeon hi capa, and stick some upgrades in it :)

Tell me more about this Zeon. I've never even heard of that brand before.

Tell me more about this Zeon. I've never even heard of that brand before.

Full metal exact Tm clone. Very nice gun for the price, most buy with some upgrades in the same cart, then drop in.

Mags are ok

Tm mags are best, but zeon will use those too.

IMO: TM>Zeon>Kjw

Edited by Exarach

If you "must" buy some upgrades. That immediately means it's not that great.

That is like saying this is is great new car...only after you rip out the old valve rings and put in some new ones before you even use it.

Like I said, I'm not focusing too much on accuracy or FPS. I just want it to work consistently, and not have to work with leaky magazines. However, if buying a Tokyo Marui means that I won't have to put up with such things (all routine maintenance aside, of course), then that's the price I'm willing to pay. However, should you be willing to sell me your KJW that you may or may not have...

Regardless, I agree. I don't want something that I'm going to need to work on initially.

If you "must" buy some upgrades. That immediately means it's not that great.

That is like saying this is is great new car...only after you rip out the old valve rings and put in some new ones before you even use it.

Its not a must,

Just a recommendation.

I buy new parts to put in new Tm guns immediately upon purchase....does that make TM a bad gun?

The Zeon is a quality product for 1/2 the cost of a TM, and gets the job done well.

I would recommend them over the KJ any day, neither of my KJW hi-capas lasted very long, which was a stark contrast to my KJ mk1, and G26, which have been fine.

Honestly, if you have money, Buy the TM. Hi-capa's have the best aftermarket of any GBB pistol, and TM makes the best Hi-capa.

It will be hassle free for years.

If you are going with a clone brand, KJW, WE, Zeon.

I would save the money, and go with the Zeon, as for the price of the KJ, you can own a TM for $20-$40 more, and have a much nicer pistol.

KJW comes with a nice grip stock, but, it is a simple matter of a few bucks to add that grip to your TM.

Its not a must,

Just a recommendation.

I buy new parts to put in new Tm guns immediately upon purchase....does that make TM a bad gun?

The Zeon is a quality product for 1/2 the cost of a TM, and gets the job done well.

I would recommend them over the KJ any day, neither of my KJW hi-capas lasted very long, which was a stark contrast to my KJ mk1, and G26, which have been fine.

Honestly, if you have money, Buy the TM. Hi-capa's have the best aftermarket of any GBB pistol, and TM makes the best Hi-capa.

It will be hassle free for years.

If you are going with a clone brand, KJW, WE, Zeon.

I would save the money, and go with the Zeon, as for the price of the KJ, you can own a TM for $20-$40 more, and have a much nicer pistol.

KJW comes with a nice grip stock, but, it is a simple matter of a few bucks to add that grip to your TM.

What happened to your KJW Hi-cap?

What happened to your KJW Hi-cap?

One had a failure with the screw used to secure the blowback assembly, it stripped out, and the gun began having horrendous jamming issues.

My second one began to have slide/hammer lock issues very reminiscent of a Leaf spring failure, or a sear failure. However, it had less than 500 rounds through it, and even repairing/replacing the leaf spring did not help.

Neither did replacing the sear.

Honestly,

those issues may have small, easy fixes, but, After a few days of messing with them, I went back to my Tm's and just parted out the KJ's

1 TM 5.1 hicapa - over 5,000+ rounds - on stock BBU/barrel/hop - new springs/sight - looking to add slide to this as a new build, but, it is my weekly primary. Airsoft Friday 5-11pm every friday. Been going for that past few years.

1 TM 4.3 with Infinity slide and upgraded springs/spacers/ect, FINALLY died out on me. Had 8000+ on that. * Edit to note, I bought the base gun used, so, no idea on final round count

TM <-

Never buy the Aegs, Never ignore the GBB's

TM<-

Edited by Exarach

Its not a must,

Just a recommendation.

Stated this way no, but it does make you seem OCD. :a-jester: However, the way you stated it...it implied to me there were deficiencies that must be addressed when purchased or upgrades must be made.

And honestly...that is something I wish people would stop encouraging new players to do with their first/only gun. Most people do not know what they are doing, upgrades are seldom drop in simple, and in stock form the pistol may perform just fine without having to throw more money at minimal performance, if noticeable upgrades.

I always tell a new play to use their stock "gun" at least 10 times in an actual game "session" before the first upgrade should be even attempted.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Well, I guess I'm going to either wait and see what Guges comes up with, or buy a T.M. from Evike.

Because you need to......Look at the zeon hahaha!

IMG_3059-1.jpg

As to Gauges!

None of my guns stay nice that long!

OCd builds out the wazoo.

All chrome all day! Sights on all guns! New slides!

All guns must have pommel hahaha

See, not all WE products suck just like how not all TM products don't suck. In buying anything you need to read up on them beyond the "good gun, full metal" one liner reviews by twelve year-olds who have literally only had them for five minutes.

Since TM Hi-Capa is being thrown around, beware of the 5.1 version or any with their Bomar sights as they have the tendency or ripping out the back side of the slide when it's hot out. 4.3s are fine though or just prepare to get a metal slide for the 5.1 if and when it happens.

My suggestion, KJW P226. I've got damn well decent TMs but this one keeps on going no matter how much abuse it's had.

See, not all WE products suck just like how not all TM products don't suck. In buying anything you need to read up on them beyond the "good gun, full metal" one liner reviews by twelve year-olds who have literally only had them for five minutes.

Since TM Hi-Capa is being thrown around, beware of the 5.1 version or any with their Bomar sights as they have the tendency or ripping out the back side of the slide when it's hot out. 4.3s are fine though or just prepare to get a metal slide for the 5.1 if and when it happens.

My suggestion, KJW P226. I've got damn well decent TMs but this one keeps on going no matter how much abuse it's had.

I've read a few things during some quality-evaluations I made about that one. At least seven people mentioned that one, and if I'm not mistaken my friend's step-father has that Airsoft gun. I did have the pleasure of using it, and the only thing that I didn't like about it was the long trigger-pull. It may have been a KWA, though. I'll check with him.

Edit: Off-topic, but I've never bothered to ask about this until now. Is there any way for me to change my display image. The one that shows up in my posts? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

Edited by Jeebus Christmas

The long trigger pull on any P226 would be in DA, they are pretty smooth in SA, same in any DA/SA handgun with a decocking function.

Pick a style.. I know you say it doesnt matter as long as its reliable, but it does matter more than you think... Its the same advice I give everyone. If you have the chance, find a friend, visit a store, etc and shoot some styles. If youre looking at a TM P226, go into a store and shoot the KJW P226, same general feel.

After going though tons of different GBBs, I have a general profile of what I like and what doesn't fit me well.