Sign in to follow this  
AboveHaloMaster

Which sniper should I get

I'm a long time airsoft player and have a lot of experience, but I know little when it comes to buying sniper rifles. I have found a few that I like, but I'm not sure which of the three are the best deal. I'm not looking for something too pricey because it will not be my main gun, just a second primary. Just something that I can have a lot of fun with on medium, to large fields. Also I don't mind if it's a spring gun, because they are cheaper to maintain when it comes to ammo/gas.

1.) JG Bar-10

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CDZALOU/ref=gl...=I2EBFTQZXRWMKF

2.) JG Bar-10 VSR-10

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002U4RR9G/ref=gl...=I2BFQGBINF8L4B

3.) WellFire VSR-10

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FNHGSG/ref=gl...=I36ZBJKXU06L9T

p.s. If you can find a way better deal (less than $200, 400+ FPS (with .25s), mostly metal, comes with scope and bipod, and high quality material)

Thanks and I hope you guys can help.

None of "those" are "sniper" rifles. They are only "Bolt Action Rifles" with a scope and maybe a bipod. You will need to sink a lot more money into a BAR to get it to outperform an AEG.

Otherwise you will click off one shot when a kid will return fire with 15.

And I though you said you were experienced... :laughbounce2:

Don't get the Well.

Guest alberty

If you are willing to spend the time and money to upgrade a spring bolt-action sniper rifle, then I would recommend a JG BAR-10. It is compatible with almost all VSR-10 aftermarket parts, just what you need.

Do research on what kind of parts and internal tuning will make you get more range and consistency from your sniper rifle, and get an idea of what it will cost you.

For a lot of people, it may be better just upgrading an AEG for better range, so you still get semi-auto and full-auto functionality. A lot of people want to try being a sniper, and then they find it boring or frustrating.

None of "those" are "sniper" rifles. They are only "Bolt Action Rifles" with a scope and maybe a bipod. You will need to sink a lot more money into a BAR to get it to outperform an AEG.

Otherwise you will click off one shot when a kid will return fire with 15.

And I though you said you were experienced... :laughbounce2:

Don't get the Well.

Yes I am experienced, but I've never done anything with sniper rifles, and bolt action rifles. That does not mean I'm dumb. Even though bolt action rifles are technically used as sniper rifles, if you know anything about guns. Which a bolt action is what I want, not to be that kid that puts a scope on his AEG and calls it a sniper rifle.

Guest alberty
Yes I am experienced, but I've never done anything with sniper rifles, and bolt action rifles. That does not mean I'm dumb. Even though bolt action rifles are technically used as sniper rifles, if you know anything about guns. Which a bolt action is what I want, not to be that kid that puts a scope on his AEG and calls it a sniper rifle.

What he meant to tell you is that without doing some tuning and upgrading to these inexpensive VSR-10 clones, they're not really advantageous compared to a typical AEG. Without outperforming an AEG, it's just like taking a spring bolt-action rifle to the field then. So, that's why people tell you you need to prepare to do research and have a strong budget available for decking out one of these spring bolt-action sniper rifles to be really effective on the field.

...Even though bolt action rifles are technically used as sniper rifles, if you know anything about guns.

I know a lot about guns and there are Technically Semi-Auto Sniper Rifles too!

AS50

Dragunov

Barret .50

Walther 2000

etc...all semi-auto non-bolt action models.

And yes Alberty cleared up what I said...BAR in airsoft is fickle thing.