to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Shutaro

Brainstorming -- Decoy Squad (?)

One tactic that a local group that I play with has been experimenting with is the concept of a "decoy squad". For background our decoy squad currently consists of things we do to be visible and stand out on the field, draw the attention of the enemy or distract him. Like I will yell "Banzai!" repeatedly or fire my gun repeatedly even if my fire is not effective.

On the tactical level this is simple, but the reason I'm posting here is to ask what can we do to add some flavor to our decoy squad in terms of gear, play, and the like?

The way this got started is we were talking about which guns were the loudest and possibly trying to rig our guns with "loudeners" to make them heard from a longer distance away. As well as things like high-power LEDs to simulate a muzzle flash or such. Basically things that our decoy squad can do that are in-period (or close -- think Vietnam era to Modern-day) to add to the simulation aspect and the flavor aspect of the games we play.

What do you guys think? I know Hollywood probably puts more effort into this than airsofters do in general, but what can we do with modern technology to add to the sights, sounds, etc.

Edited by Shutaro

Wear clothing that yells "Here I am!" Anything rainbow colored should do the trick. Tracer units will also help your needs in night-time. Attaching a mp3 amplifier system to your gear also serves as a distraction. In terms of keeping it tied to an impression, sorry I can't help you there.

Yes, it's semi necroposting but it adds to the discussion.

• Upvote 1

Acquire a ~10ft whip antenna, attach an American flag on the end, and wear it on your vest fully extended with the flag in the air. Attach smoke grenades to the back of your helmet and pull the pin when you find yourself in a firefight. At night, attach chemlights to any available space so you light up like a Christmas tree.

I would make yourself visible, but try to conceal what you're trying to do. As others have suggested, wearing bright clothing may be the best way to do this. Either that, or make a lot of noise (I.e. getting close and discharging some rounds so it can be heard).

Edited by skeletons