Sign in to follow this  
Jeebus Christmas

Tired of Pissing My Money Away, Need a GBBR/SMG That'll Last

The charging handle, and fire-selectors on my WELL-G55 came loose and mysteriously disappeared today. That's honestly the last straw, I'm so mad right now that I'm seriously about to throw a car. I can't afford to keep throwing my money away on garbage like this.

I have a KJW KP-05, friend of mine sold it to me for 80$. I want a GBB Sub-gun, though. I haven't much looked into gas sub-guns, but I see a lot of WELL, and HFC guns, and having owned both brands, I'm not throwing anymore money into those sinkholes. Can somebody recommend me something REALLY high-quality? As in, parts won't come flying off after some use.

Budget - 250$ max.

Must not be C02 powered.

Absolutely no MP7.

Thanks.

Edited by Jeebus Christmas

MP9 is OK. Same with the Mac-11 except the usefulness of that one is pretty much limited to CQB. From there you have other options but they are either MP7s or your budget is lacking. Vectors are great and the new WE MP5 are as well but they're over $300. I suggest you save up just a little bit more if not sell the dead end guns you got in the past. You can probably scrape enough for a full sized rifle if you did that.

MP9 is OK. Same with the Mac-11 except the usefulness of that one is pretty much limited to CQB. From there you have other options but they are either MP7s or your budget is lacking. Vectors are great and the new WE MP5 are as well but they're over $300. I suggest you save up just a little bit more if not sell the dead end guns you got in the past. You can probably scrape enough for a full sized rifle if you did that.

Full-sized rifle...Hmm...I do like the M16A1 that WE-Tech released...Why is the KWA MP9 only "okay", though?

They're OK for the most part, just that some models are more problematic than others in that they're harder to find parts for. Some models have a bit of a design flaw and have parts prone to breaking like the AK and M14. There are fixes for pretty much all of them, just that you'll need to read a lot into what model you're thanking of getting into to know what parts/upgrades you'll need to buy down the road.

So what are you trying to find right now? A gbb/gbbr that is high end and won't break or just a gun in general? (aeg).

I'm looking exclusively for a high-end gas-rifle/sub-gun.

http://www.evike.com/products/37275/ This is what I'm interested in, except that the giant flash hider needs to go. But I'd take any one of WE-Tech's AR15 models, really.

They don't supply the factory muzzle device?!? What sort of a scam is that? Well, at any rate the XM has the inner barrel extend deep into the flash hider. Removing it will have the inner barrel protrude a few good inches over a regular A2 birdcage but it will hide well with a short suppressor. That or just get a replacement XM flash hider (taken out of the box and sold back to you?) or get a shorter inner barrel.

They don't supply the factory muzzle device?!? What sort of a scam is that? Well, at any rate the XM has the inner barrel extend deep into the flash hider. Removing it will have the inner barrel protrude a few good inches over a regular A2 birdcage but it will hide well with a short suppressor. That or just get a replacement XM flash hider (taken out of the box and sold back to you?) or get a shorter inner barrel.

I'm not sure what Guges is on about...But yes, the giant orange tip is included.

I'm not sure what Guges is on about...But yes, the giant orange tip is included.

I think he means that there isn't a true CAR style flash hider included, just a long plastic one, as opposed to what would normally be a metal type had it been purchased outside of the US. Material preference here I think.

Do the barrels really extend on the XMs? A lot of WE users just swap to a standard birdcage or three prong, without a mention of a barrel swap.

I think he means that there isn't a true CAR style flash hider included, just a long plastic one, as opposed to what would normally be a metal type had it been purchased outside of the US. Material preference here I think.

Do the barrels really extend on the XMs? A lot of WE users just swap to a standard birdcage or three prong, without a mention of a barrel swap.

Correct if you buy "any" Airsoft gun in the US. 99% of the time the original hider is NOT included, especially from the big 3.

And a XM without the proper hider is just "wrong".

I did a bit more window-shopping online, and found another viable, though bit more expensive option for me to consider:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/kj-works-m4a1-c...ml#.U8Pou_ldWSY

I've read on countless forums that the KJW system is much more reliable than the Western Arms system. Any thoughts on this replica, or the mentioned claims?

They run the longest stock, but still far from inestrructible. In fact, none of them are. You just have to be knowledgeable with whichever platform you choose.

I suppose that I might have worded that question wrong, I'm a bit more focused on the overall quality of the replica, how well it functions.

For at least a year or two, my favorite and most versatile gun has been my KWA MP7

* I don't have to charge it

* the spring is arguably too strong (400+ fps out of box)

* you can add a low-power bolt for whiners to tame it

* you can add a QD power-up barrel (mock silencer) that adds 100 fps if you wanna be a sniper

* lots of mounting options for the 3 rails

* collapsible stock a huge plus for looking through a scope with a helmet/goggles on

* 45 rnd clip is plenty for most skirmishes

My only gripe about the design, and it's minor at best...

I 'might' prefer not to have the swing down foregrip in favor of a 4th rail.

For at least a year or two, my favorite and most versatile gun has been my KWA MP7

* I don't have to charge it

* the spring is arguably too strong (400+ fps out of box)

* you can add a low-power bolt for whiners to tame it

* you can add a QD power-up barrel (mock silencer) that adds 100 fps if you wanna be a sniper

* lots of mounting options for the 3 rails

* collapsible stock a huge plus for looking through a scope with a helmet/goggles on

* 45 rnd clip is plenty for most skirmishes

My only gripe about the design, and it's minor at best...

I 'might' prefer not to have the swing down foregrip in favor of a 4th rail.

You're not recommending me the KWA MP7, are you? I mentioned in the OP that I don't really want one, I've already tried it out, and it's just not "my cup of tea", so to speak. Your opinion is appreciated, regardless. (My biggest gripe about the MP7 is the lack of twenty-round magazines).

You're not recommending me the KWA MP7, are you? I mentioned in the OP that I don't really want one, I've already tried it out, and it's just not "my cup of tea", so to speak. Your opinion is appreciated, regardless. (My biggest gripe about the MP7 is the lack of twenty-round magazines).

Yeah, just throwing an opinion out there to maybe rethink the MP7 if you're looking for a good GBB SMG at a decent price point.

I didn't buy the MP7 for it's looks (at first) and if anyone would've told me that "Within a year, this will be your weapon of choice."

...I would not have believed them.

So the 45 rnd mag (as opposed to a shorter 20 rnd mag?) is your sticking point on the MP7?

Found something else: It's a Jing-Gong clone of the Western Arms M4A1. The body is made of plastic, but I've managed to locate a G&P-made replacement for it. From what I understand, though, WA systems tend to be "money-pits". Regardless, there seems to be a plethora of aftermarket, and replacement parts for that system. Better than paying 300+shipping up-front, I would suppose. Any thoughts?

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/jing-gong-m4a1-...ml#.U8Vox_ldWSY

Also, just some background information on my situation with broken Airsoft guns: The parts that seem to break down the most are the charging handle, I haven't once had a gas-powered replica break in a manner that rendered the firing mechanism unusable, just the parts that charge/move back. It's likely due in fact to my habit of working their actions in my room, constantly. (What else will I do whilst I listen to music and window-shop?)

Found something else: It's a Jing-Gong clone of the Western Arms M4A1. The body is made of plastic, but I've managed to locate a G&P-made replacement for it. From what I understand, though, WA systems tend to be "money-pits". Regardless, there seems to be a plethora of aftermarket, and replacement parts for that system. Better than paying 300+shipping up-front, I would suppose. Any thoughts?

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/jing-gong-m4a1-...ml#.U8Vox_ldWSY

Also, just some background information on my situation with broken Airsoft guns: The parts that seem to break down the most are the charging handle, I haven't once had a gas-powered replica break in a manner that rendered the firing mechanism unusable, just the parts that charge/move back. It's likely due in fact to my habit of working their actions in my room, constantly. (What else will I do whilst I listen to music and window-shop?)

Aluminum WA/WOCs are money pits, pot metal JG is going to be 10x worse...

Charging handles are cheap replacements, just don't buy something proprietary like the KWC UZI again.

Why not go WE... The cheapest "real" GBBR, that's reliable and easy to source parts for. Also, found in the US. The cost of shipping will bring that JG price up real fast.

Aluminum WA/WOCs are money pits, pot metal JG is going to be 10x worse...

Charging handles are cheap replacements, just don't buy something proprietary like the KWC UZI again.

Why not go WE... The cheapest "real" GBBR, that's reliable and easy to source parts for. Also, found in the US. The cost of shipping will bring that JG price up real fast.

Hitguns has is for 150$, free shipping...G&P receiver or RA-Tech receiver could be installed when it becomes necessary. Also, I keep hearing about charging handles having to be replaced, what's the deal with that?

I'm a bit hesitant about WE-Tech because I've come to the conclusion that nearly everything on a WE-Tech M4A1 that'll need replacing, will likely be the same case for a clone model.

Hitguns has is for 150$, free shipping...G&P receiver or RA-Tech receiver could be installed when it becomes necessary. Also, I keep hearing about charging handles having to be replaced, what's the deal with that?

I'm a bit hesitant about WE-Tech because I've come to the conclusion that nearly everything on a WE-Tech M4A1 that'll need replacing, will likely be the same case for a clone model.

Wherever you got that conclusion was wrong.. WEs run stock a lot better than any aluminum WOC/WOC-X.

Charging handles don't need to be replaced, unless the user abuses them. Simple as that. If you want to fix it, mod an RS charging handle for WE, and don't worry about it again.

That JG will need internal parts... an MBK isn't the only part you'll find yourself wanting. Be prepared for a new BCG, and steel FCG components. Which add up. If you search what a steel BCG costs, you'll be hitting the base price of that JG pretty soon.

Also, if you aren't too technically inclined (I have no idea if you are or not), then something that will require out of the box upgrades may not be the best choice. Also, JG gas magazines are similar to KA: crap.

Wherever you got that conclusion was wrong.. WEs run stock a lot better than any aluminum WOC/WOC-X.

Charging handles don't need to be replaced, unless the user abuses them. Simple as that. If you want to fix it, mod an RS charging handle for WE, and don't worry about it again.

That JG will need internal parts... an MBK isn't the only part you'll find yourself wanting. Be prepared for a new BCG, and steel FCG components. Which add up. If you search what a steel BCG costs, you'll be hitting the base price of that JG pretty soon.

Also, if you aren't too technically inclined (I have no idea if you are or not), then something that will require out of the box upgrades may not be the best choice. Also, JG gas magazines are similar to KA: crap.

Do you personally own a WE-Tech rifle? I'm just curious, I'm not implying that your claims are invalid, and I'm not dead-set by any means on buying a JG, but at 150$ vs a nearly 300$ WE-Tech rifle...It's a tempting offer.

Do you personally own a WE-Tech rifle? I'm just curious.

Yes. Also owned quite a few in the past. And I have run them all stock, with the exception of a bucking swap and the installation of an NPAS.

Your thread title says it all, if you want something that'll last, and you wont have to throw money into, go WE.

I currently own WE and KWA gas rifles, and WOCs in the past. My opinions come from experience.

Yes. Also owned quite a few in the past. And I have run them all stock, with the exception of a bucking swap and the installation of an NPAS.

Your thread title says it all, if you want something that'll last, and you wont have to throw money into, go WE.

I currently own WE and KWA gas rifles, and WOCs in the past. My opinions come from experience.

Alright, looks like I'll have to save up for a WE-Tech M4A1, then. Unless anyone else has anything to add...

I'm not dead-set by any means on buying a JG, but at 150$ vs a nearly 300$ WE-Tech rifle...It's a tempting offer.

I thought you already learned your lesson in buying cheap? Buy cheap, buy twice. The only reason I'd recommend a JG is if it's for educational purposes. If you intend to actually shoot it, be prepared to spend over the gun's value in parts.