Sign in to follow this  
Jeebus Christmas

Tired of Pissing My Money Away, Need a GBBR/SMG That'll Last

...and don't go mixing and matching parts for looks...you will be pissing ore money away due to fitment issues....

I wasn't planning on it. The most I think that I'd ever put on an M4A1 is a reflex sight of some sort, and/or a suppressor to make it seem a bit more realistic.

I wasn't planning on it. The most I think that I'd ever put on an M4A1 is a reflex sight of some sort, and/or a suppressor to make it seem a bit more realistic.

Suppressors are actually an unrealistic accessory due to the real round being supersonic.

You don't see Infantry getting issued an M4 with suppressors. It is mainly a SPECOP accessory, but looks well on an AR.

Suppressors are actually an unrealistic accessory due to the real round being supersonic.

You don't see Infantry getting issued an M4 with suppressors. It is mainly a SPECOP accessory, but looks well on an AR.

I suppose that I chose the wrong word. Since an Airsoft gun powered by gas is usually loud, but nowhere near as loud as an un-suppressed real-counterpart, they do share a much closer report when the real firearm is suppressed. Granted, I've never heard a suppressed firearm in real-life, so I've got nothing to compare a gas-powered Airsoft gun to, but I have found that the Airsoft gun's report is much more believable when the replica has a suppressor on the front of it. Of course, that's just my uneducated opinion.

Edited by Jeebus Christmas

GBBR don't even pop as loud as a .22LR

Although a GBBR with a "can" can be rather quiet, but beyond 30 yards, no one is going to hear you anyways with a stock GBBR.

Here is a good example of real life suppressors and how they work with varying ammo speeds.

Just FYI...

Edited by Guges Mk3

Adding a conventional airsoft silencer will do nothing to suppress sound other than redirect it out the barrel. Unless it's been foam filled correctly (which is illegal in some states), it won't have any effect.

I'm not saying that It would affect the sound. I'm stating that it would make the sound produced by a GBBR much more believable to an observer, or user, if there were a suppressor on the front of it, regardless of the suppressor being functional or otherwise.

Although a GBBR with a "can" can be rather quiet, but beyond 30' no one is going to hear you any ways with a GBBR.

You're kidding right? I regularly play with and against GBBRs and many of them can be heard well past 30M much less 30' and that's outdoors to boot. You have to be deaf not to hear even a GBB pistol at 9m/30'.

You're kidding right? I regularly play with and against GBBRs and many of them can be heard well past 30M much less 30' and that's outdoors to boot. You have to be deaf not to hear even a GBB pistol at 9m/30'.

I second renegadecow. I play pickup games and most gas guns can be heard across the map. But if you still think GBBs not loud enough, you can remove the end cap on a suppressor and it acts like a sound amplifier. I do that with my pistol, it's significantly louder.

Edited by B.A.M.F.

I'm not saying that It would affect the sound. I'm stating that it would make the sound produced by a GBBR much more believable to an observer, or user, if there were a suppressor on the front of it, regardless of the suppressor being functional or otherwise.

If you're referring to RS shooters, a can won't make it more believable... If you don't need ear protection, no spent casings, and you aren't in a range, pretty obvious it isnt real.

If you're indoors, a GBB/GBBR can be heard almost across the entire field, depending on other factors of course. Doesn't mean you can tell where shots are coming from though... If you havent played a GBBR only game indoors, you should. Really cool experience for one, and just the fact that sound doesnt mean anything.

Correction 30 Yards not feet.

But, I am serious. My GBBR are seldom over gassed and blows very little out the 16" barrel to develop much of a "rapport". No need to waste gas on making it go "pop".

30 yards over your heard from behind with my GBBR...not much noise at all.

My GBBR is about like this...and it is indeed a G&P. They really don't make that much noise. At most they hear is the "chugga, chugga..." of FA fire.

Edited by Guges Mk3

WAs aren't particularly loud to begin with, and you're right, the pop is diminished with longer barrels. But again, plenty others are audible at distance to the point of being annoying e.g. KWA MP7, VFC UMP, WE 416C (usually the shorter ones and the kind of muzzle device also affects sound signature).

Because of the poor excuse of a magazine it uses, no. Seriously, horrible gaskets both top and bottom (as if one seal was bad enough), single stack bb column and with an overly stiff spring at that which only loads 17 before your thumb or loader breaks. It can technically load up to real steel capacity of 25 or even 30 at a stretch, but you need to replace the spring with a thinner gauge wire.

Edited by renegadecow