Sign in to follow this  
FullOtto

Who do you airsoft with?

I'm just curious who you guys airsoft with, none of my friends are really into the sport. (Some of them are afraid of being shot by bbs) other are just not into guns in general, of any kind.

So I mostly go it solo haha.

So who do you guys airsoft with? And what do you think about heading to the field solo?

I had some friends in school back in the day and we formed a team. Now that we are all spread out over the country I mostly play solo though we try to get together once a year for a large event. I've been trying to get friends interested but airsoft/paintball can sometimes be negatively perceived and people just don't want to wake up early on the weekend to get welts.

Playing solo is fine. If you're into the large events it can be helpful to be more outgoing and such at local games so you can roll with a semi familiar group.

Joining a team might be fun but it will depend on you and the teams in your area,

Since the closest field is forty minutes away from me, I usually take my team down, as it's simply too expensive for me to go down on my own.

Hey, forty minutes isn't too bad actually. The nearest one for me is about 5 hours away. I don't even live in the country. Airsoft hasn't become popular where I live. But, when we do airsoft in my friends yard, we usually invite everyone that likes to play with some spring pistols. And at my friends relatives house, (which has only happened once for me) we bring my friend and I, his older brother, and a couple of his friends. Plus, the one time I was there, my friends cousins brought out their cheap walmart AEGs and played with us. I'm a bit of a loner in my airsoft community. Not completely, but a lot of the time.

I haven't been able to find a good group near me since most of our members had to move due to a massive layoff, but I have been playing with another group about 5 hours away. I don't have a lot of time to play anymore (kids!) so I try to enjoy it the most I can, and the drive isn't bad.

I haven't been able to find a good group near me since most of our members had to move due to a massive layoff, but I have been playing with another group about 5 hours away. I don't have a lot of time to play anymore (kids!) so I try to enjoy it the most I can, and the drive isn't bad.

5 hours, that's how far the nearest official airsoft field is from me, that I know about. I'm not exactly old enough to drive, but I wish I was. It would be nice to head up to Seattle every once in a while for an official game. Oh well, 3-4 years and that could happen.

Guest alberty

I started out airsoft with some friends, but over time they've grown busy so I have made friends with other regular players and newcomers too.

You won't always have friends or family to attend with, but it's easy to befriend someone you meet at your local airsoft place since there's a common interest.

I play in two groups, depending on the season.

During the late spring, summer, and fall, in a local group.

During the winter and early spring, I also have a group of friends that play in the desert.

We tried playing in the desert in the spring and summer, but it's just too hot (we had all given up by noon).

I never solo, I always know at least a few people who I'm playing with. My local region has several larger teams (20+ people) so I play with the one based at the local field I prefer.

Edited by Shutaro