to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
griffdog

What would you do?

Scenario:

You've been sneaking your way behind enemy lines for the past half hour, unknown, and you realize your battery on your M4 is dead (Oh crap). You have about 15 enemies all around you, all armed with aegs. They don't know you're there, but they're closing in near you and you're about to be discovered. You hate yourself for leaving the extra battery in the car, but don't have a ton of time for thinking. Your only weapon is a 1911 with one 27 round mag. What is happening today? You left he other mags are in the car! Now the nearest enemy is less than 10 feet from you. He's about to take cover in the bush that you're hiding in. What do you do?

Take some bb's not in mags and throw them in a splatter, hopefully hitting all the enemies. It's childish, but it works. I have killed my brother that way. My hicaps had below minimum BB's in them so I emptied the 10 or so remaining bb's, popped around the cover and threw, hitting my target.

Scenario:

You've been sneaking your way behind enemy lines for the past half hour, unknown, and you realize your battery on your M4 is dead (Oh crap). You have about 15 enemies all around you, all armed with aegs. They don't know you're there, but they're closing in near you and you're about to be discovered. You hate yourself for leaving the extra battery in the car, but don't have a ton of time for thinking. Your only weapon is a 1911 with one 27 round mag. What is happening today? You left he other mags are in the car! Now the nearest enemy is less than 10 feet from you. He's about to take cover in the bush that you're hiding in. What do you do?

What is your purpose for sneaking behind enemy lines in the first place?

Spy, disrupt, ambush, ???

My recommendation:

Seriously though, if you are spying, try to cause a distraction and escape. For instance throw something into a nearby tree or bush to make some noise where it lands, at the same time try to divert and escape. Or, if the enemy is disorganized, slip into the enemy lines and pretend you're one of them. If you're on a kill mission, just seize the opportunity and take as many of them with you as you can. A lot of things are situational.

bang or surrender kills depending on what rules your field uses......and make sure you are prepared for the next round

Yeah, I know. Being prepared would have been good. It probably wouldn't have happened, but maybe the person was just having an off day. :a-grin:

Secondwind, good idea. What else can you really do? Not a ton of options.

Edit: You could always jump out, scare them by yelling "DIIIIEEEEEE!!!", and run like a bat out of you-know-where. :a-laugh:

Edited by TacticalAK47

Yup, acting quickly is a huge deal with every airsofter being an accomplished tactician and strategerist.

I remember at a large event we were in front of some building with the appointed "leaders" debating on what to do and and a buddy and I mentioned we had better do something fast while we still could and were ignored. They bragged about how awesome we were at holding that building for so long but really we got rolled. The next time it seemed like something like that was happening again we ditched them and did awesome ninja stuff.

however I do think "stop thinking and start shooting" is a poor choice of words IMO in that a person would do great to both think critically and act fast before/during/after.

Seriously, if I'm 10 feet away from them and they haven't noticed I'll just take a chance that they might pass by. If they do I might be able to pistol kill one or two before the rest get me. If nothing else, I could make someone's camo pants have one more brown patch- something I consider a win.

Seriously, if I'm 10 feet away from them and they haven't noticed I'll just take a chance that they might pass by. If they do I might be able to pistol kill one or two before the rest get me. If nothing else, I could make someone's camo pants have one more brown patch- something I consider a win.

Did you read the part about the guy that's about to come over to the bush that you're at? That's why I'd probably just shoot as many as I could before getting shot. Next time, I wouldn't be stupid enough to leave all of that stuff in the car. :a-laugh:

It's kind of a "worst case scenario".

Seeing as I can't fit into another physical object like that, I took a minor liberty with the scenario. I, like James T. Kirk do not believe there is a no win situation. And, this isn't a worst case scenario. Worst case is you don't have the pistol.

Edited by WeeGee

Well duh. It's worst case scenario other than those things that could happen. I was talking worst case scenario in a game. (Other than not having the pistol. :a-grin: ) A fan and thermal lenses? What does that mean though. I've never heard of that. They sound cool though. Goggles fogging up is a pain, and it would be nice to have a solution.

Well duh. It's worst case scenario other than those things that could happen. I was talking worst case scenario in a game. (Other than not having the pistol. :a-grin: ) A fan and thermal lenses? What does that mean though. I've never heard of that. They sound cool though. Goggles fogging up is a pain, and it would be nice to have a solution.

There are goggles with built-in fans (as well as homemade alternatives,) and thermal lenses. Thermal lenses have dual panes that help combat fog. There are a few different methods that each type uses, however they usually get thrown into the "thermal" category. Ideally, a dual pane lens will have a gas or a vacuum between the two, to help regulate temperature. However, many just use a thinner inner lens, that warms up more quickly to the temperature of your face, breath, and sweat, eliminating the condensation.

Note: My knowledge of this is fairly limited. If you know more about this, feel free to take me to school.

My, oh my, have we gotten off topic.

There are goggles with built-in fans (as well as homemade alternatives,) and thermal lenses. Thermal lenses have dual panes that help combat fog. There are a few different methods that each type uses, however they usually get thrown into the "thermal" category. Ideally, a dual pane lens will have a gas or a vacuum between the two, to help regulate temperature. However, many just use a thinner inner lens, that warms up more quickly to the temperature of your face, breath, and sweat, eliminating the condensation.

Note: My knowledge of this is fairly limited. If you know more about this, feel free to take me to school.

My, oh my, have we gotten off topic.

Right on all counts. The goggles I'm currently using have a G&G fan kit attached to them The kits can be had for under $25.

I'll add another option to the scenario: I'm behind the enemy's main line. That means there are friendlies at that main line. I key my radio in a pre-arranged manner that gets the rest of my team to make a lot of noise covering my withdrawal or allowing me to get a few shots off before being detected.

And honestly- I think this topic would play better if instead of unpreparedness as a premise, it was unforeseen equipment failure.

That's the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

To contribute, 27 rounds and close enemies? One shot one kill, then surrender kills. I've gone pistols only enough to know it's amazingly fun.

Ummmm... seems legit. But either way, let's get back on topic, we really got derailed there.

I should get some thermal goggles though. But yikes, those are pricey for a 13 year old. I'll have to wait a while before getting some of those.

There are plenty of options that are relatively inexpensive options. What's your theoretical budget?

There are plenty of options that are relatively inexpensive options. What's your theoretical budget?

Ummm... maybe 20 bucks. I know that's probably not realistic, but I might be able to go slightly higher, but I don't make a ton of money, and it takes me months to be able to afford a good gun.

$25 gets you the G&G fan kit. If you have and know how to use a soldering iron you can probably make one for less than $10.

I don't know if I have a soldering iron, but I might. It's a good idea that I would like to try. I hate goggles fogging up. Maybe we could start another thread on this, but we need to get back on topic. Forget about all of the other little problems that you could have and that I said "worst case scenario". What would you do in that situation?

Edited by TacticalAK47