Sign in to follow this  
griffdog

Good P90 for no more than $230?

Does anybody know of a good P90 for no more than $230? I am not seriously looking into buying another aeg yet because I don't have the money right now, but I posted a topic asking about a good G36 just because I was brainstorming. I'd just like to have a list of some good guns in case I get another one eventually. (Which I will.) Any help would be great. Thanks.

JG/Echo1 for $160 The model is solid, nothing spectacular, but I can tell you from experience that it doesn't take too much work to turn it into a beast of a gun.

One problem with the P90 platform is feeding issues. their hi caps, no matter what brand, pretty much always have problems. Said problems can be dealt with, and typically go away as the magazines are are broken in, but it is an annoying concern.

A lot of p90 users go for midcaps instead, but this can present its own issues, since the magazines are fairly large and don't fit in standard magazine holders.

If you don't want to work with midcaps, one other means of bypassing this would be to go for Evike's "Terminator" P90 for $200, which is just an Echo1 with a silencer, extra rails, and a 1500 round box magazine that feeds into/via an M4 hi cap. Overkill, but potentially worth it to avoid having to mess with jams. You could also buy the box mag seperately, but it costs less to just get it with the gun.

Edited by Daishain

Guest alberty

What do you define as "good"? Each model gives you a different level of quality versus price, and what kind of setup it has internally.

There's the original Tokyo Marui P90s which have a gentle low-FPS setup and run smoothly. If you're looking to max-up a gun, you probably don't want to use a TM base.

There's the cheap clones by Echo 1 or KS (OEM of the E1). They're typical China-quality but are easy to upgrade and make better.

There's the more expensive clones like King Arms and Classic Army Proline. Better internal quality.

--> One important thing to note, since the P90 is a replica of an FN Herstal gun, if you're buying in the USA then the retailers are restricted to models that are "licensed". As far as I know, the last time I checked you can get a King Arms OEM, Classic Army Sportline OEM, or KS OEM. Check out the different pricing on these licensed P90 AEGs to determine which OEM you would be getting.

Both of those posts are helpful. What I define as "good", is a something without to many problems that I'd have to fix, (You've probably seen on other threads of mine that I don't really know about the internals of an airsoft gun. I'm not just a lazy person.) pretty solid build. I don't want super cheap plastic that breaks if you bump it. Something more than 320 fps would also be good. There aren't any airsoft fields near me, so I won't have to worry about fps limits for cqb. I'd really be using the gun on a makeshift field every once in a while.

So long as you don't abuse it, none of the P90 models mentioned here have a high chance of breaking prematurely. The V6 gearbox is one of the strongest and most durable designs available, and the body itself, while made of polymer even on the real gun, is also a very sturdy design.

With that stated, as you should be aware by now, there are absolutely no guarantees when it comes to how long a gun will last. In addition, while you can get away with just using the gun straight out of the box, doing a tuneup inside the gearbox will improve lifespan considerably.

So long as you don't abuse it, none of the P90 models mentioned here have a high chance of breaking prematurely. The V6 gearbox is one of the strongest and most durable designs available, and the body itself, while made of polymer even on the real gun, is also a very sturdy design.

With that stated, as you should be aware by now, there are absolutely no guarantees when it comes to how long a gun will last. In addition, while you can get away with just using the gun straight out of the box, doing a tuneup inside the gearbox will improve lifespan considerably.

What if I don't know how to do a tuneup in the gearbox? You have read my past threads and probably know that I'm not the most experienced in airsoft internals. Actually, I'm not experienced at all. Embarrassing, but true.

Edited by TacticalAK47

What if I don't know how to do a tuneup in the gearbox? You have read my past threads and probably know that I'm not the most experienced in airsoft internals. Actually, I'm not experienced at all. Embarrassing, but true.

I know you're not experienced, but you also have said you want to learn this stuff. If you still do, you're going to have to try your hand at this stuff sometime.

If on the other hand you really don't want to mess with it for now, then it becomes a gamble.

Very, very few guns, regardless of make and model, come with a good shim job, much less proper angle of engagement on the piston, or decent lube on the surfaces that rub together. Nearly all of the decent ones are going to be close enough that they won't cause major issues. But a poor shim job will cost you in terms of gearbox power and wear down the internal components of the gun faster than normal, and pistons can wear out ridiculously fast with poor AOE. Also, if you ever try to use the gun with a high power battery, this extra wear and tear can become even worse.

If you aren't particularly unlucky, this process is slow enough that it can take months of relatively light use before it makes a real difference. But still, there's a reason that a shim job and other tuneup operations are among the first things people do to their guns.

If you have patience, and pay attention to what you're doing, a basic tuneup can be a little tedious, but not difficult. The main danger lies in terms of losing parts, and in nearly all cases you should easily be able to tell if you are reassembling it wrong.

Edited by Daishain

I know you're not experienced, but you also have said you want to learn this stuff. If you still do, you're going to have to try your hand at this stuff sometime.

If on the other hand you really don't want to mess with it for now, then it becomes a gamble.

Very, very few guns, regardless of make and model, come with a good shim job, much less proper angle of engagement on the piston, or decent lube on the surfaces that rub together. Nearly all of the decent ones are going to be close enough that they won't cause major issues. But a poor shim job will cost you in terms of gearbox power and wear down the internal components of the gun faster than normal, and pistons can wear out ridiculously fast with poor AOE. Also, if you ever try to use the gun with a high power battery, this extra wear and tear can become even worse.

If you aren't particularly unlucky, this process is slow enough that it can take months of relatively light use before it makes a real difference. But still, there's a reason that a shim job and other tuneup operations are among the first things people do to their guns.

If you have patience, and pay attention to what you're doing, a basic tuneup can be a little tedious, but not difficult. The main danger lies in terms of losing parts, and in nearly all cases you should easily be able to tell if you are reassembling it wrong.

Yeah, I am mostly worried about forgetting how to reassemble it or reassembling it wrong. Also I've always been nervous for springs to go flying everywhere. But if I grt a gun eventually, I'll grt one that's easy to take apart, and try my luck.