Sign in to follow this  
Jeebus Christmas

Did anyone else notice this in MW2?

In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, there are several character-models, NPCs included, that have tactical vests, loaded to the brim with weapon magazines. However, upon closer inspection not all is what it seems:...

As you can see, Captain Price, along with several other player-models, have their magazines textured to look like T.M.-compatible Airsoft magazines. The M4A1, M16A4, and Kalashnikov have the feed-lips textured accordingly, and the pistol magazines visible on some NPCs have the fill-valves, though the texture is very compressed, it's still visible. This is somewhat explainable, considering Infinity Ward, and Treyarch have used Airsoft models to design the weapons in their games.

More like: "Airsoft: The Video Game".

post-86235-1406633545_thumb.png

Edited by Jeebus Christmas

Guest alberty

I've seen other instances in similar games, or from the same series, in which they seemed to have stuff based on airsoft items too.

One of the basic M4A1s looked like a tan JG M4 S-System. In MW1 and MW3, the "AK-74u" looks like an AK-47S Beta, with that really stubby front end.

Its easier from a budget and legal standpoint to get your hands on airsoft equipment to model after, so it shouldn't be that surprising.

That said, the odds that none of them knew the difference between an airsoft magazine and a real one are quite low. So it seems likely that it was deliberately left in.

Edited by Daishain

<br>All I can say is just hope you never see a real commercial 'airsoft' video game. When paintball was a big deal it got a number of video games and they were universally awful.<br>
Actually there is a Japanese airsoft FPS that was made years ago. Didn't really go anywhere for obvious reasons. There also was an airsoft text based browser game that was active about 7 years ago. It was actually somewhat entertaining but the developer eventually gave up on it and shut it down. Edited by The Death Merchant

I can pretty much back-up what Shutaro said. I saw a lot of Paintball games when I was several years younger, and all of the ones that I saw ran off of that poorly-made "interactive-gun" system where you'd shoot at the television with the provided "controller". Never worked right.

Edited by Jeebus Christmas