Sign in to follow this  
SilentStormYT

What gun should I buy

Hello guys, I'm new to airsoft and I liked very much to play as recon\silent assasin.

I wanted to buy a set to play as silent as possible, like a sniper but a nice gas pistol has the same range as a good sniper.

My main objective is to get a very budget friendly set, to play silent and long range (pistol and clothes included).

I heard that aeg dmr are noisy so tell me everything that you guys know, thank you!
:a-thumbsup:

A good AEG DMR can and will save your :censored2: when stealth fails you, I wouldn't discount them entirely. Yes they make a bit more noise, but unless you are shooting at a long range target while another enemy is 15 meters away, it is not likely to make a difference given the usual chaos of the battlefield. Also, even the loudest AEG can be made to be almost completely silent, although it can take quite a bit of elbow grease and upgrade parts to manage it.

A spring sniper rifle is going to be the easiest to work with for your stated goal, but they too take quite a bit of upgrade work. Mostly in terms of upgrading them to the point where they actually have a practical advantage over the AEGs.

Gas rifles (preferably non blowback if you can actually find one) are also on the table.

However, all of this belies the main point. No amount of equipment is going to make up for a lack of skill in the role, and to be perfectly frank and blunt, being a true sniper can be quite boring for most people. It takes patience, quick thinking, and a nack for planning ahead.

My suggestion? Get a simple but good quality gas pistol, bring something to make melee kills with, and play a few games using nothing but those items. Do well, and you MIGHT have it in you to make getting a sniper rifle worth the money and effort.

Edited by Daishain

Get an AEG and good bbs and do some choice modifications like a hop swap. They are more flexible and cost effective since you can do anything where as with a DMR you cannot engage close targets or go assaulting. It's even worse with a bolt gun. The gap between a good AEG and an average DMR is not as wide as some players think.

As silent as things are on your end, when you score a ninja kill on a player and they shout "HIT HIT HIT" and put up their red rag chances are good you lose the sneak factor since those acts can be much louder and attract more attention than an AEG.

Your playing ability counts for much more than what gear you use. My 10 inch M4 reaches out pretty far and I do what I want be it "sniping" or assaulting or whatever.

You can add foam inside the gun to make it as quiet as possible.

And in general, there is really no point of making a super dead "silent aeg"...

A quiet one is good enough. I'm pretty sure most people will see you before they hear your quiet gun.

I'm the ghillie guy in the bushes, so it will be hard for them.

I'm the ghillie guy in the bushes, so it will be hard for them.

You really have no concept on how this game is played.

Let's take it apart in a few sections for analysis:

You have a ghilli and a short barrel bolt action rifle for the quiet factor and you go to the field.

Oh look. Your ghilli does not match the field terrain...guess what. You stick out like an Orange Cone. There is no camouflage advantage for you. So...you take an hour and "add" local vegetation to your suit and you "blend" in a little better now.

You go in the next round and you stage at spawn with everyone else. Horn blows and your off...you run down the path and after 80 feet you move into the bushes near a tree. You set up...and wait...and wait....and wait some more. Guess what...you don't know the field and you went to an area that no one plays in. So you get up an move...but you can't...your ghilli is caught on a bush...you struggle with it and finally untangle yourself.

Now you hear shooting off in the distance...you move down the path (so your suit does not get caught and impede your movement) and you get up to the lines...people on both sides are popping out between cover shooting at each other. You find cover further back and you see a guy that is shooting at your team. He does not notice you. You line up your bolt gun and fire...POC...low. You :censored2: and fire again...POC...still low....You :censored2: and fire again POC...you hit the cover right below him. He turns and looks in your direction, but does not quite see you. You :censored2: and fire the 4th time and hit him. He calls himself out.

Now you see another OPFOR member but he is further back...since you know you are shooting short...you decide to move in a bit to close the range. You find some "used" cover and set up. But, guess what. You missed an OPFOR that was closer to your left and hidden from your view. Now you see him, but he has not noticed you yet. But, you are now deep in the fighting zone. You fire at him and miss...he sees you and begins to turn. You :censored2: again and just as you are about to shoot he hoses you with an AEG and 30 bbs pelt you in 2 seconds.

Your out. The rest of the day...you do pretty much the same thing, most likely worse as you try and learn the field.

What I described above is an example and sadly to say...overly optimistic. You actually will not be as productive as I mention...every field I played at with a guy in a ghilli, they ditched the suit in 3 rounds. Then in the next event...they show up with a low end AEG.

Sneaky and stealth is not possible without skill AND EXPERIENCE.

I just got back from Northern Light and I actually have footage where I snuck up on a guy and got a bang kill. I will uploaded it in RAW form this evening. In the video...you will only see two things. My gun pointed at the ground and then the guy I bang kill after I snuck up on him. I was only wearing woodland and I was really not "camouflaged". As I walk through the woods. I make a small amount of noise stepping on virgin ground which had a lot of sticks and I did make a lot of snapping noise. But, guess what...I got up on the guy and surrendered him.

You really have no concept on how this game is played.

Let's take it apart in a few sections for analysis:

You have a ghilli and a short barrel bolt action rifle for the quiet factor and you go to the field.

Oh look. Your ghilli does not match the field terrain...guess what. You stick out like an Orange Cone. There is no camouflage advantage for you. So...you take an hour and "add" local vegetation to your suit and you "blend" in a little better now.

You go in the next round and you stage at spawn with everyone else. Horn blows and your off...you run down the path and after 80 feet you move into the bushes near a tree. You set up...and wait...and wait....and wait some more. Guess what...you don't know the field and you went to an area that no one plays in. So you get up an move...but you can't...your ghilli is caught on a bush...you struggle with it and finally untangle yourself.

Now you hear shooting off in the distance...you move down the path (so your suit does not get caught and impede your movement) and you get up to the lines...people on both sides are popping out between cover shooting at each other. You find cover further back and you see a guy that is shooting at your team. He does not notice you. You line up your bolt gun and fire...POC...low. You :censored2: and fire again...POC...still low....You :censored2: and fire again POC...you hit the cover right below him. He turns and looks in your direction, but does not quite see you. You :censored2: and fire the 4th time and hit him. He calls himself out.

Now you see another OPFOR member but he is further back...since you know you are shooting short...you decide to move in a bit to close the range. You find some "used" cover and set up. But, guess what. You missed an OPFOR that was closer to your left and hidden from your view. Now you see him, but he has not noticed you yet. But, you are now deep in the fighting zone. You fire at him and miss...he sees you and begins to turn. You :censored2: again and just as you are about to shoot he hoses you with an AEG and 30 bbs pelt you in 2 seconds.

Your out. The rest of the day...you do pretty much the same thing, most likely worse as you try and learn the field.

What I described above is an example and sadly to say...overly optimistic. You actually will not be as productive as I mention...every field I played at with a guy in a ghilli, they ditched the suit in 3 rounds. Then in the next event...they show up with a low end AEG.

Sneaky and stealth is not possible without skill AND EXPERIENCE.

I just got back from Northern Light and I actually have footage where I snuck up on a guy and got a bang kill. I will uploaded it in RAW form this evening. In the video...you will only see two things. My gun pointed at the ground and then the guy I bang kill after I snuck up on him. I was only wearing woodland and I was really not "camouflaged". As I walk through the woods. I make a small amount of noise stepping on virgin ground which had a lot of sticks and I did make a lot of snapping noise. But, guess what...I got up on the guy and surrendered him.

I already know that airsoft work like that, don't worry :a-wink:

I know what I'm getting myself into, the only thing that I need is the rifle to start playing again. (I have already played airsoft)