to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
MP5User

WGC: Trademarks Permanently Removed?

I was looking at possibly ordering an AEG off of WGC, since they had probably the one thing I was interested in at a halfway decent price. WGC says that along with the mandated orange tip, all trademarks are permanently removed for US import laws. What I want to buy has trademarks plastered all over the place, and I'd kind of like to keep them intact. I'm also not sure how they remove trades on metal bodies/items, but Im sure theres a way for everything.

My question is, if I leave a note asking for trademarks to be left alone/covered with tape or something, what are the odds of that actually working? As you can tell, I never order rifles overseas, but I seeking this one for a partial external build that I can't find stateside.

That is their blanket statement. Heck...they all say that they remove trademarks.

If you request that they don't, they won't but its on you.

I deal heavily with WGC...why did you not ask me to assist with them?

^I only stumbled across the item on WGC this morning, I was actually going to shoot you a PM about it lol. Coming your way in a few.

I understand scratching out plastic, but Im not sure how they would permanently remove metal trades... Trying hard to avoid that, the trademarked body is 80% of the reason I want this thing.

If they were to actually remove them, they would take a drill bit/mill to it and cut them out. But yeah, it's just a blanket statement. They will likely cover it somehow.

From my experience with some kind of electrical tape that doesn't really leave residue/is easy to peel off

Just ordered an AEG from them a little while back. It is as Vikeif says. Mine were only covered with electrical tape.

Keep in mind, I paid for the quickest shipping and customs still had it for close to three weeks.

Customs has nothing to do with shipping.

Uh, I don't know where you get that idea? It has everything to do with shipping, international shipping. They are the ones that regulate our shipping imports and exports for this here United States. My rifle should have arrived within a week, but because they wanted to take there sweet time, it took three weeks.

Umm no it doesn't. You can pay for surface ship for 10.00 or pay for Express ship for 100.00 and in both cases it can get stuck for 3 weeks in custom. Which means...Paying extra for "quickest shipping" means absolutely nothing when US Customs decides to "inspect" your package.

In other words...you don't get preferential treatment if you pay more for shipping. Customs is a totally random and separate factor.

Edited by Guges Mk3

I realize this is a bit of a necro, but I recently got a kjw g32c with a metal slide from ehobby and there are no trades at all on it, but it has trades in the stock picture. So it can be done, although they may have replaced my slide with an untraded one.

Also upon shipping the orange tip literally fell off before I got it.

Edited by Say10

There are stock pictures on some retailers with a simple "G" on a metal slide, but I've only ever actually seen one with that that, or any stock marking at all.

Same kind of goes with the KSC G-series. Older models had white trades, newer models are shipping with black trades even though retailers do not update their stock pictures.

When I had my WE M9 Beretta, I went to the website to ask them how much a Beretta trademarked replacement slide would be, they wrote me back saying they don't make them.

That's funny, because this is the photo for the M9 on their product page.

wem92trades_zps42f69db4.png

Full Beretta trades... :blink: