griffdog

Most unreliable airsoft brand?

What's the most unreliable airsoft brand in your opinion. I know some brands will be good for some things, but horrible for others, but everyone is going to have their own opinion. Most people will be asking what the best brands are, but I thought I'd change it up a little bit.

Anything LPEG.

Agreed. 40 dollars for an electric airsoft gun. Does that seem like good quality to you?

I was going to say WELL but UKarms tops it for crappiest guns.

You sir, are correct.

I've heard that CYMA was crap. I'd also heard that they'd stepped up over the years. But here and there, I'll see crap about them, but they always say that their AKs are good. Is that true. I have one and it's not falling apart like a UKarms gun, so I think it's and okay gun. I've heard good things about it too. I'm not trying to start a conversation on the CM.050, I'm just wondering what you're opinions are on CYMA. (No, I'm not considering buying one of their guns.)

Edited by TacticalAK47

CYMA guns are literally the Kalashnikov of the airsoft world, no pun intended, their guns are built like tanks and very affordable. One of my older friends told me CYMA used to be a terrible brand, back when Classic Army and ICS were the best, but they have gotten much better over the years. My M4 is made by them and I haven't had a single hiccup since the time I received it a little under a year ago.

I think that they're a good brand myself. I know you've seen my last threads explaining how I don't know about internals or upgrades. (Sadly I can't get my gun apart. The AKs are a pain.) But my gun runs pretty good. I do have an 8.4 volt test battery in it, but it still works okay. People still get shot and say "Ouch!" :a-grin: By the way, what about CA? Are they usually considered "good"?

I use the cheap China 8.4v's as well as the test battery that came with my gun, and I charge them all with a smart charger that only has 1 or 2 amp options. I killed one of them already, but since I have 4 or 5 lying around I'm not worried. I don't have much experience with CA but from what I've heard, there are better options for the price.

Guest alberty

Just to clear things up, Isn't "UKArms" also a rebranding company or distributor/wholesaler?

As one example I've seen UKArms-branded LPEG AKs, which were just CYMA CM.022s.

As another example, I've seen the UKArms-branded IU-L96 which is just an AGM MP-002.

UKArms is a rebrander yes.

ICS and CA were "never" the best.

If you would have seen the Gen 1 CA M15 with the barrel wobble that flopped from side to side like a fish tail you would know their true history. And this was on a Metal receiver not a plastic receiver.

And then the CA MP5...omg...I had one guy tell a board that I was on that they were the best MP5 aeg's on the market with his having no problems at all. And when I turn around his "said" MP5 with "no problems" was on the shelf awaiting parts for the "common" blow out, gear issue that occurs within 10000 rounds of use...

And then ICS and their soft alloys...ick. Wiring was thin. Their first AK has 22 socket head cap screws on the "outside" of the AEG to hold it together...what AK had socket head screws on the outside, much less one at all?

Edited by Guges Mk3

Here's another one: Lancer Tactical.

I guess I worded that wrong. TM, ICS and CA were the top 3 airsoft brands at one point, right?

That was pretty much the only choices you have in 2001-2005.

In 2006-2007 is when the China clone begins to invade US. The very first China clone landed in US is a MP5 Distributed/Rebranded by UTG. It was produced by Well/WellFire called the R5.

The gun was dirt cheap and only $99 at distributor price. Least to say that gun made a lot of money and opened the door to other clones entering US.

lol, I should take credit on coining the term Rebrand back in those days. I was the one of the early airsofter using this term on ASF if not the 1st one.

Edited by Allizard

UKArms is a rebrander yes.

ICS and CA were "never" the best.

If you would have seen the Gen 1 CA M15 with the barrel wobble that flopped from side to side like a fish tail you would know their true history. And this was on a Metal receiver not a plastic receiver.

And then the CA MP5...omg...I had one guy tell a board that I was on that they were the best MP5 aeg's on the market with his having no problems at all. And when I turn around his "said" MP5 with "no problems" was on the shelf awaiting parts for the "common" blow gear issue that occurs withing 10000 rounds of use...

And then ICS and their soft alloys...ick. Wiring was thin. Their first AK has 22 socket head cap screws on the "outside" of the AEG to hold it together...what AK had socket head screws on the outside, much less one at all?

Not sure if you remembered but back then Airsoft Elite MP5 was consider one of the better choice if you want MP5 gun. OEM by ICS but with upgraded wires and motor. And it was full metal. Now a decade later, things have certainly changed.

Edited by Allizard

A decade later. Hehe. Back then it would be 11-12 years before I got into airsoft. I know that this is not an airsoft brand but when I listened to advice from an "airsofter" on Yahoo answers, he told the guy that hobbytron was good. (I was new) Well I didn't know any better and was considering buying a gun from them. Luckily I heard better advice elsewhere. But I bet most of the things from there are crap. Just looking at their website tells you enough.

Lancer Tactical and Aftermath both suck I think. I have seen noobs swear by their Aftermath guns but oh my hell you can look at it the wrong way and break it. I guess I'm a "rough player" with my guns, because I kinda broke one my friend lent me... snapped in my hands.

Guest alberty

Lancer Tactical and Aftermath both suck I think. I have seen noobs swear by their Aftermath guns but oh my hell you can look at it the wrong way and break it. I guess I'm a "rough player" with my guns, because I kinda broke one my friend lent me... snapped in my hands.

You're right about "Aftermath", they have products on the cheap end of airsoft.

As for Lancer Tactical, they're rebranding a wide variety of products including guns. So, some of their products are on the cheaper end with all-plastic externasl while some others are considered decent like their MAG-K replica for example.

I recently bought a CM022 on eBay. The seller told me that it was a CYMA, but it came in a UKARMS box...IU-47S or something such. Same internal build as a standard CM022...

Well/Bell/Galaxy likes to clone guns, and throw in shoddier components, both inside and out. I have their MB01, and their G55...The latter is busted beyond recognition. Cracked charging handle, handle tube, magazines leaking, etc.

Haven't any experience with Aftermath, or Lancer.

KWC...Oh man. I bought FOUR of their Desert Eagles, and all of them had failed on me within a month, altogether. Their Mini-UZI is still holding up with my friend whom I gave it to. He isn't very gentle with Airsoft guns, so that might be a thing to consider as well...

Crosman springers generally broke externally, though, my friend's desert-camo SP32 shotgun is holding fine even today. It's been, what, eight years since he bought that? It's likely the oldest Airsoft gun in town...Hahah.

Guest alberty

Matrix....Wtf is up with them. I've bought an evike matrix m4 and it came with a broken receiver. Thought I could at least salvage the gb, nope, the bushing holes were misaliged causing gears to lock up. I stay away from anything matrix.

Depends on what you're getting specifically. The "Matrix" brand name from Evike is just rebranding many different products. I think the Matrix M4s are OEM by AIM Top.

Aim were the very first china made m4's with metal body and I shiped 24 to a nz game site... followed a few weeks later with 24 packs of shims... lol.
Although after that first batch of aim m4's I have not tryed anything aim so can't coment on there current production runs.
probally the same.

But that said... all / most ACM model quality is now on par with anything Japan or Taiwon made.
APS, DTW and E&C all had early production run issues years ago.... But all late models from these companies are near faultless and without complaint.

Take a small brand like... ZL... only made 5 models so far... Mp44, PPSH41, and 3 models in the SA58 range.
All near perfict faultless models.... ACM

Long gone are the days when one can point at ACM and call them all crap.
Anyone the does that now is uneducated on the subject and or listening to 10 year old intel.

Only issues in the last few years from an a insider point of veiw is the odd newly designed model might have a lose rubber, which can be easily corrected.
Although its even possable for some rebranded models to be maybe lacking in factory QC and that may incur random issues.
but we see less rebrands here in the airsoft capital, so can't comment on what we don't see or sell.

Can't say there are any bad brands I wouldn't buy, probably AIM... and probably cybergun would be an execption due to there companies tactics.

Personaly I have 40+ guns, maybe 80% ACM, 15% Taiwon (WE Pistols) and only a couple from Japan...TM's of cause... my first 2 guns. lol.

ok... maybe WELL I would want to inspect the model well before purchasing... lol.
but they still good bases to make nice sniper models.

Edited by The Insider

ACM guns. Their manufacturing process certainly have improved over the years. That said, they still have two on going issues

1. Majority of brand are still underground factories and no legitimacy of making replicas. Only very few like APS have the full legal rights. From what I've been told, some of the underground factories are piggybacking with legit factory to produce parts of the gun to reduce the risk of raids by authorities.

2. Consistency in quality control is still very iffy partly due to problem mentioned above. Otherwise, it's a management problem.