nitekram

AK47 vs AK47s

The receiver and the stock are the only differences.

This, of course, means that the placement of the battery is different. The full stock is definitely more spacious, and can handle more battery configurations.

CYMA AKs can be had for a little less than that, leaving you some extra change for a quality battery and charger.

Guest alberty

Thanks for the pics. Now I understand, but one further question. Can you drill hole in ak47 for ak47s stock, and will ak47s take a full stock - meaning can I go back and forth?

In theory you could part of that, but it would take custom work and I don't really recommend it.

For the AK-47s' underfolding stock, it's not just holes in the side of receiver, there's some basic rotating piece on each side that the folding stock is attached to.

For the regular AK-47's fixed stock, there's a sort of stock tang that sticks out of the rear of the body, and your fixed stock screws into that.

So, you'd need to find a way to make a body that has the accomodations for both of those features to switch between the two different stocks.

I instead recommend you just think about the AK-47s because that underfolding stock will serve both situations: having a stock to shoulder, or not using the stock and folding it away.

Thanks for the great advice. I guess I will get ak47s or something like it, as I think I like the solid look of the ones that come to the side. I do like the fact that is is cleaner looking when it goes under, but it looks like it might be easy to break.

I thank you guys for the answer. Since I got my answer, I will say this is resolved. Thanks again.

Guest alberty

Thanks for the great advice. I guess I will get ak47s or something like it, as I think I like the solid look of the ones that come to the side. I do like the fact that is is cleaner looking when it goes under, but it looks like it might be easy to break.

I thank you guys for the answer. Since I got my answer, I will say this is resolved. Thanks again.

You're correct, if your AK-47S's stock is made with cheap material, it is possible to break it easily.

For the type that has a side-folding stock, you would look for an AKS-74U, AK-74M, or a variant of those.

The AKMS has the same underfolding stock as the AKS-47, but if you are talking about the full stock then yes, there is a slight difference in the stock angle. The AKS-74 and 74U have skeletal side folding stocks, though, and the AK-74M has a solid side folding stock.

The AKMS has the same underfolding stock as the AKS-47, but if you are talking about the full stock then yes, there is a slight difference in the stock angle. The AKS-74 and 74U have skeletal side folding stocks, though, and the AK-74M has a solid side folding stock.

That's pretty interesting. Cyma apparently uses an incorrect stock angle for their AK-47s models using a much shallower than realistic angle (which is a large improvement on the design actually). This is what it should look like

548-2.jpg

What's more interesting is that on the pics at airsoftgi, their AKMS models use the same shallow stock angle instead of the correct one (horizontal), but not on the evike pics. Maybe they used to use an intermediate angle for both and now use intermediate for AK-47s and horizontal for AKMS?

What is the problem with the low angle on the stocks? Bad cheek weld?

Yup, quite bad.

Another point of contention is that there are no VFC/LCT type AK-47 models, only TM clones as VFC never made an AK-47. Better externals quality goes to the AKM/AK-74 models.

Guest alberty

Is there anything wrong with the Tokyo Mauri version (not the clone but the from TM)?

What do you mean by wrong?

There's nothing bad about it, but it's an outdated and unpreferred design by today's standards. Today, most people are looking for features like a metal body, real wood furniture, the VFC/real steel style disassembly, and higher-strength internals.

TM did make a good base AK-47 AEG in the beginning, and that has contributed toward the big selection of AKs today.

Guest alberty

I understand, thanks for telling me about the old design. That being said, would it be possible for the TM to be upgraded to today's standards, as I have a chance to pick one up. Thanks again for your time

I guess that also is subjective what are "today's standards", but anyways it would cost you a lot of time and money to switch up a stock TM AK-47 to be like some of the AKs available on the market today (externally and internally.

I don't recommend acquiring a stock TM AEG with the intention to fully change everything, it would instead be cheaper to get a TM clone and upgrade it.

But, just owning and using a stock TM AEG today would be fine if you are satisfied with its performance. They're pretty smooth, have good hop-up action, and are lightweight.

Edited by alberty