Sign in to follow this  
asianboba99

Would it be suitable for a ww2 event?

Ok, so I recently had a mandarin-style jacket/shirt made at my local tailor. It's the shirt with the high collar. I had it made with cotton fabric of khaki color because wool is too hot. I'm planning to do a couple of modifications to the collar and shoulders to make it a little more "military". I'm going to buy white scrubs and dye it either khaki or a dark olive drab. I'm planning to make a loadout/kit similar to this.

post-88301-0-20927300-1408188562_thumb.jpg

And this

post-88301-0-11398100-1408188637_thumb.jpg

I'm wondering if this would be a suitable and acceptable outfit if there was ever a ww2 airsoft game taking event in my area. I think these outfits would be very interesting and different from the usual things you see at a ww2 airsoft event.

Depends on the group and type of game they play. For the most part, WWII groups will host games that are accommodating to everyone as long as you make an effort to do period attire. But since these groups are tightly knit they'd often coordinate amongst themselves regarding what theater of the war they'll emulate simply that it would be weird having things mixed up like German and Japanese soldiers in the same bunk. Some games/groups on the other hand are very strict bordering reenactor level correctness.