vxcheese

Parents don't support me airsofting?

Hello my name is Trevor and I am 14 years old (almost 15). My parents don't support me in airsofting, my dad knows it's a sport and my parents are always pushing me to get out of the house. My parents make tons of money, but whenever I ask for $30 to go to my field ($20 for admission, $10 for extra stuff), they get mad at me, even in front of a friend. They have no issue with the guns itself either gun safety. I also have no guns to go airsofting with, my PDW and CZ-75D broke, and I want to get a KWA M93R for my birthday. I'm a programmer and my parents are always pushing me to go outside, why is it that they don't want me airsofting? I get to go maybe 1-2 times a month depending on how much I listen. Is there any way to listen? Also, I'm thinking about some new gear since my guns broke and same for my helmet. My field requires full face protection including ears, and I love GBB pistols, I don't like any aegs, even though the M93R goes full auto haha. Is this good? (I'm semi new to airsoft so I'm not sure)

KWA M93R

UKARMS Lower face mesh w/ ear protection

5000 .25g bbs

Lancer Tactical Safety Goggles

A beanie for top of head protection

A balaclava?? Which should I get?

Keep in mind I want to avoid sweating and it gets very hot in Southern California. My budget is $300, I'm ordering from ASGI only, they also have a coupon code for 20% off entire order. Is that loadout good, or what should I change? I also don't like 1911's incase you were gonna recommend me one haha.

Can anyone answer why my parents are like this??? Thanks so much guys :)

You just asked a forum of guys why your parents act the way they do. We don't really know... Parents are their own people with their own beliefs. Just because they make a lot of money doesn't mean you should take it for granted either... Maybe something like offering to pay the entrance would show them you are interested or something. Not trying to give you a life lesson, but you basically were asking for it.

Bottom line, if you want to play, wait until you can drive or find a friend to drive you to make it less of an inconvienence for them.

If you plan on playing with only a pistol... Have fun with that. It certainly isnt impossible, but takes a different play style. And multiple magazines. And quality BBs. And not an M93R. Consider an AEG if you plan on low key maintenance and all.

If you want to stick with a GBB, pick something that isn't select fire. More internal parts and sears means more susceptible to wear. Also, KWA mags are on the expensive side if you planned on buying more. I think you'll be satisfied with a KJW, for a lower price as well.

Seems to me what I read is that they get mad at you for asking for money. I see nothing where they get upset about you airsofting.

Perhaps you should pick up some chores to earn an allowance or something simialr, or a job such as mowing neighbors lawns. That would earn you some money to go play.

Seems to me they want you to work for your money, rather than being handed it.

If you wanna play, you gotta pay. If the parents don't foot the bill, do it yourself.

I had to save up for like 6 years to get money and by then I was in college. The discomfort was real, but funny enough it made me a better person. In some ways much of what I have is due in part to the lessons learned saving up my pennies.

You shouldn't be trying to shield yourself from discomfort. You should instead try to train yourself to be as tough as possible so if things don't turn out your way you bounce back quickly.

Go exercise in the heat. It's the only way you're going to get used to it and it will put hair on your chest and below.

Who knows you might like it.

Edited by SecondWind

I feel very white reading this

LOL I can't stop laughing now, thanks.

But maybe you shouldn't mooch them for coin and they wouldn't care, monsieur mooch.

That ruins the whole point.. I've been lookin around. Would I be better with an M9, Glock, or M1911?

Unfortunately, handgun choice will not keep you from sweating. Primary choice however can influence you from sweating a little (some sort of carbine) to sweating buckets (M60). Regardless of which, as with all strenuous outdoor activities you will perspire one way or another.

Guest alberty

Why do your parents not support your non-work hobby financially? I don't know, but that is their own decision.

From an outsider view I would guess that they want to find a way to earn your own money to appreciate the value of work and what it may cost to have fun in life.

That's an outsider view and maybe I'm wrong, but I will never know the true answer unless I were to get an answer from your parents. Instead, you should ask your parents to find out why they won't hand out money to you for airsoft.

Maybe if you talk to them, you will find out why, and you can reach some agreement with them for the future.

In regards to sweating, if you literally don't want to sweat from playing outside in SoCal, you would need wear nothing else but your goggles...

I just turned 14, so I get not being able to go airsofting. (Not because my parents don't like it. It's just that there's no fields near me and they don't want to drive me an hour and a half into the mountains all the time.) But several people have said to do some chores. I thought I'd throw out an idea: mowing lawns. I've been to southern California when my family went to Disneyland so I get that it's a big place, and there might not be any lawns where you're at. (Depending on if you're in an apartment or a place where the houses are packed like sardines.) But if there are, that is a really good way to make money. I'm not telling you what to do, I just thought I'd throw the idea out there. I don't know your parents, but maybe you could just ask them why they don't support your airsofting interest. I would almost bet that it's because they don't like having to spend the money. I hate to tell you, but airsoft is a very difficult sport to do as a kid without a full time job. I've spent hundreds on it, and I have only three good quality guns. A CYMA CM.050 AK, a 1911 Hi-Capa, and a UTG tri-shot shotgun. (I've stopped spending a ton on it because I would like to go to college and be able to buy a car.) But I would recommend just talking to them about it.

Instead of asking us. Why not ask your parent DIRECTLY and POLITELY?

^^^^^^ yes that

One way of getting support from you parent is to ask your parent to PLAY with you. I am going on 24 years playing with my son and cant wait to shoot my three grandsons.

If you know a parent who plays with their son perhaps they can talk to your parents. I have talked many many dads into playing when I worked at Airsport.

wage peace

since I guess this thread is up, I'd like to make my input, I've been airsofting for about 7-8 years on and off but I recently got back into it. However, I paid for my own stuff. So you should try to get a job, and ask them to reward you with some money. My parents also make very good money, I'm not bragging I'm trying to get on the same level as you, anyway when I was younger my parents thought it was dumb to spend money on fake guns. So I made my own money. Now the sweating thing, you cannot avoid sweating, even if you're indoors, but what I can recommend is a mission cool skull cap. also, apply monkey butt powder to your rear end to avoid sweaty butt. They also make masks that look like gas masks that have fans in them but could dry your eyes out. I have hyperhydrosis thats why I know alot about sweating. In highschool especially during senior prom I asked my parents if I could get botox for my arm pits to avoid the nasty pit stains. Hope this helps!