I have recently rennovated a JG M4A1 I bought used off a friend. I now believe I am experiencing some sort of electrical issue. When he sold it to me it fired very slowly (rof wise) and it seemed as though the motor was struggling to turn over the gearbox. I replaced the fuse with a fresh one although I don't think it needed it, and I also backed off the set screw on the bottom of the hand grip to loosen the motor mesh (thinking it was too tight, causing the motor to work much harder to turn the gearbox.) Those two procedures didnt do anyhting though. After those two failed to increase ROF, I decided it must be the motor itself. So I went on ebay and bought a cheap motor just to see if it was the problem. The motor arrived and I installed it, only to end up with the same result, slow ROF and what sounds like a struggling motor. I tried my buddies 9.6v battery instead of the 8.4 I normally use, and that increased the ROF to an acceptable level, but caused the motor to heat up quickly, and I would not want to use it for more than a couple minutes.

So basically it seems like my motor is struggling to move the gearbox, and, in turn, I am getting sub par preformance. I know the gun has not been modified internally, so its all stock gearbox and spring wise. I loosened the motor set screw at the bottom of the handguard, but it didnt seem to do anything, should I try to tighten it instead? Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Cheap battery+stock ACM motor=slow ROF.

Consider both a quality battery and a quality motor, although certain stock motors are known to be pretty good out of the box. Also, a motor grip that has a heat sink can help vent out heat from the motor.

What's your version of "slow"? JG gearboxes usually come with an M120 and don't have strong ROF numbers to begin with. Stock CMs can usually do better, assuming the same battery.

Much slower than my other "entry level aegs" as well as much slower than all of my friends entry level aegs. On semi you can hear it struggle to cycle the gearbox, and on full its very slow on 8.4v.

I have a -lancer tactical ak47

-2x JG g36c

-Jg M4A1

The lancer tactical shoots about 3 times faster than the m4. It is much slower than all of our other guns, and really sounds like its struggling.

Guest alberty

Do you have knowledge or experience with AEG internals? An AEG's rate of fire can be affected by several factors, and you have to understand what you're changing around and what to expect.

For example, adjusting the motor height was a good guess, but if that didn't solve the problem immediately, it could have just been slow rate of fire coming from a cheap motor and nothing was wrong with your gun.

You then tried another motor, but likely the motor you acquired and put in was also providing about the same speed, so logically nothing would seem improved.

You then tried a higher voltage battery which helps, but then you said there was noticeable heating up. With that, that means something is causing your whole setup, not just the motor but also the gearbox, to not run as smoothly as desirable.

For example, if your gears are not shimmed well inside of the gearbox, that can create more struggle for the motor to deal with, and no matter what motor you'd change to that would not change the shimming of the gears without opening the gearbox.

That goes to my original point in that, think about all of the internal workings of your gun inside before jumping to the conclusion that it's exactly 1 certain part contribute to your rate of fire being slower than what you would like.

I know the basic workings of the gearbox from diagrams and such, but have not taken a gearbox apart before. That being said, I didn't necessarily jump to conclusions, rather I started trying possible solutions based on my limited knowledge. Also, I did not want to take apart the gearbox if it was not necessary. I guess a proper gearbox inspection and re shimming May be in order.

Fuses will not hamper ROF to any significant degree.

Motor adjustment will not affect ROF more so it will affect screeching due to misalignment

ROF is highly affected by Voltage, Mechbox tightness (Springs, shimming...old grease...etc) and quality of motor.

Output voltage of your battery pack. Not all packs are created equal. Some 7 cell packs put out 7 volts under load while others can put out 9V under load. That 2V makes a big difference. Please identify the make and cell model of your pack. Plus the charger you use to charge said pack.

Since you did not "renovate" the internals of the JG, I doubt it is shimmed incorrectly or the internals were "messed" with...so I will pass over that.

JG stock motors are slow...coupled with a weak battery the AEG is going to be really slow. You need to swap to a KNOWN good High RPM motor with a good battery.

Most likely your slow ROF is a combination of issue 1 and 3. As stated by others above...