Sign in to follow this  
aws1963

WE 1911 issue

Though I'd ask here for ideas.

Symptom:

Fully loaded mag (Green Gas) shoots about 4-5 bb's, slide locks at about 1/2 open and then expends all gas. Not sure it's the gun since I have another mag that works fine and gives about 24-25 shots before having to re-gas. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Guest alberty

That magazine could have a "sticky" output valve, like it's getting striked and then stuck in the depressed position so gas constantly comes out?

Another possibility is something blocking the slide movement, like the blowback unit getting caught on the hammer during your cycle for example.

There's several things I can guess at, but looking at it yourself would be the best way to give a diagnosis.

Well, problem solved.

Prior to fixing, problem got worse as every shot would end in a 3/4 cycled slide locked up.

Solution:

Hop up retainer was not installed properly. Was at a slight angle. This caused the barrel to cycle incorrectly upon the slide cycle function. Removed retainer, cleaned it up and installed properly it shoots great. Funny how such a small part makes such a huge difference. FYI to anyone else with these symptoms. Check this out on your 1911.

Thanks for your response Alberty. Appreciate it.

Edited by aws1963